Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2019, 01:35 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,234,149 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
The problem with Vaping is that basically anyone’s child who isn’t a nerd/religious is doing it. It’s an absolute epidemic to the point where theirs probably more vapes in an average computer class than actual USBs as someone who graduated recently since vaping is seen as safe compared to cigarettes and your run of the mill weed and other drugs. Their is a hell of a lot of kids who are vapor compared to those that did drugs or smoked it’s almost as common as alcohol/underage drinking is maybe even more common. That’s the main issue. Because theirs an air of safety. Kids who would never smoke cigarettes or even do weed are getting into vaping. So instead of stoners being 5-20% of a school it’s more like turning into 40%+. I’ve heard from my younger siblings that they don’t even let kids go to the bathroom anymore. Hence the ban. It’s undoubtedly allowed millions to quit deadly cigarettes the issue is that the average kid who mocked things like stoners etcetera are the ones who are vaping because it’s “safe”.
Boy there's a lot in there to unpack, I'm not even sure where to start.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2019, 01:37 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,130,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Psst... sweet tasting (in this case vape) is enjoyed by adults too... Maybe we should start banning hard lemonade, liquor chocolates, and sweet hard liquors as well.
Psst....kids are more prone to being attracted to sweets compared to adults. Adults do enjoy sweets for sure. Who on this forum works at Starbucks? I'm sure they can tell you how many adults on average prefer the sweet drinks over the bitter ones, and how many adults on average prefer the bitter drinks over the sweet drinks. I don't work there, but I will guess 1 out of 4 adults favor the sweet drinks over the bitter ones. In regards to kids, I'll bet 1 out of every 50 kids favor the bitter drinks over the sweet ones.

The point is, a greater number of kids are attracted to sweets compared to the number of adults that are.

Old 09-12-2019, 01:40 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,221,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
Psst....kids are more prone to being attracted to sweets compared to adults. Adults do enjoy sweets for sure. Who on this forum works at Starbucks? I'm sure they can tell you how many adults on average prefer the sweet drinks over the bitter ones, and how many adults on average prefer the bitter drinks over the sweet drinks. I don't work there, but I will guess 1 out of 4 adults favor the sweet drinks over the bitter ones. In regards to kids, I'll bet 1 out of every 50 kids favor the bitter drinks over the sweet ones.

The point is, a greater number of kids are attracted to sweets compared to the number of adults that are.
And yet sweet alcoholic beverages are still allowed. Bars are still allowed to sell sweet mixed drinks. You can get fruit flavored cigars at gas stations. Why are only sweet flavored vape products being targeted?

Old 09-12-2019, 01:56 PM

6,739 posts, read 4,424,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
It's become dangerous and deadly.

Anything you suck into your lungs and breathe in is going to affect you in some way down the road. You just havent shown signs yet, and no one knows if you will or not. Most are young and stupid trying to look cool. Vaping is just a newer tool to get you hooked. Good luck.

Old 09-12-2019, 01:59 PM

15,072 posts, read 10,113,138 times
Quote:

Doubt it... generalizations with assertions that have no backing. All those sweetened alcoholic drinks are profitable because of adults.

Your logic has a clear fallacy as well. The existence of adults liking bitter doesn't negate that they also like sweet.

Old 09-12-2019, 02:03 PM

3,617 posts, read 1,823,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
If Nicotine is only addicting, then what exactly in tobacco causes the cancers? Have we figured out what exactly causes the cancers related to tobacco use? I'm not asking for saying you're wrong but clarification.

As for combustible being used for a word in cigarette, that is a just a little bit misleading and that is where the whole thing comes into play. To say eCigs and vape couldn't combust is wrong and a number of cases have happened over the last few years as vape got bigger.
I totally didn't know that people use it for traditional cigarettes. I would agree that we combust that. The question I have, is do we really know what vaping does as a long-term effect simular to the smoking studies. I know it is hard to figure out, but I'm not sure it is fully safe even with the single pods.

Yeah companies using some ecigs that lasted about 10 years to squash vaping. That is a smart business idea considering the tobacco companies are seeing smaller revenue due to it being known to be cancerous for the last 50 years and lots of limits of where you can smoke in the last 10/20 years. Even if it is a common business model I personally think it is stupid. I mean why make a bad product to sink another?

Um that is a harder thing to prove and you know that. The fact is two of the bigger names are owned by Big Tobacco. Though from what I've seen the Juul style bases are becoming

I've been vaping for more than 10 years. I enjoy vaping. I have literally thousands tied up in mods, atomizers, coils, wire, coil making equipment, coil testers, ohm meters, advanced coil making equipment, batteries, chargers, a lab worth of mixing agents including a ton of PG/VG, nicotine, flavorings, mix software to track my mixes and blends, beakers, test tubes, syringes for precision measuring as well as less accurate syringes for base materials. I stay up on the latest greatest technology of vaping. I know what is selling and what isn't selling. I know what batteries, including specific brands and specific models are good for the various styles of vaping and which brands to avoid because they are rebranded junk. I know how to identify counterfeit batteries, I have quite a bit of battery testing equipment (for those who don't know or don't remember, I am an electrical engineer), and I, unlike you, know the types of mods that sell and which ones to steer newbies away from because of the potential dangers involved with a mech mod in the hands of a newbie or someone who doesn't know exactly what their coils are made from, what they can and cannot use in an unregulated mod and why.

Please stop with the statement you made where you said, "I totally didn't know..." because that was ALL you needed to say.

Old 09-12-2019, 02:05 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,591,467 times
If you ban vaping you have to ban cigarettes.

Old 09-12-2019, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
And yet sweet alcoholic beverages are still allowed. Bars are still allowed to sell sweet mixed drinks. You can get fruit flavored cigars at gas stations. Why are only sweet flavored vape products being targeted?
What sweet alcoholic beverages are there? To me even wine coolers aren't that sweet.

If Starbucks only sold black coffee, the cream and sugar as a condiment to be added, like donut shops did when I was a kid, I'll bet at least 98% of the kids that frequent Starbucks would no longer go there. I live in a big city and if I go to Starbucks before work, it's wall to wall kids in there around 7am getting their sweet drinks on their way to school. And starting at about 4 in the afternoon, the flood of kids hitting up Starbucks for another round of sweet drinks spools up again until the early evening.

Old 09-12-2019, 02:17 PM

I can't even begin to count how many packs of candy cigarettes my siblings and I ate when we were kids. But we never even had the thought of trying the real ones (cigarettes) because there was absolutely nothing sweet about those.

At about that same, we used to stop off at the local donut shop on average once per week. We never got a bitter nasting coffee, only a nice sweet donut and if we had extra money, a hot chocolate.

Last edited by FC76-81; 09-12-2019 at 02:35 PM..

Old 09-12-2019, 02:38 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,221,070 times
Quote:
What sweet alcoholic beverages are there? To me even wine coolers aren't that sweet.

If Starbucks only sold black coffee, the cream and sugar as a condiment to be added, like donut shops did when I was a kid, I'll bet at least 98% of the kids that frequent Starbucks would no longer go there. I live in a big city and if I go to Starbucks before work, it's wall to wall kids in there around 7am getting their sweet drinks on their way to school. And starting at about 4 in the afternoon, the flood of kids hitting up Starbucks for another round of sweet drinks spools up again until the early evening.
I have had vodka that tastes just like jolly ranchers. root beer flavored alcoholic beverages that taste just like root beer. There is even one that tastes like mountain dew.

Yes kids like sweets, but so do adults. Banning adults from using something just because a kid may get their hands on it would mean no more alcohol, no more cigarettes, no more cars, no more guns.

Here's a radical idea. Maybe parents should be responsible for their children instead of punishing other adults because they can't deal with their children. And yes I have children. They all pushed the boundaries and got in trouble for doing so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies