Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2019, 08:55 PM

25,118 posts, read 16,206,328 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
So does caffeine and nicotine.

Most people against marijuana legalization are against it because of social stigma and religious beliefs. There is no other reason to lock people up and ruin people's lives over this plant other than that. I cannot wait until the fundamentalist Christian Right is no longer the dominant cultural and political force in our country and we can just legalize it.
do you by chance have some data, polling, surveys, etc to support these claims?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2019, 09:05 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,409,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
It’s genetically modified to enhance THC levels.
Pugs were genetically modified (through selective breeding) to have fat heads.

Old 09-05-2019, 09:24 PM

2,919 posts, read 3,185,706 times
I'm. Christian and conservative...,I say legalize all drugs.. and regulate them. the war on drugs is a huge joke

Old 09-05-2019, 09:30 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,603,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
I didn't mean you, I just meant it in the generic sense. Sorry if I wasn't clear.

It's not a question of whether I (or anyone) should be responsible. The fact is that under our present system, I as a taxpayer am responsible for picking up the tab for the health problems of drug abusers. As long as I'm paying the bill, I want some control. Simple as that.
I understand where you're coming from, and I'm just stating my "in a perfect world" scenario.

We both know we are going to be stuck paying their bills.

Old 09-05-2019, 09:36 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,354,720 times
Quote:
Under the new plan, cases involving the possession of up to one ounce of cannabis will no longer be prosecuted if that is the primary charge against the defendant. The office will continue to prosecute cases involving marijuana trafficking, cultivation, use in public, or drugged driving.
Five non-crimes here:

1. Possession
2. Trafficking
3. Cultivation
4. Public Use
5. Drugged Driving

They'll only prosecute 4.

I guess that makes the residents of this county 20% free.

Old 09-05-2019, 11:27 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,626,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Opium comes from a plant. Cocaine comes from a plant.
Unlike marijuana, Opium and Cocaine can kill, though.

Old 09-05-2019, 11:54 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,626,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
by chance have some data, polling, surveys, etc to support these claims?
The majority of the rural counties in Oklahoma voted against legalizing medical marijuana. 42 out of 77 counties voted NO. But the yes votes in all 3 metros largely helped in getting legal medical marijuana passed. Many people in the rural counties, who voted against marijuana are highly conservative Christian and frequently opposed to changes and new things that urban counties want, including marijuana.

Old 09-06-2019, 06:01 AM

256 posts, read 140,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
The majority of the rural counties in Oklahoma voted against legalizing medical marijuana. 42 out of 77 counties voted NO. But the yes votes in all 3 metros largely helped in getting legal medical marijuana passed. Many people in the rural counties, who voted against marijuana are highly conservative Christian and frequently opposed to changes and new things that urban counties want, including marijuana.
I have to wonder if this has anything to do with the way the vote went.

https://norml.org/states/item/oklaho...ategory_id=880

According to NORML OK's third largest cash crop is MJ, $309 million. It is not the Christian Right or any other specific group that wants to keep it illegal. It is anyone that can make money with the system the way it is right now. Take a look at Alabama and try to understand why Jeffy wanted to keep weed illegal. If he did not make money on it - he sure has to know folks that do.....

Old 09-06-2019, 06:33 AM

20,099 posts, read 9,006,146 times
change the law, don't interpret it. That's what leads to discrimination. When will these liberals ever learn?

Old 09-06-2019, 07:06 AM

7,293 posts, read 4,093,031 times
Case in point: Kansas.

I'm currently facing a $2K legal bill for quietly smoking in a backyard of a private residence. I was in Manhattan, KS, a couple of weeks ago, on tour with my band. A local cop that was driving by (in the alley) said that he smelled it, and for the next hour and a half, after he found a gram of stash and pipe, he questioned me and my two bandmates. We all refused to claim ownership and he gave us each a $2,500 ticket. And these tickets require us all to appear in court even though we live 1,000 miles away.

I volunteered to accept responsibility for answering to the citation and appearing in court (rather than all three of us), but he refused, insisting that whoever accepts the responsibility had to admit guilt on the spot. Of course we all refused. Two of us have hired local attorneys.

How is this protecting or serving?

Last edited by AguaDulce; 09-06-2019 at 07:20 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies