Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2020, 01:09 PM

4,433 posts, read 2,455,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Dunno why link didn’t work for you, but here’s the relevant summary quoted:

If I was Kamala Harris or a Jamaican America/of W. Indian descent, I'd feel trivialized by that piece. Not that it's unique in any way, but it's mildly insulting to assume that people vote on racial/ethnic lines. If I was picked as a running mate and the media immediately started tabulating potential vote totals of Asians, I'd feel like a prop. This isn't your fault, of course. Just commenting on those types of articles.

Old 08-17-2020, 01:14 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,280,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Csonka View Post
LOL

You guys always got to make women into quasi men

"She will kick my ass"

You have issues with women and want them to be men. That's YOUR problem, so don't try to make it mine
Your problem is clearly obvious. Backwards thinking about strong women must bear children. I honestly didn’t think you people existed anymore.

LOL.

I’m sure this is where you label me a liberal or some such nonsense.

Old 08-17-2020, 01:57 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,294,125 times
Quote:
LOL

You guys always got to make women into quasi men

"She will kick my ass"

You have issues with women and want them to be men. That's YOUR problem, so don't try to make it mine
That's just disgusting. You are the one with issues.

Old 08-17-2020, 02:28 PM

545 posts, read 514,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Proof, Csonka, proof. You say crap but don’t provide a shred of evidence.

51 Protesters Facing Federal Charges—Yet No Sign Of Antifa Involvement
Attorney General William Barr and other top government officials have frequently blamed Antifa activists for the violence stemming from recent demonstrations in the wake George Floyd's death; however, in NPR's review of court documents of 51 individuals facing federal charges related to protests, none is alleged to have links to the Antifa movement.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/tommybe...fa-involvement

No Sign Of Antifa So Far In Justice Department Cases Brought Over Unrest
U.S. Attorney General William Barr has repeatedly blamed anti-fascist activists for the violence that has erupted during demonstrations over George Floyd's death, but federal court records show no sign of so-called antifa links so far in cases brought by the Justice Department.

NPR has reviewed court documents of 51 individuals facing federal charges in connection with the unrest. As of Tuesday morning, none is alleged to have links to the antifa movement.

Of the cases brought so far, 20 involve allegations related to arson; 16 involve the illegal possession of a firearm, more often than not by a felon; another eight people face charges related to inciting a riot or civil disorder.

The single instance in which an extremist group is mentioned in court documents is a case against three Nevada men. Federal prosecutors allege the trio belong to the right-wing Boogaloo movement that wants to bring about a civil war. The men have been charged with plotting violence during Las Vegas protests.

https://www.npr.org/2020/06/09/87327...ht-over-unrest

LEAKED DOCUMENTS SHOW POLICE KNEW FAR-RIGHT EXTREMISTS WERE THE REAL THREAT AT PROTESTS, NOT “ANTIFA”
https://theintercept.com/2020/07/15/...-right-antifa/

U.S. prosecutors do not charge Portland protesters with antifa ties
U.S. federal prosecutors have produced no evidence linking dozens of people arrested in anti-racism protests in Portland, Oregon, to the antifa or anarchist movements, despite President Donald Trump’s assertions they are fueling the unrest.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-g...-idUSKCN2502NQ

Get it Csonka?
Now your turn ... got proof?

You really want me to believe that you haven't seen ANY violence being committed in Portland and Seattle and other places?

Then no amount of me pasting links to news articles is gong to help you.

Old 08-17-2020, 02:30 PM

102,216 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
Oh geez

One of those.....

No helping you seeing reality, I'm afraid
What there has been proof of, is extreme Right elements using an "Antifa" cover to create mayhem. Minneapolis police have proof of this, and it's come up elsewhere, as well.

Old 08-17-2020, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
That's just disgusting. You are the one with issues.
You'd have SOME edibility if the Libs didn't savage Palin for being a strong successful woman.

And the way the Libs savage beautiful Melania. Shameful

But you squandered any and all credibility

So now you are down to calling people "disgusting" like a Victorian prude

You people crack me up.

One minute it's pseudo "disgust" like a Victorian prude and another it's savaging beautiful women because you dislike their politics.

Verdict: you all have some SERIOUS issues with women and only can relate to them if they act like men and share your politics. Very very very weird.

Old 08-17-2020, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
What there has been proof of, is extreme Right elements using an "Antifa" cover to create mayhem. Minneapolis police have proof of this, and it's come up elsewhere, as well.
Sure lol

Then why isn't the Portland DA charging them with violence? Or Kim Foxx in Chicago? You would think they'd be making sure right wing supremacists face justice.

But no. Charges dropped

Oops. There goes your ridiculous theory

Even the Portland Mayor is begging the rioters to stop, as is Mayor Lightfoot

Face it. You don't have the spine to call people out for committing violence and have to pretend it's some mythical right wing beast when in reality it's YOUR fellow voters

Denial denial denial

Old 08-17-2020, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadwarrior101 View Post
Sure, but will Trump do the same about hate speech and far right fascism? He's had chances such as the Charlottesville incident. Unfortunately, he blew it by saying there are good people on both sides.
Trump screwed up

I have no problem saying it. He's just a guy.

And I have no problem saying that Harris is screwing up by refusing to condemn antifa / BLM violence when even Wheeler and Lightfoot are out there now condemning it. They're leading. Harris and Biden had a chance to lead and chickened out

Which is why neither of them are half the person someone like Bill Clinton was, or even Hillary for that matter

Old 08-17-2020, 07:59 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,294,125 times
Quote:
You'd have SOME edibility if the Libs didn't savage Palin for being a strong successful woman.

And the way the Libs savage beautiful Melania. Shameful

But you squandered any and all credibility

So now you are down to calling people "disgusting" like a Victorian prude

You people crack me up.

One minute it's pseudo "disgust" like a Victorian prude and another it's savaging beautiful women because you dislike their politics.

Verdict: you all have some SERIOUS issues with women and only can relate to them if they act like men and share your politics. Very very very weird.
edibility? Why would I want to have edibility - chocolate rabbits have edibility, cherry pie has edibility, grown women do not have edibility

I am not sure what serious issues I have with women since i am one. You need to quit now because the hole you are digging yourself just keeps getting deeper.

Old 08-17-2020, 08:03 PM

7,649 posts, read 4,603,757 times
Quote:
Trump screwed up

I have no problem saying it. He's just a guy.

And I have no problem saying that Harris is screwing up by refusing to condemn antifa / BLM violence when even Wheeler and Lightfoot are out there now condemning it. They're leading. Harris and Biden had a chance to lead and chickened out

Which is why neither of them are half the person someone like Bill Clinton was, or even Hillary for that matter
Yeah, I was really looking forward to voting Biden-Klobuchar....but Biden-Harris scares me both from Biden backing down from his initial (correct) instinct and Harris is all emotive. There's a decent shot either VP candidate could become President with the two running. I'd take Biden over Trump, but not coming with the chance that it might fall to Harris. Can we somehow make a Biden/Pence ticket?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies