Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2019, 02:13 PM

27,658 posts, read 16,151,349 times

Advertisements

The last President gave em a tinkle down their leg. This one gives em a chubby (surge)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2019, 02:15 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,077,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BELMO45 View Post
There was absolutely nothing bad in this transcript at all so what would they have been hiding?
How can I debate a bad-faith argument like this? The "transcript" was not the full conversation and it was still bad for Trump. And that says nothing about the WB complaint and everything we've learned since then. It's like you guys aren't even paying attention.

Old 09-27-2019, 02:15 PM

22,475 posts, read 12,014,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homeonthelittlemountain View Post
Sadly I believe you’re right. They will believe the opinions on Fox News only....for many, it is their only news source....Carlson, et al. Chris Wallace doesn’t hold any sway.

Republican politicians will march in lock step to Fox News demands. It will be interesting, years from now to see how Trump is under Putin's thumb. But of course, it will be too late. I fear we’ve lost our country and there will be no recovery.
Since you watch Fox, can you tell us all what they are saying? I don't watch any of the Fox pundits.

The irony in your post is thick. You watch biased left-leaning so-called news sources and march lock step to their demands.

Old 09-27-2019, 02:16 PM

38,644 posts, read 26,398,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
Dude, I'm on the left and not even a Trump supporter, but there's nothing really here to impeach him on. A conversation with a world leader isn't an impeachable offense.

I didn't just watch what CNN and other MSM networks said with the cut and pasted out of context text, but I read the actual transcript.

This impeachment mess is going to backfire for the Democrats. With all the stuff going on in the country, they're focusing on this garbage instead of real issues or policies.
Because they can't!

They severed ties with working Americans decades ago in favor of the low-hanging fruit of identity politics.

It was political money in the bank until the Tea Party movement completed its hostile take-over of the Republican Party.

Today, working Americans have something they haven't had since the 1960s, a political home.

Establishment Republicans (Kasich, Romney, Fluke, anyone named Bush) are now out in the cold.

Democrats are even more screwed because they are all-in with the entitlement crowd and that will keep them at odds with anyone that works and pays taxes.

20,955 posts, read 8,685,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Team Blue is convinced that John and Jan Doe working 60 hours a week in Battle Creek so their kid can have braces and they can get a new roof on their house actually care about the Hollywood movie we saw yesterday in front of the committee.

Team Red, an abomination in their own right, don't even have to work to get their votes. The economy for the little people isn't that much worse than 4 years ago. Sure, they're still getting their ass kicked but they've grown to accept that no matter who's in charge.

It's absolutely stunning that Team Blue is running this narrative to the finish line...again.
As one who seems to have little respect for rules of any game, I'd expect that opinion from you.

However, if one takes the view that allowing a few people to butt in line or steal from the Bank needs to be stopped because it is against the interests of those who despise anarchy and lawlessness.

I know it's easy to be cynical, but just consider....even for a moment...that allowing one person to force our entire government to kowtow behind his personal beefs may just not be good for Society.

3,073 posts, read 1,303,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
How can I debate a bad-faith argument like this? The "transcript" was not the full conversation and it was still bad for Trump. And that says nothing about the WB complaint and everything we've learned since then. It's like you guys aren't even paying attention.
Media lies. Every single federal lawyer has confirmed that is 100% the entire conversation. The lies that it’s been doctored or limited are all media bull****

Old 09-27-2019, 02:19 PM

27,658 posts, read 16,151,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BELMO45 View Post
Media lies. Every single federal lawyer has confirmed that is 100% the entire conversation. The lies that it’s been doctored or limited are all media bull****
Some people take the msm at it's word. Imagine that They've been feeding half truths, edited misleading excerpts and omitting facts all week. I've always wondered who in their right mind can't see this.

Old 09-27-2019, 02:21 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,674,713 times
As Trump said, maybe we should go back to how we treated traitors before. Be careful what you wish for agent orange.

Old 09-27-2019, 02:23 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,382,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
I completely agree with this.

Trump has been so successful because no one has been able to tell more lies to such a broad cross section of rural and heartland America so successfully.
Correct.

But do you know why? Does your Team Blue know why? And if you could even figure it out, do you know how to fix it?

No, you don't...on all of these things.

I told this story before but it's worth repeating:

I'm from northeast Ohio. Where the Rust Belt meets the heartland. I've lived in southern California for quite awhile now. I think this gives me the perfect perspective on the matter. Plus the fact I'm not on either team being apolitical.

When I was visiting relatives back home 3 months before the general in 2016 I had to take my sister to the Pittsburgh airport from just east of Cleveland. To and from the airport I decided to take the country route to enjoy the scenery. I was surprised over the political sign ratio. For every Hillary I saw probably 3 Trump. But not only that, and this is important, I saw giant homemade pro-Trump signs outside farms and factories. They weren't stock issue from the campaign like Hillary's signs. This showed me that not only were these folks for Trump but they were passionate about him.

Of course, upon returning to greater L.A. I was closed off from middle American and only had access to the media telling me how great Hillary was and how evil Trump was. Hillary was going to wipe the floor with him.

Uh huh. I knew better.

The problem is, Team Blue, you don't know how to culturally connect with those folks because your persona is one of disdain for them. These people really have nothing to lose as everything has been taken from them already. Believe me, I was there for the collapse of manufacturing.

Again, Team Blue is going to ride their "morals and values" against Trump when the people who decide the WH have already decided that those morals and values aren't what moves them.

Go ahead and try it again. I don't think it's going to work but it's just entertainment to me.

Old 09-27-2019, 02:23 PM

38,644 posts, read 26,398,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
As more evidence of Trump's crimes and abuse of power comes to light, the American people are now looking more favorably in impeachment.

Only a matte rod time before even (the sane) Republicans jump on board.

Never have we had a president who was so brazen in trambling on the rule of law.

Trump crossed the line.

The tide is thankfully turning.

This rogue President needs to be removed.

https://theweek.com/5things/868190/n...ent-increasing

https://www.msnbc.com/all-in/watch/s...ll-70042181649

A new online poll from Politico/Morning Consult shows support for impeachment jumping, with 43% of respondents saying Congress should start impeachment proceedings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies