Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2019, 06:18 AM

62,974 posts, read 29,170,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
Good thread starter. The very reason that President Trump ran for office was that he was sick and tired of politicians continuing to let Americans down. It's the same sentiment that's been shared by so many Americans, as we are tired of what Washington has done to the average law-abiding, hard-working person, as well as those in serious need. Career politicians have let us down too often, and that defeats the purpose of having a government at all. Too often, average politicians care more about their donors than their constituents. They have not fulfilled campaign promises. That's why it has taken an outsider to step in the way Trump has. He's been a doer.

When our President gets attacked, then yes, the American people who he represents get attacked, as well.
You're right and what is despicable is their unwarranted nasty labels they put on us such as racists, xenophobes, Nazi's, deplorables, etc. Most of us are none of those things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2019, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
When you see or hear Trump you are witnessing a modern day Hitler.

How is it that anyone can believe Trump who is documented for more than 12,000 lies since elected? Trump will tell anyone what they want to hear for his own purposes. The only thing Trump has delivered is a huge tax cut for the rich and corporations and he is paying for it via your tax dollars.

Trump is insane. No question about it. Trump wants a moat filled with alligators and snakes. Trump sent staff members out to get cost estimates on the project. Trump wants to shot immigrants in the legs to slow them down. Trump purposed stopping hurricanes with nuclear bombs. Trump wants to put the homeless in internment camps. Etc. If you agree then you must be as crazy as Trump is.

Trump has trashed our Constitution and spit on our laws. If you support this type of action you are no American.

Trump is to America what Hitler was to Germany.
Still waiting for you to post these supposed 12,000 lies that Trump has told.....crickets! All of your claims have been answered or explained before and most of what you are claiming isn't true anyway. As for Trump's remarks about shooting illegal aliens (not immigrants) in the leg it was about them throwing rocks at the Border Patrol first. You guys are so dishonest that you don't even tell the whole story!

Oh, and now the Nazi claims? Get a grip, will you? Trump hasn't trashed our Constitution so WTH are you talking about? It's the lefty liberals that are trashing our country. For one thing they are coddling illegal immigration law breakers and want them rewarded in every way for doing so. Is that in our Constitution?

Old 10-07-2019, 09:33 AM

73,033 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Remarks by President Trump at Young Black Leadership Summit 2019

MR. WILLIAMS: "Thank you, President Trump. Thank you. Yeah, let me — yeah, this is a little too tall for me. (Applause.)

First of all, I just want to say I love President Donald J. Trump. (Applause.) The media is attacking him. But when they attack him, they are attacking us. (Applause.) Because he is out here fighting for us. And they are harassing you, Mr. President, so they are harassing me. (Applause.)

And I want to say one more thing here. A while back, President Trump said, when he was talking to the black community, “If you vote for me, what do you have to lose?” Because the do-nothing Democrats have done nothing for the black community. 2020 is around the corner and we have a lot to lose now because President Donald J. Trump has done so much for the black community. Thank you, President Trump." (Applause.)

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings...p-summit-2019/
I keep hearing "the Democrats don't do anything for Blacks". As an observer over the past 15 years (it's been 15 years since I started voting), I notice something else. In a general sense, the Republicans are not don't anything for Blacks either. Williams does not speak for me as a Black man. I speak for me as a Black man.

Ask yourself this. How many Black Americans agree with Williams?

"If you vote for me, what do you have to lose?" are the hollow words of someone who has no real plan for the Black American population. The only reason Trump got 8 percent of the Black vote is because many Black Americans stayed home and didn't vote. The only reason unemployment rates have dropped is because they've been dropping since 2012, before Trump even started running. Trump gets no credit for what has been going on since 2012. Trump has done nothing for the Black population. In fact, most people don't. Fighting for us? How. I'm not seeing it.

Old 10-07-2019, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBMorgan View Post
Google 12000 lies and untruths for yourself. It has become a waste of time posting facts for mega redhatters who throw back fake news fake news. DTS.
You expect me to believe some biased source backed by you obvious Trump haters rather than the total truth instead of the spin and lies?

Here's an example. The person who made that claim within his own post said that Trump was for shooting "immigrants" in the leg (first lie it was illegal aliens) and left out the part that these illegals were throwing rocks at the Border Patrol? Just one example of the spin and lies of the liberal left and yet I'm to believe that Trump told 12,000 lies?

Old 10-07-2019, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Democrats stick blacks in the ghettos, let their communities rot, do not create jobs for blacks, let drugs pour in over the border.. kicked the man out of the house when the woman gets on welfare breaking up the family unit.. This is what the democrats have done.
Blacks are more likely to live in the ghetto than anyone else regardless of who is in charge. Republican-ran Tulsa and Oklahoma City. Where do alot of Blacks in those cities live? In the ghetto. Same goes for Democrat-ran Milwaukee. Blacks have been in the ghettos for years. Ghettos were around because alot of people just didn't want Blacks around. As soon as civil rights legislation made housing discrimination illegal, and more Blacks started entering the middle class (no thanks to Barry Goldwater), only then did more Blacks start leaving the ghettos.

Neither party creates jobs. People create jobs. And given that Blacks are often last hired and first fired, and are more likely to be discriminated against when it comes to employment opportunities, that plays a role. I notice the GOP rarely talks about job discrimination against Blacks. Black single parent homes have been on the rise since the 1950s. Men have been leaving the homes since the 1950s and 60s, before the "welfare state" began. It's a choice for choose welfare over having a man. Blacks have been leading the nation in divorce rates and OOW births since the 30s and 40s.

You just want Republicans in office. This isn't about "what's best for Blacks".

Old 10-07-2019, 09:54 AM

20,872 posts, read 9,550,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
When our President gets attacked, then yes, the American people who he represents get attacked, as well.
Now that's a joke. When Obama was president it's curious the right-wingers didn't feel the same way.

Old 10-07-2019, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
Now that's a joke. When Obama was president it's curious the right-wingers didn't feel the same way.
Who are said persons really referring to when they say "attack the President, you're attacking Americans"? Which "Americans" are said individuals talking about?

Old 10-07-2019, 10:00 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,042,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlongTheI-5 View Post
Hitler actually fought for Germany when he was young. Trump was too chicken.
Trump's new add "a tough guy".

A filter-less narcissistic man child is more like it. That's what passes for "tough" these days. What used to be called "being a lout" is now what passes for being masculine.

Old 10-07-2019, 10:03 AM

20,872 posts, read 9,550,882 times
If somebody verbally attacks the CEO of General Motors, are they attacking all of General Motors and every employee of that company?

No.

If somebody verbally attacks the father of the family next door, are they attacking the entire family including the wife and the kids?

No.

And so on. An attack on an individual is just that - an attack on an individual.

Old 10-07-2019, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by okcthunder1945 View Post
Last time I checked blacks are free to move to where ever they want thanks to liberals. Those conservatives were awfully picky about where blacks could live....

Have you been out to rural American lately? It's like stepping into an opioid filled time machine into the past. Sad.
As much as I understand that liberals don't have all of the answers for Black Americans, I'll give them this. Liberals were more likely to be in favor of Blacks having civil rights than anyone else.

One must understand what "conservative" is. "Conservative" meaning "to conserve". What is being conserved? The status quo at the time is what is being conserved. In the 50s and 60s, conservatives were about conserving the racial status quo. Conservatives wanted to keep segregation and keep Blacks at a distance.

The John Birch Society was founded in 1958 as a far-right advocacy group. It was anti-communist. However, guess what it called the Civil Rights movement? Communism. It was against the civil rights movement. It was the conservatives from both parties who were against civil rights. The conservative of the 1960s was no friend of the Black man.

As a side note, it's not just rural America being infested with drugs. Look at cities like Dayton,OH;Portland,OR;Tulsa,OK;Albuquerque,NM,etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies