Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2019, 10:49 AM

14,834 posts, read 7,420,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
The weed ones are what's killing people if they have Vitamin E in it. There are so many counterfeit ones out there and even the ones from the store you don't know what's in them. The regs are way too loose.
Yes, the newer cheaper ones that use cartridges/oil are the issue.

I don't use those.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2019, 11:20 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,450,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Yes, the newer cheaper ones that use cartridges/oil are the issue.

I don't use those.
I used a few of them. Some were better than others but I did think something was up with some and they made my lungs actually hurt. I went back to the old fashioned flower.

Old 09-12-2019, 11:47 AM

6,476 posts, read 4,079,302 times
The problem with Vaping is that basically anyone’s child who isn’t a nerd/religious is doing it. It’s an absolute epidemic to the point where theirs probably more vapes in an average computer class than actual USBs as someone who graduated recently since vaping is seen as safe compared to cigarettes and your run of the mill weed and other drugs. Their is a hell of a lot of kids who are vapor compared to those that did drugs or smoked it’s almost as common as alcohol/underage drinking is maybe even more common. That’s the main issue. Because theirs an air of safety. Kids who would never smoke cigarettes or even do weed are getting into vaping. So instead of stoners being 5-20% of a school it’s more like turning into 40%+. I’ve heard from my younger siblings that they don’t even let kids go to the bathroom anymore. Hence the ban. It’s undoubtedly allowed millions to quit deadly cigarettes the issue is that the average kid who mocked things like stoners etcetera are the ones who are vaping because it’s “safe”.

Old 09-12-2019, 11:55 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,307,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
I think it's the cheaper newer cartridge type vapes that are the problem as they suffer from contaminants sometimes.

The volcano (dry herb vape) came out for vaping weed in 2000 and I've used that for many years with zero problems.
That's interesting, I was wondering how well the dry herb vape worked, I'll have to look into it. I've vaped thc for a few years but I only get it from sources that the dispensary warrants as being 100% CO2 extracted cannabis oil. Additives have always been a concern with cannabis vape cartridges, aside from the safety concerns, additives dilute the THC so you aren't getting what you pay for

Old 09-12-2019, 12:38 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,217,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
The problem with Vaping is that basically anyone’s child who isn’t a nerd/religious is doing it. It’s an absolute epidemic to the point where theirs probably more vapes in an average computer class than actual USBs as someone who graduated recently since vaping is seen as safe compared to cigarettes and your run of the mill weed and other drugs. Their is a hell of a lot of kids who are vapor compared to those that did drugs or smoked it’s almost as common as alcohol/underage drinking is maybe even more common. That’s the main issue. Because theirs an air of safety. Kids who would never smoke cigarettes or even do weed are getting into vaping. So instead of stoners being 5-20% of a school it’s more like turning into 40%+. I’ve heard from my younger siblings that they don’t even let kids go to the bathroom anymore. Hence the ban. It’s undoubtedly allowed millions to quit deadly cigarettes the issue is that the average kid who mocked things like stoners etcetera are the ones who are vaping because it’s “safe”.

I smoked at 13, bought from the local store with no problem even though it was illegal for them to sell to minors. My dad tried to stop me. He grounded me, he made me smoke a whole pack one after the other to make me sick, but I still smoked. I drank in high school. We would pay someone to buy us beer, or hit a parents liquor cabinet, or get a hold of illegal moonshine. I got in trouble for that too, but still drank.

Funny thing is that no one banned cigarettes or alcohol because kids got their hands on it. Ban vapes and I can make a mod, build coils, and make my own liquid. There are directions online anyone can do it. Or kids will go back to good old cigarettes like I did.

Old 09-12-2019, 01:03 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,130,165 times
Quote:
I've never smoked anything my entire life. But when I smell the flavored second-hand vape scent of some of the vape oils, I love the smell of them. Some smell really sweet while others smell like some type of dessert out of a bakery. I can totally understand the attraction kids get from these flavored vape oils. BTW, not sure if I'm accurate in stating its an "oil". Since the smells are in the form of sweets and baked goods, kids must be very attracted to such. Glad they didn't have this vape thing going on when I was a kid. I probably would have gone ahead and tried it. I have an addictive side so I'm sure I would have become very addicted to this.

Old 09-12-2019, 01:10 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,392,439 times
Quote:

ok. so.... what you are saying is, unless you are religious are smart, you are a bad parent. got it.

PS. I agree. If a child is vaping, there are TWO parents that utterly suck and need to understand that they are the problem.

(PS I didn't read past your first sentence.)

Old 09-12-2019, 01:11 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,217,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
I've never smoked anything my entire life. But when I smell the flavored second-hand vape scent of some of the vape oils, I love the smell of them. Some smell really sweet while others smell like some type of dessert out of a bakery. I can totally understand the attraction kids get from these flavored vape oils. BTW, not sure if I'm accurate in stating its an "oil". Since the smells are in the form of sweets and baked goods, kids must be very attracted to such. Glad they didn't have this vape thing going on when I was a kid. I probably would have gone ahead and tried it. I have an addictive side so I'm sure I would have become very addicted to this.
Adults like sweet flavors and baked goods too. If it is really about sweet flavors attracting children, then why is there alcohol in fruit and candy flavors still on the shelves? Why can I buy flavored cigars at the gas station? I even smoked vanilla and cherry flavored cigarettes before I quit.

If flavors were really the issue, then no product for adults that is flavored should be allowed, yet only vape liquid is being targeted. I wonder why?

And the liquid is not an oil, oils should never be vaped.

Old 09-12-2019, 01:14 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,428,259 times
It's become dangerous and deadly.

Old 09-12-2019, 01:15 PM

39,081 posts, read 51,259,863 times
One fourth of high schoolers vape. This is just Darwin's law at work. Most of these kids will turn out bad anyway. Let it be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies