Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2019, 09:57 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,256,903 times

Advertisements

“New rule, you cant be more offended than the victim.”

He goes on to talk about how Yang did not want the SNL writer to be fired, and how liberals subsequently called Yang a racist. Then some more interesting points on “white shaming”.

I thought he was spot on here. No doubt, some more liberals will go on to disown him for his continued blasphemy.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=T0q2ZR4nBuE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2019, 10:00 AM

7,800 posts, read 4,402,596 times
I don't disagree. I watched him last night. Some liberals need to stop being hypersensitive.

Old 09-28-2019, 10:00 AM

14,834 posts, read 7,416,761 times
As a white liberal I am often embarrassed by the degree to which some white liberals frequently seem to feel the need to express intense outrage on behalf of others.

This outrage culture is not healthy and is fueled by social media and attitudes that are too PC. It’s one reason I don’t do any of the new public forms of social media.

Old 09-28-2019, 10:01 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,537,022 times
Who are 'these liberals' who got Yang fired? I never even heard of the incident itself so obviously I am hanging out with the wrong 'liberals'.

Old 09-28-2019, 10:02 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,384,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
As a white liberal I am often embarrassed by the degree to which some white liberals frequently seem to feel the need to express intense outrage on behalf of others.

This outrage culture is not healthy and is fueled by social media and attitudes that are too PC.
They do so because they feel they are superior to these people who they perceive as needing help and they get moral satisfaction from virtue signaling.

Old 09-28-2019, 10:11 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,256,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Who are 'these liberals' who got Yang fired? I never even heard of the incident itself so obviously I am hanging out with the wrong 'liberals'.
Nobody “got Yang fired”. Shane Gillis got fired from SNL. Yang made the horrible mistake of saying that he shouldn't have been. And internet liberals attacked him for making that statement. Personally, I think it is more with the young liberals who’s entire universe exists on their iPhone.

Old 09-28-2019, 10:14 AM

34,235 posts, read 18,590,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Nobody “got Yang fired”. Shane Gillis got fired from SNL. Yang made the horrible mistake of saying that he shouldn't have been. And internet liberals attacked him for making that statement. Personally, I think it is more with the young liberals who’s entire universe exists on their iPhone.
SNL does not realize that they are no longer "edgy". They are a one side Democrat ESTABLISHMENT megaphone quite different from the original SNL and even some latter iterations of the show. They would be much more popular if they dinged both sides, and had some NON PC, NON SJW, NON WOKE cast members and content.

Old 09-28-2019, 10:24 AM

14,834 posts, read 7,416,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
SNL does not realize that they are no longer "edgy". They are a one side Democrat ESTABLISHMENT megaphone quite different from the original SNL and even some latter iterations of the show. They would be much more popular if they dinged both sides, and had some NON PC, NON SJW, NON WOKE cast members and content.
SNL generally parodies whoever the president is. They certainly did a number of sketches on Obama. It’s really undeniable though that Trump provides a LOT more material for them.

Old 09-28-2019, 10:25 AM

8,697 posts, read 11,086,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
I agree, it is hard to be very funny without pushing the boundaries . Ill laugh at any quality skit on any side of political fence or racial commentary

Old 09-28-2019, 10:29 AM

4,627 posts, read 3,397,342 times
I am a moderate/centrist liberal and Bill is usually very funny and good on these "cultural matters" and last night was no exception.

As I've posted before, an all time classic of his New Rules was his "Martyrs Without a Cause" clip from a few years ago. It is his take down of the outrage culture on both the right and left. It is hilarious and spot on.

It is about a 5 minute clip. First half directed at the right and the second half at the left. Love the line directed at the PC Yale students: "If it is a micro-aggression shouldn't it just make you micro-angry?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luhSVN5mgNY
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies