Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2019, 03:36 AM

3,617 posts, read 1,823,349 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Will you be serious? So the battery isn't combustible? Vape isn't a singular device though the Juul design is becoming a common design, even Blu which was the first of the major modern eCigs switch to a comparable design to the Juul. Some batteries blow for the same reason a cell phone or other batteries do, overheating. So vape do combust.

Vape may not be tobacco but that point is splitting hairs and you know it. Claiming it is only nicotine is like saying the Patriots only beat the Steelers by 20... Nicotine is the addictive part of tobacco, even if it is used for ways to stop smoking.

We cannot say what was in the vape of these dying vapers. We may quite frankly never know a link. My best guess: cheap product, fakes or they added something that was dangerous... It is just as possible that vaping too much as a teenager could cause nicotine poisoning. We just don't know.

I laugh at this notion that Bug Tobacco is going to crush vape. It is actually quite the contrary.. Big tobacco has moved into vape due to the declining cigarette market. Blu is owned by Imperial Brands, the fourth largest tobacco company today. Vuse is RJR's version. July is owned by Altaria, the former Phillip Morris. You are fooling yourself if you think Big Tobacco are spreading this to end vape. Why kill the cash cow?

It could not be more obvious that you, as a person who knows little to nothing about vaping, feels the need to voice an opinion about a subject you clearly know nothing about. Even if you added all the sales from all the vape brands you mentioned, they don't amount to even 10% of the vape/ecig product market. How embarrassing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2019, 03:55 AM

8,278 posts, read 6,279,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
"It’s also possible for chemists to create tocopherols without using plant matter. It’s commonly synthesized in three steps, using toxic petroleum-derived precursor chemicals—most significantly trimethylhydroquinone.

Hydroquinone is a controversial compound sold in the United States as a topical skin lightening agent. It’s used to get rid of dark spots or discolorations. The European Union has banned hydroquinone because of its potential carcinogenic effects. The FDA has expressed concern over the use of the compound but so far has not limited its sale in the United States. Inhaling residual hydroquinone aerosol from a cheap vitamin E oil would be problematic."

https://www.leafly.com/news/health/v...-oil-explained
Yeah, shoving insoluble substances in a liquid for vaping is kind of asking for trouble. Its like thinking that meat is a nutrient, so grinding it up and injecting it intravenously isn't going to be a health hazard.

Vitamins are great, in the right doses with the right delivery mechanisms. However some are not water soluble, some are lipids, and some are toxic in high doses.

Old 09-12-2019, 04:06 AM

934 posts, read 403,433 times
Basically this is what happened

1. 6 million vapers, in US ppl started vaping in 2009, some maybe before
2. countless regular vape shops all these years, no health problems
3. a month ago or so, the small black market operation started selling some illegal crap that has led to people dying
4. the government is responding by banning legal and safe products used by 6 million or so people

most probable consequence - more black market

Last edited by switchtoecig; 09-12-2019 at 04:24 AM..

Old 09-12-2019, 04:20 AM

934 posts, read 403,433 times
btw
did you know that Scott Gottlieb, ex FDA head honcho, is now on Pfizer board of directors

just sayin

Old 09-12-2019, 04:29 AM

24,649 posts, read 9,472,982 times
If folks want to vape, let them. We live in a world where folks are dumb enough to smoke cancer sticks (cigarettes) around their own kids.

At some point you just have to let the Darwin Awards take over.

Old 09-12-2019, 05:43 AM

20,685 posts, read 4,441,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
Ha, I saw your post where you said vaping is gross, kinda inspired this thread.

It's way better than spewing all that resonating smoke from burning tobacco.

It's a real viable vehicle to get people like me off cigarettes, and I think that's a good thing.

I don't ignore the flip side of the availability of vaping products for young people, but it has got to be way better than Marlboros!

Yeah, real viable. Why not just try nicotine gum?

If not go old school with the user friendly kind.
https://www.oldtimecandy.com/collect...ndy-cigarettes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
I never smoked, but I don't see a problem with it. If it can help you gradually get off of nicotine, that's a good thing.
That's the marketing BS the companies tell these people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Vaping is probably safer than smoking, but still bad for you.
On the outside it may be "safer", but this leads people to smoke more than they would regular cigarettes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
My lungs my choice..
Yeah, but my lungs & nose don't want it. So any place that is "smoke free", also means that it's vape free as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
And yet I have been vaping for over 10 years and no lung problems whereas theses kids were vaping for a few months and are having major lung problems. That alone tells me that they aren't vaping regular PG/VG nicotine and flavoring.
Probably not, but they're smoking more than you are.

Old 09-12-2019, 05:51 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,393,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk4042C View Post

Yeah, real viable. Why not just try nicotine gum?

If not go old school with the user friendly kind.
https://www.oldtimecandy.com/collect...ndy-cigarettes

That's the marketing BS the companies tell these people.

On the outside it may be "safer", but this leads people to smoke more than they would regular cigarettes.

Yeah, but my lungs & nose don't want it. So any place that is "smoke free", also means that it's vape free as well.

Probably not, but they're smoking more than you are.
So, you're against vaping. Ok.

Old 09-12-2019, 05:57 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,223,014 times
Do not worry.

Trump starting another con job. This time on big Tobacco and their vaping co.

Trump needs more money then ever so they will spend more at his properties and vaping will become a cure for cancer.

Old 09-12-2019, 06:03 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,393,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Do not worry.

Trump starting another con job. This time on big Tobacco and their vaping co.

Trump needs more money then ever so they will spend more at his properties and vaping will become a cure for cancer.
Go back to your safe space thread, oh my!

Old 09-12-2019, 06:04 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,223,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
Go back to your safe space thread, oh my!
No need. This one works just fine :
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies