Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you think about the whistleblower? Something, or nothing?
Just another nothing-burger 114 61.96%
Trump's in deep trouble this time 70 38.04%
Voters: 184. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2019, 12:35 PM

38,645 posts, read 26,393,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
Seeing Swallwell and Schiff give interviews after viewing the document, they looked scared. I think it's a huge nothing burger.
I heard it's all second and third-hand information and the two lawyers representing the Democrats behind it are former Hillary/Schumer interns.

Hey, look! I'm a whistle-blower too!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2019, 12:47 PM

9,324 posts, read 16,671,115 times
Another big investigation going nowhere. All posturing and grandstanding by the Democrats. If they didn't have something to investigate about Trump, it would be obvious that the Democrats have nothing to offer, other than all the freebies paid for by the taxpayers!

Old 09-26-2019, 01:00 PM

56 posts, read 38,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmp61616 View Post
You have to wonder about how people think. Politics is not a football game. There is no "our side" and "their side" - and blind alliance to a "side" shows poor thinking. Why would anybody endlessly defend Trump? He has a long history of misdeeds, from his Obama birther nonsense to the Central Park 5. It is not hard to believe that Trump is incompetent and unfit for office. It is also not hard to believe that he enlisted a foreign country to gather dirt on a political opponent. It is, however, hard to believe that Trump is pure as the driven snow, and has never done anything wrong. It is all a conspiracy by the liberal left. Does that make any sense? I don't say don't approach things with skepticism, but really - Trump is completely innocent of everything, all the time? I don't think so.
Well of course, won't deny that.

But ALL politicians are liars, crooks, thieves.

If they're not that way when they go in, they are when they come out.

Old 09-26-2019, 01:01 PM

2,486 posts, read 825,912 times
The very same people in here, the ones who said Trump was going to jail for collusion and corruption and that he was a Russian spy, are the ones who are now banging their worn-out impeachment drums and making the same wild claims.

First it was QUID PRO QUO! He is a traitor!

Then, even before the transcript was released, the goalposts were moved (sound familiar?). Now, there doesn't need to be quid pro quo for this to be treasonous because He pressured Zelinski by holding back funds.

Then, after the transcript was released and Zelinski himself said emphatically "there was no pressure put on me" and the transcript even states that he said "we will be completely transparent" with regards to investigating Hunter Biden, the goalposts are moved AGAIN!!!

Now it's all about the process. The Whitehouse tried to hide and cover-up.

Whatever happened to Schiff having substantial proof that Trump colluded with Russia? Most people are not this stupid, or at least I've not lost my faith in them.

This is Russia 2.0, a whole bunch of smoke in search of a fire by the Dems. It's all they've got because they've done NOTHING they promised to do in order to win 2018.

2020 is going to be a disaster for them. They know it. The timing is too perfectly timed. They came to the realization that they screwed themselves and this is their last shot at redemption.

All I get from them is a big circle jerk as they burn through our cash for their own personal attempts to subvert the will of the people and to change an election. 3 freakin years of this! Schiff had the audacity to say "the people want us to investigate Trump" which is the polar opposite of what 62% of people actually want. This poll reflects exactly that - WE ARE TIRED OF IT!

Old 09-26-2019, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmp61616 View Post
I agree with George Conway. If it comes to an impeachment vote the GOP will throw Trump under the bus. Think about it. Before Trump, it was a sweet gig. Hillary gets elected and democrats have to do all the heavy lifting on healthcare. The GOP holds endless investigations, and then heads out for t-bone steaks and top shelf booze. Everybody wins, including the American people. Trump becomes President, and the whole thing falls apart. Now the GOP has to have a healthcare plan. They have to get up each day and defend some crazy thing Trump has said. Now their job is a total pain in the rear. See all the GOP retirements? Secretly the majority of the GOP must hate and despise Trump. Given the chance to get rid of him, they will stand up and say "I'm defending America. Guilty!" They want his butt in a sling as bad as the democrats. Once the writing is on the wall, even Trump dead enders will throw in the towel.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...ent/ar-AAHPvoE
A very plausible outcome.

Old 09-26-2019, 01:04 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,464,101 times
I haven't read the report yet myself. But if what is claimed turns out to be true, Trump has broken another law and basically admitted to his actions publicly (although he seems confused as to the legality of his actions, he freely admits doing them).

Let's see how it plays out.

Old 09-26-2019, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
The very same people in here, the ones who said Trump was going to jail for collusion and corruption and that he was a Russian spy, are the ones who are now banging their worn-out impeachment drums and making the same wild claims.

First it was QUID PRO QUO! He is a traitor!

Then, even before the transcript was released, the goalposts were moved (sound familiar?). Now, there doesn't need to be quid pro quo for this to be treasonous because He pressured Zelinski by holding back funds.

Then, after the transcript was released and Zelinski himself said emphatically "there was no pressure put on me" and the transcript even states that he said "we will be completely transparent" with regards to investigating Hunter Biden, the goalposts are moved AGAIN!!!

Now it's all about the process. The Whitehouse tried to hide and cover-up.

Whatever happened to Schiff having substantial proof that Trump colluded with Russia? Most people are not this stupid, or at least I've not lost my faith in them.

This is Russia 2.0, a whole bunch of smoke in search of a fire by the Dems. It's all they've got because they've done NOTHING they promised to do in order to win 2018.

2020 is going to be a disaster for them. They know it. The timing is too perfectly timed. They came to the realization that they screwed themselves and this is their last shot at redemption.
Don't count on it.

No one knows how many GOP quietly hate is guts and want to see him gone. His perpetual $hitstorms have worn them down.

Old 09-26-2019, 01:09 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,591,467 times
Dems crapped their pants when they heard Trump ask about Crowdstrike.

14,834 posts, read 7,418,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
Giant nothing. They went out and found another Christine Ford. Can’t wait to find out who this activist is.
What does that person have to do with it?

The maniac’s own statements on the transcript are clearly improper.

21,430 posts, read 7,464,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
Actually, the initial claims of collusion and corruption have not gone away. This new complaint about leveraging US Federal foreign policy for a short term political gain? ... right on top of everything else he has done.

And Trump admits to what he has done, he freely acknowledged it. Trump did it (the 'Dems' didn't make it up), he admitted it thinking (or perhaps pretending) he did nothing wrong! Ignorance of the law is no excuse, and he has advisors who could have/should have warned him.

This new charge doesn't replace the other charges, it simply adds to them. From the first to the last they are piling up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies