Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2019, 08:47 AM

21,741 posts, read 16,361,136 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Kamala is an opportunist and her priniciples seem to be determied by which way the wind is blowing. I watched her as SF District Attorney and then as California AG.
  • She fought to prevent the early release of inmate firefighters because it would cost the state too much money to replace them with civilian firefighters.
  • She fought to keep a man in prison who was factually innococent attempting to appeal the release for two years after the court ordered him released
  • As SF DA she enacted a policy of arresting parents of chronically truant students and hid the fact from defense attorney's that the a crooked lab tech had likely not tested hundreds of drug samples but instead had taken the drugs herself tainting at least 900 cases
  • She was against the legalization of marijuana in 2014 but changed her mind when public opinion no longer supported that position
  • She could easily have prosecuted One West run by Mnuchin but decided against it, just like she declined to prosecute any of the California players responsible for the recession.
  • She ran as being against the death penalty but supported it in court.
Agreed. And she’s not my choice for VP or AG either, let alone POTUS. All said though, she is, as I said, smart and capable. The world of politics (and corporate management and military) is replete with smart, capable opportunists. And then there are also the overabundance of unintelligent, unprincipled, inept leaders .... such as the present POTUS. I’d vote for Harris the opportunist in a nanosecond if she was the last wo/man standing among the candidates vying to take the Trumpster down.

Old 12-12-2019, 08:53 AM

3,155 posts, read 2,703,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
No political preferences here.

But Andrew Yang tops my interest so far.

Please update your list
NPP here too.
I'm with Tulemutt. Yang then Biden. Everybody else is as crazy as a March hare.

Most important issue is reducing partisanship and reversing the politization of every damn thing so we can get people who can actually compromise and govern again.

Old 12-12-2019, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wac_432 View Post
NPP here too.
I'm with Tulemutt. Yang then Biden. Everybody else is as crazy as a March hare.

Most important issue is reducing partisanship and reversing the politization of every damn thing so we can get people who can actually compromise and govern again.
The bolded in your quote is pushing me toward Yang over crazy Bernie even.

But I wouldn’t extend the “crazy as a March hare” to Klobuchar in particular. Warren, Sanders (love him crazy), Gabbard, Steyer, Bloomberg, yes .... oh, and Buttigieg’s not crazy either ... I just can’t agree with him on much. But he’s a pretty impressive guy personally I feel.

“Not left, not right, forward. Make America Think Harder.” - Andrew Yang

Old 12-12-2019, 09:04 AM

8,343 posts, read 6,435,284 times
She got into politics by being Willie Browns girlfriend, she was 30 he was 60 and married.

Old 12-12-2019, 09:07 AM

10,609 posts, read 5,653,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
We need more John McCains.
I agree. My European friends still do not understand how he lost the election. Prior to the election, they said "McCain's a decorated war hero, ex-POW, with a beautiful blond wife with big boobs who owns a beer distributorship," they said, "He can't possibly lose."

They underestimated how many people-of-color voted for Obama only because he was a person-of-color. Or, as comedian Chris Rock put it,
"I'm not a racist. I didn't vote for Obama because he's Black.
I voted for Obama BECAUSE I'M BLACK."

Old 12-12-2019, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RationalExpectations View Post
I agree. My European friends still do not understand how he lost the election. Prior to the election, they said "McCain's a decorated war hero, ex-POW, with a beautiful blond wife with big boobs who owns a beer distributorship," they said, "He can't possibly lose."

They underestimated how many people-of-color voted for Obama only because he was a person-of-color. Or, as comedian Chris Rock put it,
"I'm not a racist. I didn't vote for Obama because he's Black.
I voted for Obama BECAUSE I'M BLACK."
Simple answer: Sarah Palin.

Old 12-12-2019, 09:19 AM

6,089 posts, read 4,990,256 times
Quote:
I’d vote for Harris
"Yeah I agree she's corrupt and hurt innocent people, but yeah I'd vote for her."

California politics in a nutshell.

Old 12-12-2019, 09:28 AM

5,267 posts, read 4,184,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
"Yeah I agree she's corrupt and hurt innocent people, but yeah I'd vote for her."

Sickening isn’t it?? This is what I hear every day here. They’re all going to be very disappointed next Nov even the labradoodle

Old 12-12-2019, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post

Context is everything. You enjoy ignoring it always .

So it is with accuracy of quote ... you know, like attributing things to people that were never said. Such as you just ascribed to my statements, above. I never said “she (Harris) was “corrupt”. Nor did I say she “hurt” innocent people (although I do agree she did, that wasn’t what I stated). I agreed she is an opportunist. So true that you are one as well, CR, by attempting to post your inferences as if from actual quotes.

What I posted, again, clearly, was: I agree Harris is an opportunist. But I’d gladly vote for her to replace Cheeto Face, whose crimes against innocent people, and against the nature of truth itself, exceed any other politician in the nation’s history. Just as so many Trump voters chose him, holding their nose, rather than vote for Clinton.

Voting “lesser evils” is nothing new or unique to California, now is it?

But for you, any opportunity to attempt denigration of the state and its citizens / voters ... even if you blatantly falsify another’s position to cast your snark, eh?

Sad.

Old 12-12-2019, 03:04 PM

26,739 posts, read 26,828,098 times
Quote:
But for you, any opportunity to attempt denigration of the state and its citizens / voters ... even if you blatantly falsify another’s position to cast your snark, eh?
Is that ever the truth. Not sure what's behind his extreme vitriol for California.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies