Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2019, 08:26 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,387,955 times

Advertisements

How dare you!

24,494 posts, read 23,217,857 times
She's being manipulated and controlled and paraded around like she's a trained dog. Sad, really. I think back to the children's crusade in the middle ages, where children were allowed to run off in a very pointless and hopeless spiritual effort to retake the Holy Lands. They were exploited and preyed upon and many ended up being sold into slavery. The lucky ones perished by starvation and drowning in rickety ships that sank.
I see the efforts of the youth being paraded around like this girl and that mean spirited little troll David Hogg and wonder who is behind them, using them and trying to dupe our youth into falling victim for their political and financial schemes. No decent parent would allow their children to be approached by these child predators.

1,676 posts, read 584,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cttransplant85 View Post
Give up your cars and AC and start eating bugs and surrender economically to China and India westerners! While China and India break records for new coal plants opening and nearly double their carbon output every 10 years... don’t worry though in the Paris climate accord China promised to talk about lowering their emissions in 2030. I’m sure the authoritarian communist Chinese will start caring about pollution once they overtake the west economically and militarily after we surrender to them.
This is what is all about. The west was able to develop with cheap coal. Now the west wants to make it illegal so others don't develop. Developing countries will have to pay higher prices for alternatives and renewables. It's the only way for the west to stay on top.

Nothing to do with the climate.

Old 09-23-2019, 08:27 PM

15,696 posts, read 10,490,043 times
https://quillette.com/2019/04/23/sel...hild-activism/

Greta is eleven years old and has gone two months without eating. Her heart rate and blood pressure show clear signs of starvation. She has stopped speaking to anyone but her parents and younger sister, Beata.

After years of depression, eating disorders, and anxiety attacks, she finally receives a medical diagnosis: Asperger’s syndrome, high-functioning autism, and OCD. She also suffers from selective mutism—which explains why she sometimes can’t speak to anyone outside her closest family.

The book Scenes from the Heart (“Scener från Hjärtat,” 2018) recounts these medical difficulties...…[snip]Written by her family—mother, father, Beata and Greta—the story is told in the voice of Greta’s mother
[snip]

an article reference for those interested in greta and why some, including me, think this young girl is being exploited by adults.

Old 09-23-2019, 08:27 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,178,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Who are you guys? You might want to hold onto your shorts for this, but I actually believe that climate change has some man made elements (but not just USA) to it, and I'm also highly supportive of many environmental issues and do what I can in my own personal life to recycle, limit energy use, and conserve resources. I just also happen to be highly offended by the use (abuse) of a child with mental issues as a pawn to set up a situation where a bunch of jerks get to try and squash free speech and opposition by calling people bullies for even daring to push back on this because they are propping up a child as their shield because they are too weak, dumb, stupid, and spineless to fight on their own.
Yeah, I don't believe you. Sorry. If your concerns were really about the climate change you say you believe, you would be a lot less concerned about engaging in the same conspiracy theories and defenses that the deniers put up. You give yourself away.

Old 09-23-2019, 08:30 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,178,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
She's being manipulated and controlled and paraded around like she's a trained dog. Sad, really. I think back to the children's crusade in the middle ages, where children were allowed to run off in a very pointless and hopeless spiritual effort to retake the Holy Lands. They were exploited and preyed upon and many ended up being sold into slavery. The lucky ones perished by starvation and drowning in rickety ships that sank.
I see the efforts of the youth being paraded around like this girl and that mean spirited little troll David Hogg and wonder who is behind them, using them and trying to dupe our youth into falling victim for their political and financial schemes. No decent parent would allow their children to be approached by these child predators.
Or... we have 2 examples of kids who understand that, for most adults, money means more than a future for them. They have a right to be angry. They're surrounded by morons who would rather see them dead instead of rocking the status quo.

Old 09-23-2019, 08:31 PM

4,444 posts, read 1,461,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
On this, it is. Your random weatherman or geologist may not agree, but with people who actually know- climate scientists- there is absolutely a consensus. And even if there wasn't... it still takes a real scumbag to go after kids.
Today, I read a story about DNA, More specifically, how the strands of DNA are bound to each other. From the article:
---
Researchers at Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden, disprove the prevailing theory of how DNA binds itself. It is not, as is generally believed, hydrogen bonds which bind together the two sides of the DNA structure.

But now, researchers from Chalmers University of Technology show that the secret to DNA’s helical structure may be that the molecules have a hydrophobic interior, in an environment consisting mainly of water.
---

This was the consensus among the experts. It was wrong. Which is why the basis of science is skepticism, not consensus. It is questioning the accepted canons. It is always proving prevailing beliefs with specific methodologies and repeatable results. Science is not peer-reviewed, high-five group-think. It has to be questioned and defended continuously.-

Old 09-23-2019, 08:32 PM

12,772 posts, read 8,018,089 times
Quote:
Yeah, I don't believe you. Sorry. If your concerns were really about the climate change you say you believe, you would be a lot less concerned about engaging in the same conspiracy theories and defenses that the deniers put up. You give yourself away.
Please point to quotes from me where I support conspiracy theories.

You know zero about me, zero about being able to be objective, and zero about being able to understand when you are being manipulated.

Old 09-23-2019, 08:32 PM

33,636 posts, read 37,319,454 times
Quote:
No one here is criticizing her position. They're calling her mentally ill, immature, a leftist conspiracy nut, a dumb pawn, etc. No one is talking about the science because, frankly, none of you seem up to the task of it.
Yeah, they sure are a nasty bunch aren't they.

Old 09-23-2019, 08:33 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,387,955 times
Quote:
If she didn't exist, climate change would still be real and it would still currently be caused by humans. Whether anyone thinks she's being used or overly emotional, the facts haven't changed.
Somebody has compiled a long list of doomsday climate changes that never happened. If ice age doesn't come, we should expect boiling oceans. If that doesn't happen, oil will run out. If oil supplies actually grows, floods and earthquakes come our way. The day they changed global warming to climate change to cover just about every base, I knew I am not dealing with science anymore.

Oh, about Greta accusing the rest of the world of hate. That little twerp is oozing with hate.

https://ibb.co/SdcKYjs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies