Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2019, 09:22 AM

8,090 posts, read 15,165,710 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RationalExpectations View Post
Never heard of her.
Good interview, Tulsi Gabbard with Dave Rubin here.

While I disagree with her on a bunch of stuff (and so far my vote still goes to Trump), I think she could be trusted with the job, and I don't think she'd be markedly worrisome for the country's future. I can't say that for any of the other Dem candidates, either still running or dropped out.

Old 10-03-2019, 09:38 AM

21,741 posts, read 16,361,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
Good interview, Tulsi Gabbard with Dave Rubin

While I disagree with her on a bunch of stuff (and so far my vote still goes to Trump), I think she could be trusted with the job, and I don't think she'd be markedly worrisome for the country's future. I can't say that for any of the other Dem candidates, either still running or dropped out.
If you are concerned about the country’s future, as you say, and have trouble with the party lines advanced by the Democratic field, you might find another of those candidates even more non-partisan and interesting than Gabbard: Andrew Yang. He is attracting a higher percentage of former Trump voters than any other Democrat.

“Not right ...
Not left ...
But forward ... with Human-centered capitalism.”

MATH “Make America Think Harder”

Old 10-03-2019, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
If you are concerned about the country’s future, as you say, and have trouble with the party lines advanced by the Democratic field, you might find another of those candidates even more non-partisan and interesting than Gabbard: Andrew Yang. He is attracting a higher percentage of former Trump voters than any other Democrat.
I'm aware of him. Also read through enough of his policies to get the picture:
https://www.yang2020.com/policies/

For some points I agree with him (personally I'd like to see the welfare system entirely dumped in favor of UBI+Medicaid); for others, especially where he touches on energy, ag, and security ... what planet is he from?? And you can sure tell he's been working with venture capital, not his own money. OTOH, far as I've seen he seems to have enough integrity for the office. So that's two Dems, out of 20-odd hats flying around their ring, that at least don't make me run away screaming.

But if I had to choose, at this moment it would still be Gabbard. (Subject to change without notice.)

Last edited by Reziac; 10-03-2019 at 10:50 AM.. Reason: half a think is better than none

Old 10-03-2019, 10:59 AM

Quote:
I'm aware of him. Also read through enough of his policies to get the picture:
https://www.yang2020.com/policies/

For some points I agree with him (personally I'd like to see the welfare system entirely dumped in favor of UBI+Medicaid); for others, especially where he touches on energy, ag, and security ... what planet is he from?? And you can sure tell he's been working with venture capital, not his own money. OTOH, far as I've seen he seems to have enough integrity for the office. So that's two Dems, out of 20-odd hats flying around their ring, that at least don't make me run away screaming.

But if I had to choose, at this moment it would still be Gabbard. (Subject to change without notice.)
I agree with you on dumping welfare entirely.

I don’t find him from another planet on energy or ag at all.

I am not up on any of his security issues so will have to look at that.

Not sure what difference it makes that he hasn’t been working with his own money ... even supposedly filthy rich don’t work with their own money ... it’s ALL leveraged. Trump damn sure doesn’t invest his “own money” ... in fact I’m not convinced he has much net worth, it’s all smoke and mirrors with him. Bankruptcies, lawsuits, name-licensing, flat out fraud and cheating ... heh.

Old 10-03-2019, 11:11 AM

Perhaps among my top reasons for considering Yang is his plan for stopping Robo-calls:
Quote:
As President, I will initiate a robo-calling text line. If you receive a robo-call that you feel was a waste of your time, simply forward the number that called you to our robo-call investigations line (800-ROBOCAL). The FCC will follow up with the company that called you. If the FCC receives numerous complaints about a particular company, they will issue significant fines. This will quickly discourage companies from adopting marketing tactics that customers find unpleasant or unwelcome.
MATH

Old 10-03-2019, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Perhaps among my top reasons for considering Yang is his plan for stopping Robo-calls:

MATH
I only have a cellphone. The number has not been made public, nor does any company have permission to share it. Nonetheless I get a lot of junk calls. (To where I no longer answer if I don't know the number.) Almost none originate from a legitimate number. Most are spoofed (some even use MY number; also, I can tell you for a fact, because I get calls asking me WTF, that my own number is sometimes used to spoof-call others), or originate overseas -- how does he plan to stop that?

Old 10-03-2019, 01:00 PM

Quote:
I only have a cellphone. The number has not been made public, nor does any company have permission to share it. Nonetheless I get a lot of junk calls. (To where I no longer answer if I don't know the number.) Almost none originate from a legitimate number. Most are spoofed (some even use MY number; also, I can tell you for a fact, because I get calls asking me WTF, that my own number is sometimes used to spoof-call others), or originate overseas -- how does he plan to stop that?
I dunno ... I just like the intent and posted in humor. That said, if it’s the issue for him he says, maybe he’d respond to electorate anger and outlaw it altogether. Anything can be sleuthed out. These bastards need to go down!

Old 10-03-2019, 07:48 PM

19,221 posts, read 16,705,467 times
I can't say that I'm disappointed to learn Harris is losing ground in the polls. She has a lot to learn about this country's population. Not everyone is a liberal elite. Many still have moderately conservative values. Her progressive push doesn't sit well with a lot of people, which is probably why she's sliding.

I'd love to see someone in the White House that is more balanced. Not far left and not far right. Both of those ends of the spectrum seem to be crazy. I just want someone who is more normal although I don't even know what "normal" means anymore. Such anger in this country. Heck, you can't even go to YouTube and comment on a video without getting your head ripped off.

Old 10-04-2019, 04:24 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,772,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
I can't say that I'm disappointed to learn Harris is losing ground in the polls. She has a lot to learn about this country's population. Not everyone is a liberal elite. Many still have moderately conservative values. Her progressive push doesn't sit well with a lot of people, which is probably why she's sliding.

I'd love to see someone in the White House that is more balanced. Not far left and not far right. Both of those ends of the spectrum seem to be crazy. I just want someone who is more normal although I don't even know what "normal" means anymore. Such anger in this country. Heck, you can't even go to YouTube and comment on a video without getting your head ripped off.
I agree about finding someone balanced, but it appears, at least for now we just don't seem to have that. I will add, I am not sure Trump is that far right, he is just a jerk, so appears to be far right. Add to that the Dems have not yet got over his win and fight him at every crossing. He doesn't know what to do other than act like a jerk And the bad part, he has done some really good things

Old 10-04-2019, 05:29 AM

26,739 posts, read 26,828,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
I can't say that I'm disappointed to learn Harris is losing ground in the polls.
I agree; she's too confrontational, bombastic, and prosecutorial. And she needs to finish her Senate term.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies