Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2020, 08:24 PM

4,433 posts, read 2,455,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csonka View Post
And I have no problem saying that Harris is screwing up by refusing to condemn antifa / BLM violence...

If you're hellbent on a double standard or some sort of duplicity, that's not a great example. Personally I think the Tara Reade issue should be front and center if its dirt you're after. Harris was supposed to be a champion of the #metoo movement so being on the same ticket with Biden makes that extremely awkward.

Then again, there are actual problems facing us including the galactic sized covid issue. We would all be better off if that was the focus of the nation, its leaders and electorate who will put them in office. But it won't be. The preference for a circus is too ingrained in American culture.

Old 08-17-2020, 09:49 PM

21,741 posts, read 16,365,101 times
Quote:
You really want me to believe that you haven't seen ANY violence being committed in Portland and Seattle and other places?

Then no amount of me pasting links to news articles is gong to help you.
This is great Remember I said I am in this for “sport?” And you are accommodating by pitching to me straight across the plate. Softball style.

1. I couldn’t care less what you believe ... I’m not trying to convince you of anything. I’m hitting your pitches out of the park for the fans to enjoy the game.

2. I never said I haven’t seen any violence in Seattle or Portland, et al. I said - and proved, with verifiable sources - that the violence hasn’t been connected to antifa as you have repeatedly claimed.

All you have done today is demonstrate that you don’t read and process information carefully ... and your analytical abilities appear to be disengaged.

Old 08-17-2020, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Sure lol

Then why isn't the Portland DA charging them with violence? Or Kim Foxx in Chicago? You would think they'd be making sure right wing supremacists face justice.

But no. Charges dropped

Oops. There goes your ridiculous theory

Even the Portland Mayor is begging the rioters to stop, as is Mayor Lightfoot

Face it. You don't have the spine to call people out for committing violence and have to pretend it's some mythical right wing beast when in reality it's YOUR fellow voters

Denial denial denial
*cough*
Read and weep for America Csonka:
Quote:
116th CONGRESS
1st Session
S. 894

To authorize dedicated domestic terrorism offices within the Department of Homeland Security, the Department of Justice, and the Federal Bureau of Investigation to analyze and monitor domestic terrorist activity and require the Federal Government to take steps to prevent domestic terrorism.

IN THE SENATE OF THE UNITED STATES
March 27, 2019
Mr. Durbin (for himself, Mr. Blumenthal, Mr. Booker, Mr. Cardin, Mr. Coons, Ms. Duckworth, Ms. Harris, Mr. Kaine, Ms. Klobuchar, Mr. Markey, Mr. Whitehouse, Mr. Sanders, Mr. Schatz, and Mr. Reed) introduced the following bill; which was read twice and referred to the Committee on the Judiciary

A BILL
To authorize dedicated domestic terrorism offices within the Department of Homeland Security, the Department of Justice, and the Federal Bureau of Investigation to analyze and monitor domestic terrorist activity and require the Federal Government to take steps to prevent domestic terrorism.

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,
SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.

This Act may be cited as the “Domestic Terrorism Prevention Act of 2019”.

SEC. 2. FINDINGS.

Congress finds the following:

(1) White supremacists and other far-right-wing extremists are the most significant domestic terrorism threat facing the United States.

(2) On February 22, 2019, a Trump Administration United States Department of Justice official wrote in a New York Times op-ed that “white supremacy and far-right extremism are among the greatest domestic-security threats facing the United States. Regrettably, over the past 25 years, law enforcement, at both the Federal and State levels, has been slow to respond. … Killings committed by individuals and groups associated with far-right extremist groups have risen significantly.”.

(3) An April 2017 Government Accountability Office report on the significant, lethal threat posed by domestic violent extremists explained that “[s]ince September 12, 2001, the number of fatalities caused by domestic violent extremists has ranged from 1 to 49 in a given year.” The report noted: “[F]atalities resulting from attacks by far right wing violent extremists have exceeded those caused by radical Islamist violent extremists in 10 of the 15 years, and were the same in 3 of the years since September 12, 2001. Of the 85 violent extremist incidents that resulted in death since September 12, 2001, far right wing violent extremist groups were responsible for 62 (73 percent) while radical Islamist violent extremists were responsible for 23 (27 percent).”.

(4) An unclassified May 2017 joint intelligence bulletin from the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Department of Homeland Security found that “white supremacist extremism poses [a] persistent threat of lethal violence,” and that White supremacists “were responsible for 49 homicides in 26 attacks from 2000 to 2016 … more than any other domestic extremist movement”
https://www.congress.gov/116/bills/s...-116s894is.xml

Old 08-17-2020, 11:17 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,301,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artillery77 View Post
Yeah, I was really looking forward to voting Biden-Klobuchar....but Biden-Harris scares me both from Biden backing down from his initial (correct) instinct and Harris is all emotive. There's a decent shot either VP candidate could become President with the two running. I'd take Biden over Trump, but not coming with the chance that it might fall to Harris. Can we somehow make a Biden/Pence ticket?
Biden/Klobuchar was my dream ticket too, but Harris will be ok, I've watched her in California as SF DA and California AG and she was quite conservative, it seems to be her nature and I can't see her straying very far from that.

Old 08-18-2020, 08:18 AM

1,334 posts, read 1,675,887 times
Quote:
Strong women condemn antifa and BLM violence.
Strong women don't take advice from jerks like you.

Quote:
Strong women have CHILDREN.
Oh really. Is that a prerequisite for "strong" men too?

Quote:
Black women will turn against her HARD. Already happening. They see her for what she is.
Uh huh. Are you black? A woman? Do you even know any?

Quote:
Ok, when Trump wins AGAIN ...

Until then, I will not utter another peep.
Damn, I was SO hoping. But it's still not too late to start!

Quote:
You'd have SOME edibility if the Libs didn't savage Palin for being a strong successful woman.
Ms Palin's problem was that she was an ignorant right-wing shill, not a "strong, successful woman" -- who jumped ship midway through her term as governor.

Quote:
Strong women don't sleep with Willie Brown to get their start in their careers....

And the way the Libs savage beautiful Melania.
Speaking of sleeping your way to the top -- but Melania is "beautiful" so that's OK, right?

I guess Ms Harris should have acted more like this to show how "strong" she is: https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/articl...lady-erections
[/quote]

Old 08-18-2020, 09:21 AM

8,343 posts, read 6,436,914 times
Sleeping with old men is something she is used to.

Old 08-18-2020, 09:26 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,288,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
Where is the outrage with how Trump has been a womanizer throughout his entire adult life?

A bit of a double standard?

Old 08-18-2020, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
Really? Have you got a list of the many old men she’s “slept with” for us?

My girlfriend is 20 years younger than me ... we’ve been together for 22 years ... do you consider my gf a loose ‘hoe’ who sleeps with old men?

Ya know Vega. You are one who posts here frequently touting your Christian, church-going bona-fides. Yet you cast stones regularly with nary a thought to it. “Judge not, lest ye shall ...”. Ring a bell, bubba?

Old 08-18-2020, 09:51 AM

2,379 posts, read 1,816,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadwarrior101 View Post
Where is the outrage with how Trump has been a womanizer throughout his entire adult life?

A bit of a double standard?

Lest us not forget the comment/s VSG (Very Stable Genius) was heard making on the Access Hollywood tape, while his wife was pregnant

Old 08-18-2020, 10:56 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,288,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Ya know Vega. You are one who posts here frequently touting your Christian, church-going bona-fides. Yet you cast stones regularly with nary a thought to it. “Judge not, lest ye shall ...”. Ring a bell, bubba?
I guess he's only Christian when its convenient for his agenda. Sin during the week and repent on Sundays. All good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies