Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2019, 06:04 AM

3,840 posts, read 3,070,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Do not worry.

Trump starting another con job. This time on big Tobacco and their vaping co.

Trump needs more money then ever so they will spend more at his properties and vaping will become a cure for cancer.
Never mind vaping health issues, we need to address TDS first and find a cure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2019, 06:10 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,223,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUMAN View Post
Never mind vaping health issues, we need to address TDS first and find a cure.
Corporations already putting out how they are helping people quit smoking. Next you will see commercials on Trump's favorite channels. Then his resorts and hotels will become a destination for all their sales meeting's and customer dinners.

Trump will make out based on his position again.

Old 09-12-2019, 06:15 AM

45,237 posts, read 26,470,793 times
Why controversial? Sound more like fake outrage or fake concern.

Old 09-12-2019, 07:06 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,307,990 times
Nothing in any of those sources support your claim that vaping is more dangerous than cigarettes, you probably should have read them before you posted them

Old 09-12-2019, 07:46 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,035,206 times
The manufacturers of vapes have been very good at suggesting that the 'deaths' and illnesses are all related to the 'illegal' vapes....but that's not necessarily FACT.......

There is no common factor YET but some theories. Just remember to not fall victim to the 'rumors' the manufacturers will put out there to justify selling their product.

Old 09-12-2019, 07:55 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,336,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
I recently quit smoking cigarettes by switching to vaping.

I started out with a high nicotine blend to assure I won't want to light a cig, and it has worked beyond my belief! I plan to gradually lessen the nicotine ratio to hopefully get to a point of why bother anymore.

There has been media hype lately demonizing vaping, right at the same time I chose to switch, so I'd appreciate anyone's opinion on the matter.

Thanks!
Kudos on trying to give up cigarettes but vaping is a poor way to do it, IMO nicotine replacement products are a better choice,nicotine gum or losenges will be as effective without destroying you lungs =
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGJpGSCBzZ8

Old 09-12-2019, 08:11 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,916,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
You don't understand combustion, unless you consider boiling an egg the same as setting it on fire. Sure batteries fail, just like they do in cell phones. However chances are had that happened, we'd kind of know about it, and it can't happen for too long, because once a battery is on fire, pressing the button to deliver vape isn't going to achieve anything. Further the tank and battery are separate compartments, so sucking on your vape drip tip while the battery is on fire isn't going to expose you much more than just being in its vicinity to battery combustion products. Presuming of course that the user ignores the minor issue that the battery is on FIRE.

No it's not like saying the Patriots by 20, it's like saying the Yankees beat the Lakers by 9 runs.

Nicotine may be addictive, but is no more harmful than caffeine. 99.9% of the issues in smoking are the combustion products, the 0.1% is people with cardiovascular issues which are adversely affected by the increase in heart rate and BP caused by nicotine. An issue also present in your morning cup of leaded Joe.

Nicotine poisoning is an acute issue, it doesn't have a long enough biological half life to cause long term issues and accumulation.
If Nicotine is only addicting, then what exactly in tobacco causes the cancers? Have we figured out what exactly causes the cancers related to tobacco use? I'm not asking for saying you're wrong but clarification.

As for combustible being used for a word in cigarette, that is a just a little bit misleading and that is where the whole thing comes into play. To say eCigs and vape couldn't combust is wrong and a number of cases have happened over the last few years as vape got bigger.
I totally didn't know that people use it for traditional cigarettes. I would agree that we combust that. The question I have, is do we really know what vaping does as a long-term effect simular to the smoking studies. I know it is hard to figure out, but I'm not sure it is fully safe even with the single pods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
A product that people use to stop smoking all together isn't a cash cow...

* Vaping and E-cigs are one of the biggest market interrupters of recent history. There is a huge drop in sales of tobacco products.

* Cigarettes are far more addicting and has evolved to contain more addicting substances over the decades. They are specifically designed to keep customers coming back for a lifetime.

https://truthinitiative.org/research...more-addictive

The cash cow isn't vaping as many people use it as a vehicle to actually quit. Once the user quits there's no more profiting from that individual.

* e-juice manufacturing is a relatively low entry point. It is relatively simple to manufacture and requires little capital to get started. There are many individuals that create their own formulas of e-juice at home. This has resulted in 100s of small operations (I struggle to consider them as businesses) that sell e-juice. Tobacco companies may buy a stake and control the delivery systems but they know they cannot control the consumable portion of vaping.

Cigarettes have been around for decades and the vast majority of the consumable portion of smoking is controlled by a few of the big players of Big tobacco.

* They want to ban flavored vapes.. but not tobacco flavored? Hmmm..????

What we are witnessing here is essentially an industry's early move to buy out its competitors for greater control/influence over the industry that competes with it. This isn't a new strategy in business....
Yeah companies using some ecigs that lasted about 10 years to squash vaping. That is a smart business idea considering the tobacco companies are seeing smaller revenue due to it being known to be cancerous for the last 50 years and lots of limits of where you can smoke in the last 10/20 years. Even if it is a common business model I personally think it is stupid. I mean why make a bad product to sink another?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
It could not be more obvious that you, as a person who knows little to nothing about vaping, feels the need to voice an opinion about a subject you clearly know nothing about. Even if you added all the sales from all the vape brands you mentioned, they don't amount to even 10% of the vape/ecig product market. How embarrassing.
Um that is a harder thing to prove and you know that. The fact is two of the bigger names are owned by Big Tobacco. Though from what I've seen the Juul style bases are becoming

Old 09-12-2019, 08:16 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,916,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
The manufacturers of vapes have been very good at suggesting that the 'deaths' and illnesses are all related to the 'illegal' vapes....but that's not necessarily FACT.......

There is no common factor YET but some theories. Just remember to not fall victim to the 'rumors' the manufacturers will put out there to justify selling their product.
Exactly. I myself wonder if it is not necessarily illegal but cheaper quality ones that try and promote themselves off the back of the Juul design.

Old 09-12-2019, 08:31 AM

934 posts, read 403,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post

And you are telling all this based on what. Some theories, yup.

If there was anything wrong with any of vape businesses, they would have already been closed a long ago. Vaping has NO privileges and NO money of the Big Tobacco.

But vaping is a competition to
- Big Tobacco - need I say why
- Big Pharma - Chantix, Nicorette and similar products

Big Tax is nervous too. More vapers, now that means less smokers. Less smokers - less tobacco tax.

One group of well-overfunded layabouts is nervous too. You will recognize them by the pompous names they give themselves
like American Legacy Foundation - after their big corruption scandal, renamed itself into Truth Initiative. Also Big Tobacco money

Vaping has been attacked from both sides of the political spectrum. Even your First Gold Di...,erm, Lady sent a concerned tweet. Bwahahahahha

In the meantime, Google it

Public Health England maintains vaping is 95% less harmful than smoking

Royal College of Physicians E-cigarettes are not a gateway to smoking

So, excuse me while I vape on, trusting Royal College of Physicians more than your corrupting billionaires ala Bloomberg, your corrupt ex FDA now Pfizer Gottlieb, your Cheeto in Chief and your First Gold...erm, Lady.

I just feel for vape businesses in US. Doing their best to serve their customers and having to face all this
evil.
And all this stupidity.
Disgusting.

Last edited by switchtoecig; 09-12-2019 at 08:48 AM..

Old 09-12-2019, 08:39 AM

78,444 posts, read 60,652,129 times
This whole thing has gotten blown way out of proportion by the media trying to drum up ratings and other nanny types.

Then you don't know *WHAT* some people are smoking but you can bet in includes such things as meth, bath salts and industrial chemicals...all of which kill people frequently when they ingest\huff\inject\smoke or whatever in other ways as well.

At this point, some idiot could vape arsenic and they'd be screaming about how vaping claimed yet another victim.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies