Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2019, 02:14 PM

3,749 posts, read 1,444,991 times

Advertisements

Bill maher will be lableld IDW if he continues with his stance against woke types.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2019, 02:29 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,256,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
Muslims come from all different kinds of ethnic groups - Indian, Chinese, Vietnamese, Arabs, Iranians, African Americans, and many more, even white. You wouldnt know that if you watch Bill Maher.

How about in this country where in several states you can be fired if you are gay, which puts the same burden and fear in gay people? How many American women die from domestic violence and are sexually assaultede? How about the rampant pedophiles among the catholics, WORLDWIDE? How about Black people in America who get shot by the police with impunity, or have broomstick up their anus, even when they are innocent, and in greater numbers and for far less degree of crime than Whites? What kind of civilized country do YOU live in? What kind of moral authority does any American, leave aside Maher, a Jew, have to lecture to Muslims of other nations, or of other culture and religion?

Muslims don't get stoned in India, in China and in many other countries and yet they are Muslims. Fundamentally Muslims are people, there is diversity in how they practice their religions.

It proves my point, if I have not made it already, that bigots love Maher, because he entertains them.
Just out of curiosity, if someone was born to a mother of Muslim descent and a father of Catholic descent who raised him/her as a Catholic (Catholic school and all), and then in adulthood, he/she became an atheist, would you refer to that person as a Muslim?

Old 09-29-2019, 02:39 PM

15,973 posts, read 7,036,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Just out of curiosity, if someone was born to a mother of Muslim descent and a father of Catholic descent who raised him/her as a Catholic (Catholic school and all), and then in adulthood, he/she became an atheist, would you refer to that person as a Muslim?

I would refer to that person as she or he wants to be referred to.

Old 09-29-2019, 02:50 PM

Quote:
I would refer to that person as she or he wants to be referred to.
But you just called Maher a Jew. He has never referred to himself as a Jew. What would make you think he wants to be referred to as a Jew?

And after you answer to that point, maybe you can answer this one. You said it as if it were a bad thing. “What moral authority does any American, let alone Maher, a Jew....”

Being a Jew costs an individual their moral authority?

Perhaps all this talk of Maher being a bigot is a bit of projection?

Old 09-29-2019, 02:58 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 25 days ago)

29,561 posts, read 16,552,753 times
Quote:
That line is not too thin to ignore. I ignore it all the time. That is entirely what makes words different than actions. I can ignore words, and life goes on.

Does Bill Maher have a different show that I don't know about? Because on the Bill Maher show that I watch, he says many, MANY times that Christians are not as bad. He is constantly making the distinction. He is constantly talking about how Christians aren’t as bad because they have left their barbaric practices in the past. If you really want to make me work, I can go find clips to show you where he says as much.
You see, to not understand my point, so let me say it more clearly.

There are Christian reliigous killings in this nation every day, we dont label them as such because people like you make the above argument.

the dad who beats his gay son to death in Kansas City is no less a religious based murder than the random stranger who throws a gay man from a roof in Tehran. We just dont label it as such here.

Quote:
BTW, telling their flock that God will handle it, is not a bad thing. If anything, it probably keeps people from acting on their feelings. After all, if they take comfort in knowing that God will handle it, why bother hurting anyone?
I never said it was a bad thing, im saying it simply takes a switching of a couple of words for the flock to then believe they are God's soldiers and should carry out his will.

Old 09-29-2019, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post

There are Christian reliigous killings in this nation every day, we dont label them as such because people like you make the above argument.

the dad who beats his gay son to death in Kansas City is no less a religious based murder than the random stranger who throws a gay man from a roof in Tehran. We just dont label it as such here.

I never said it was a bad thing, im saying it simply takes a switching of a couple of words for the flock to then believe they are God's soldiers and should carry out his will.
To the first part of your post: To hear of a dad beating his son to death for being gay in America is not an every day occurrence. It is a rare occurrence. Nor is it condoned by very many people. On the other hand, it is condoned by a majority in many Muslim countries.

And to the second part: Let me know when they start switching those word and when the deeds are carried out. Then we can talk more about it.

Old 09-29-2019, 03:09 PM

2,180 posts, read 640,915 times
Quote:
Muslims come from all different kinds of ethnic groups - Indian, Chinese, Vietnamese, Arabs, Iranians, African Americans, and many more, even white. You wouldnt know that if you watch Bill Maher.

How about in this country where in several states you can be fired if you are gay, which puts the same burden and fear in gay people? How many American women die from domestic violence and are sexually assaultede? How about the rampant pedophiles among the catholics, WORLDWIDE? How about Black people in America who get shot by the police with impunity, or have broomstick up their anus, even when they are innocent, and in greater numbers and for far less degree of crime than Whites? What kind of civilized country do YOU live in? What kind of moral authority does any American, leave aside Maher, a Jew, have to lecture to Muslims of other nations, or of other culture and religion?

Muslims don't get stoned in India, in China and in many other countries and yet they are Muslims. Fundamentally Muslims are people, there is diversity in how they practice their religions.

It proves my point, if I have not made it already, that bigots love Maher, because he entertains them.

You don't get to shill for Islam (OR be a Muslim) and call OTHER PEOPLE bigots. Your religion was literally founded by a mass murdering, racist pedophile warlord who made it all up for fame and fortune.

Also, every society that is Muslim is just awful to live in for minorities. Like, with all most no exception. It's a stupid belief system, and the dumber you are, the more likely you are to believe in it.

So reconcile all that, THEN come back and try to Islamsplain again. But we're about all done buying your apologist crap on that religion in the US and Europe... so sell it to the dumb and poor.

Last edited by CaseyB; 09-29-2019 at 05:36 PM.. Reason: language

Old 09-29-2019, 03:14 PM

2,180 posts, read 640,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post

You can view the fruits of Islam vs. any other religion (Christianity, Hindu, whatever) by seeing what the social outcomes are in those places where the religion is predominant, and the percent of people that adhere to a particular religion.

In 21st Century BRITAIN, a MAJORITY of Muslims want homosexuality CRIMINALIZED. There's also a ton of other "attitude" surveys that show Muslims in the west are very very regressive. And forget about the ones who live in Muslim-majority societies!

That's why "gays for Palestine" need to operate in Tel Aviv.

Now, I understand that things like child marriage, honor killings, anti-homosexuality, etc. also correlates with lack of education. But that just also buttresses the fact that Islam has been anti-science since about 1200AD. Basically all Muslim societies have **** educational system. I think it's because if people actually were smart, they'd stop being Muslim. I mean, really? God spoke to an illiterate goat herder in 7th century Arabia... and gifted him a winged horse that he rode to the moon? Get out of here with that nonsense.

Old 09-29-2019, 03:19 PM

15,973 posts, read 7,036,148 times
Quote:
But you just called Maher a Jew. He has never referred to himself as a Jew. What would make you think he wants to be referred to as a Jew?

And after you answer to that point, maybe you can answer this one. You said it as if it were a bad thing. “What moral authority does any American, let alone Maher, a Jew....”

Being a Jew costs an individual their moral authority?

Perhaps all this talk of Maher being a bigot is a bit of projection?

First of all, yes, I admit I misspoke.

Maher has talked about his Jewish heritage, regardless of whether he is a religious or not. Anyone has a right to his opinion about Muslims.

Old 09-29-2019, 03:21 PM

3,749 posts, read 1,444,991 times
Quote:
First of all, yes, I admit I misspoke.

Maher has talked about his Jewish heritage, regardless of whether he is a religious or not. Anyone has a right to his opinion about Muslims.
Sam Harris who is an atheist critiqued Islam, and when he did that. He was labeled a racist by those who follow the dogma of Intersectionality and woke dogma. Now Sam Harris is part of the intellectual dark web.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies