Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2019, 10:24 PM

3,617 posts, read 1,822,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
I never imagined that I'd be "smoking" from an electrical device that resembles a light sabre, but here I am.

Some of those mechanical mods and regulated mods that look a lot like light sabers are actually pretty bad ass looking in my opinion. I remember a few years ago when they came out with both a Star wars and a Transformers styled mods, with blinking and strobing LEDs which were truly eye catching, I was fascinated with the builds. But some of the light sabre mods fascinated me most.

As for me, I prefer the 3 and 4 cell Wismec, the 2 cell Siegeli and even the 2 cell mods that use dual 26650s instead of the dual 18650s because they feel more in line with my offset round magazine fired semi-automatics vs my inline magazines which are way thinner. It is that wide girth that has caused me to stick with my Beretta 92 and Beretta 9000 series pistols. As big as my hands are I prefer the wide body frame of a good mod... but everyone has their favorites for their own reasons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2019, 11:02 PM

20,664 posts, read 4,433,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
The manufacturers of vapes have been very good at suggesting that the 'deaths' and illnesses are all related to the 'illegal' vapes....but that's not necessarily FACT.......

There is no common factor YET but some theories. Just remember to not fall victim to the 'rumors' the manufacturers will put out there to justify selling their product.
There is a common factor if you listen to some of those news interviews. Many of those that are having problems have similar stories. They talk about "vaping all day long".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickchick View Post
Smoke free isn't everywhere. You might have it indoors but you will still have to experience it outdoors. I wish more would vape. It'd be a lot safer.
If people would respect the the people around them, then it shouldn't be a problem outside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
I vape all day, seriously all day unless I am somewhere that doesn't allow it.
How's that any better than smoking regular cigarettes? Isn't the vaping supposed to help you quit,
or smoke less?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
In theory, vaping should be much safer and healthier than smoking.......inhaling a combusting substance is not advisable.
From what I'm seen and heard, it's possible. But how is going from being a pack a day cigarette smoker to vaping all day healthier? Which from what I've seen is about 2-3 packs a day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Vaping in smaller quantities has not be proven to be harmful...
That may be true. But these reports are telling about these vapers vaping all day.

Old 09-13-2019, 11:16 PM

8,278 posts, read 6,276,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
Many people smoke for years without ever getting sick. There are centenarians that have smoked for most of their lives. does that mean that cigarette smoke is harmless?
34M Americans currently smoke. There are 480,000 annual smoking related deaths.

10M Americans vaped in the last month, there have been 6 vaping related deaths in around a decade, 0.6 deaths annually,

It's the order of scale that's so stark.

No one is saying vaping doesn't have risk, but so does living in an urban area with road pollution.

Old 09-14-2019, 01:01 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk4042C View Post
There is a common factor if you listen to some of those news interviews. Many of those that are having problems have similar stories. They talk about "vaping all day long".

If people would respect the the people around them, then it shouldn't be a problem outside.

How's that any better than smoking regular cigarettes? Isn't the vaping supposed to help you quit,
or smoke less?

From what I'm seen and heard, it's possible. But how is going from being a pack a day cigarette smoker to vaping all day healthier? Which from what I've seen is about 2-3 packs a day.

That may be true. But these reports are telling about these vapers vaping all day.
The problem with vaping and Ecigs is the vegetable glycerin, when you constantly inhale that into your lungs, fatty deposits start to grow inside your lungs.

Ive heard from a few tobacco regional reps that the whole idea behind Ecigs was to attract the next generation of 'tobacco users' (tobacco in some form or another), if you look at some of the popular brands of Ecigs on the market, many are owned by cigarette companies, RJ Reynolds, Phillip MOrris, they all have their own Ecigs.

Old 09-14-2019, 01:55 AM

8,278 posts, read 6,276,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
The problem with vaping and Ecigs is the vegetable glycerin, when you constantly inhale that into your lungs, fatty deposits start to grow inside your lungs.
Really?

How's that work?

Glycerine isn't a fat, you have no fat cells in lung tissue (or shouldn't, unless there's a tumor, which is a more significant issue, pro tip don't vape while suffering lung cancer), because fat cells don't permit oxygen transfer, it would be counter to organism survival. Fat cells form fatty deposits and have limited disbursion in the body, abdominal cavity and sub cutaneous).

Glycerine is also highly soluble in water, which includes mucus, and can be both expelled in the usual fashion <cough> or I suppose small quantities may enter the circulatory system, if it can transit the lungs cell membranes.

So where does these fatty deposits come from? Because if VG is causing conversion of lung tissue to fat, what does it do to the mucus membranes in your mouth, esophagus, and stomach when you eat it?

Or really is this a myth perpetuated by the ignorant?

Old 09-14-2019, 06:59 AM

15,074 posts, read 10,105,001 times
Quote:
People have died from consuming too much water.

Is the issue the water?

or the idiot person gorging on it?

Last edited by usayit; 09-14-2019 at 07:08 AM..

Old 09-14-2019, 07:02 AM

Quote:
The implied assumption is that the chemical makeup between cigarettes and vaping is similar...which isn't true. Second assumption is that the typical all day vaper was a pack a day cigarette smoker.... which simply isn't knowable with the stats. There are also reports of people going the opposite; from cigarettes to vaping to nothing. A few posters in this very thread indicated that vaping was their path to quitting smoking altogether. No mention of that? or is it too inconvenient for your point?

Part of the issue of discussing this topic is that people are only thinking of a single point of data; 6 people died and it is not completely safe. Meanwhile others are talking into relation to another; 480,000 die from cigarette smoking and vaping is less harmful than cigarettes. How many times has someone in this thread argued that vaping is not completely safe while ignoring that no one on the opposite side of the discussion has made such an argument?

Last edited by usayit; 09-14-2019 at 07:18 AM..

Old 09-14-2019, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Ive heard from a few tobacco regional reps that the whole idea behind Ecigs was to attract the next generation of 'tobacco users' (tobacco in some form or another), if you look at some of the popular brands of Ecigs on the market, many are owned by cigarette companies, RJ Reynolds, Phillip MOrris, they all have their own Ecigs.
Incorrect... the whole idea wasn't to attract the next gen tobacco smokers. Myth perpetuated reps of Big Tobacco...

"2003: What would become the first commercially successful electronic cigarette is created in Beijing, China by Hon Lik, a 52 year old pharmacist, inventor and smoker. He reportedly created the device after his father, also a heavy smoker, dies of lung cancer. (It is not clear the extent to which his was a de novo rederivation of the technology and to what extent he was drawing upon prior art; he failed to cite much prior art in his patent applications.) The company Lik worked for, Golden Dragon Holdings, developed the device and changed its name to Ruyan, which means “like smoke.”"

http://www.casaa.org/historical-time...ic-cigarettes/

It was only recently that cigarette companies started buying equity in the ecig market. Typical buying of influence in a competitive market. The recent move to ban flavored vape excludes mint, menthol, and tobacco flavoring. Why is it those are excluded?

Old 09-14-2019, 07:43 AM

8,104 posts, read 3,961,090 times
As they say, follow the money.
Hunt down the sources of those spreading ecigs are evil and most of them have a vested interest in protecting Big Tobacco.

Old 09-14-2019, 07:59 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times
Quote:

You do realize that vaping was a thing before big tobacco decided to get into the market, right? Long before rj reynolds or phillip morris got involved I was already vaping using a device that was made by a guy in Tampa in his garage. My liquid was made by a guy in California who had an online store. This is before there were even brick and mortar stores anywhere. So please explain how these big tobacco reps suckered these craftsmen into making liquid and devices all over the country long before they got into the game to set them up for more cigarette sales.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies