Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2019, 04:39 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,766,520 times

Advertisements

WSJ has just posted that Biden and Warren are pulled ahead of the pack. I hope more will drop out.

Old 09-17-2019, 06:21 PM

4,021 posts, read 1,800,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
WSJ has just posted that Biden and Warren are pulled ahead of the pack. I hope more will drop out.
I think it will come down to these two......not sure I know which is more/less electable...... (But I am on the other side of the aisle) Maybe they will run as ticket-mates......? I don't see Sanders making it at the convention, but it will be very interesting......

Old 09-17-2019, 06:44 PM

21,741 posts, read 16,361,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody01 View Post
I think it will come down to these two......not sure I know which is more/less electable...... (But I am on the other side of the aisle) Maybe they will run as ticket-mates......? I don't see Sanders making it at the convention, but it will be very interesting......
Biden and Warren are sometimes referred to as “frenemies” ... but historically they have been more “enemies” than friends. Some pretty sharp elbows thrown in the past. Pretty distinct battles. Not likely ticket-mates at all.

Sanders? Struggling but not at all out.

Yang is the “unknown” to watch. Talk about “very interesting”, this MATH guy is, in his own words: “not right, not left ... but forward.” He and Sanders draw seriously substantial crossover votes from former Trump supporters. No other Dem’s come close to that dynamic. Trump himself has said he is only “worried about some unknown entering the race” ... that would be Mr. Yang. Smart guy (Yang).

Andrew Yang Knows How To Beat Donald Trump
https://www.forbes.com/sites/kevinkr...ald-trump/amp/

No, I haven’t joined the Yang Gang (yet). But he’s got my attention with the way he focuses on solutions to modern day issues rather than ideology.

Old 09-17-2019, 07:28 PM

4,021 posts, read 1,800,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Biden and Warren are sometimes referred to as “frenemies” ... but historically they have been more “enemies” than friends. Some pretty sharp elbows thrown in the past. Pretty distinct battles. Not likely ticket-mates at all.

Sanders? Struggling but not at all out.

Yang is the “unknown” to watch. Talk about “very interesting”, this MATH guy is, in his own words: “not right, not left ... but forward.” He and Sanders draw seriously substantial crossover votes from former Trump supporters. No other Dem’s come close to that dynamic. Trump himself has said he is only “worried about some unknown entering the race” ... that would be Mr. Yang. Smart guy (Yang).

Andrew Yang Knows How To Beat Donald Trump
https://www.forbes.com/sites/kevinkr...ald-trump/amp/

No, I haven’t joined the Yang Gang (yet). But he’s got my attention with the way he focuses on solutions to modern day issues rather than ideology.
He is certainly that guy. I had a certain amount of respect for him until his plan to give $1000 a month to 10 families.......pure pandering at it's worst.

And Sanders seems to have digressed a bit since 2016...more of of 'mad old man'....not that he shouldn't be the way he got played by the DNC.....

Old 09-17-2019, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody01 View Post
He is certainly that guy. I had a certain amount of respect for him until his plan to give $1000 a month to 10 families.......pure pandering at it's worst.

And Sanders seems to have digressed a bit since 2016...more of of 'mad old man'....not that he shouldn't be the way he got played by the DNC.....
I didn’t like his “stunt” either. But apparently it’s working for him as intended. And there isn’t / never has been a candidate whose every move I approved of ... so ... still watching this guy ... avidly.

Bernie’s been a “mad old man” since he was a young man, lol ... seriously. Hasn’t changed a bit in all these years. Most consistent politician in the history of the world perhaps.

Old 09-17-2019, 08:36 PM

8,343 posts, read 6,435,284 times
Warren scares me the most because the media loves her, If she is the candidate there will be glowing story after glowing story, free advertising. Biden isn't nasty enough, Democrats don't want him.

Old 09-17-2019, 09:32 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,540,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screenwriter70 View Post
There's no comparing America with any country in Europe or anywhere else. It's just too different.

If Trump wins again, I'm outta here. Seriously. I can't take 4 more years of that circus.
What if your fiancé doesn’t want to leave ?

Old 09-18-2019, 09:16 AM

Speaking of Kamala and Yang, as of yesterday the latest California poll shows Yang has leapfrogged Harris and is now polling twice as high, at 7%, in California as his average across all other states. Meanwhile Bernie is tied neck and neck with Biden in our Golden State. Warren close behind. Then Yang (!)

Quote:
Senator Kamala Harris is in trouble in her home state. If she is unable to gain momentum in Iowa or New Hampshire, come Super Tuesday she might have a similar fate to Sen. Marco Rubio in 2016, when he was unable to win his home state of Florida and dropped out of the race," said Emerson Polling Director Spencer Kimball.
https://www.sfgate.com/politics/arti...0-14447245.php
For you far right folks, here’s another confirmation link from Breitbart:
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...rs-ties-biden/

Old 09-18-2019, 09:38 AM

3,260 posts, read 6,762,145 times
I am far from being a Demo but I have to admit this Yang guy is rather intriguing. A lot more so then the others.

Old 09-18-2019, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcisive View Post
I am far from being a Demo but I have to admit this Yang guy is rather intriguing. A lot more so then the others.
When he says: our campaign isn’t right, or left, it’s forward” ... he sets himself apart from every other candidate of both major parties. When he doesn’t trash capitalism, but says: “human-centered capitalism” is the way forward, he sets himself apart from the far left without alienating them. When he points out that automation is reducing jobs and payscale, not illegals, he sets himself apart from the right but leaves them a demon to blame.

Etc.

I didn’t like his giveaway campaign stunt. But he just hauled in almost ½ million voters to his data base with that move that is costing his campaign $1.2 mil. For contrast: Tom Steyer has recently spent 4x that on Facebook ads to gain 125,000 names, ¼ the haul for 4x the cost.

When Yang wears his MATH hat (Make America Think Harder), he puts his money where his mouth is.

Smart strategist.

We’ll see how well he fleshes out more details. I suspect this guy’s in for the long haul. After what they did to Bernie in 2016, the DNC high mucky-mucks are going to have a harder time squelching Yang if he keeps gaining.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies