Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2019, 09:12 AM

3,307 posts, read 1,219,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Why don't you ask those that are advocating for the removal of our flag so as to not offend foreigners? IMO, that's the way it is in today's PC world. When I said abortion on demand I wasn't referring to back alley ones. I meant that anyone who wants one can get one as it's legal. Sorry, but I'm pro-life. IMO, a traditional marriage should be for a male and female not the same sex. A civil union to protect their assets is fine with me. No, it's not just about religious symbols from state grounds. However, no one complained about them before until this new PC agenda started which is mostly based on what foreigners want. Even our businesses are doing so at Christmas and you're supposed say and read signs that say "Happy Holidays" instead of Merry Christmas so as to not offend foreigners who aren't Christians.

I said that all wasn't good back in my early days but overall they were a lot better than the society we have today. It was wrong to discriminate against blacks of course. You don't think it's a clash in our society to see women wearing Burkas, just for one example? Of course it wouldn't want immigrants with a Nazi attitude either.

Where did I say that I don't like any positive contributions by immigrants? I just see more negatives than positives. I doubt that third worlders will ever evolve unless their governments change and I don't see that happening if at any point in time. I see "immigrants" as Americans when they stop flaunting their native cultures and speaking their native tongues in public. Blend in don't stand out! We need to stop importing so many from one ethnic group and make sure that they won't be the poor and dependent who won't contribute to our society but rather be a burden otherwise they will always remain "third world".

As for our culture, have we ever been known as a Hispanic, Asian or Muslim country in identity in the past? We are fast becoming so in certain areas of our country though that never was before. We are hearing more and more foreign languages from third worlders being spoken in public. That's not assimilation to me. I don't like feeling like I'm living in a foreign country everywhere I go. Is that too much to ask? Our language is English.
Did I just see a Merry Christmas rant. Oh man, stop it with this nonsense. Provide links and stories to back up some of your assertions. You have provided nothing. Please provide these Fox News and Breitbart stories so I can post the real story, not the over the top conjecture.

Please tell me what you consider culture. Would you include say our writing, our advancements in science, mathematics, etc. ? What traditions do you think are common to us all, except for recognizing inalienable rights as noted in the constitution. I don't know, I don't see many women wearing burkas. I also live right down the street from a large mosque.

By the way those religious symbols put up on state grounds were largely during the red scare, to combat the Soviet way of thinking. There is a clear separation of Church and State in this country, that needs to be upheld. I repeat the founders did not want a STATE RELIGION. We are a secular country, that recognizes the rights of the people to practice their own religion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2019, 10:49 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,876,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aileesic View Post
I say let's give people like yourself what you want. Let's try for the ethno-state. Instead of states with the top major cities, let's do the experiment on places like Nebraska, Oklahoma, Kansas, and Wisconsin. Maybe even throw in some southern states like Kentucky, Tennessee, and Arkansas, too. Would be much easier for the trial. Then at the end of about five years let's see the difference between those states and the rest of racially and culturally divided America.
I don't think single ethnic states is what he's advocating and it's not want I'm advocating either. Instead, just immigration policies that reflects the long standing population makeup like the policies did until they were purposely changed a few decades back.

We don't need to run the experiment. The whole world has been running that experiment for centuries and millennium of what is the result of different peoples living separately, independently. Latin America and America has been that experiment basically for 500 years, Europe and the middle east for millennium etc.

Old 11-17-2019, 10:58 AM

13,561 posts, read 10,359,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frihed89 View Post
No, the unstated implication of the study is that diversity is viewed as unappealing. Racism is too strong a word.
Well, there is a strong connection and association with it, like it or not.

Old 11-17-2019, 10:58 AM

62,959 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aileesic View Post
I say let's give people like yourself what you want. Let's try for the ethno-state. Instead of states with the top major cities, let's do the experiment on places like Nebraska, Oklahoma, Kansas, and Wisconsin. Maybe even throw in some southern states like Kentucky, Tennessee, and Arkansas, too. Would be much easier for the trial. Then at the end of about five years let's see the difference between those states and the rest of racially and culturally divided America.
Once again, I have no problem with racial diversity and if having states of our own means not having to listen to foreign languages and cultures shoved in our faces 24/7 then I'm all for it. Yes, I would love to see how it works out in 5 years and I'll bet it wouldn't go the way you think. We would have no culture clashes in our states which would include whites and blacks. Think the others will all be singing "cume by ya"?

Old 11-17-2019, 11:10 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,876,419 times
Quote:
Once again, I have no problem with racial diversity and if having states of our own means not having to listen to foreign languages and cultures shoved in our faces 24/7 then I'm all for it. Yes, I would love to see how it works out in 5 years and I'll bet it wouldn't go the way you think. We would have no culture clashes in our states which would include whites and blacks. Think the others will all be singing "cume by ya"?
The funny thing is if you separated states into only Republicans and Democrats you would end up with demographics and culture of about 1970 America lol.

Old 11-17-2019, 11:10 AM

62,959 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecko_complex24 View Post
Did I just see a Merry Christmas rant. Oh man, stop it with this nonsense. Provide links and stories to back up some of your assertions. You have provided nothing. Please provide these Fox News and Breitbart stories so I can post the real story, not the over the top conjecture.

Please tell me what you consider culture. Would you include say our writing, our advancements in science, mathematics, etc. ? What traditions do you think are common to us all, except for recognizing inalienable rights as noted in the constitution. I don't know, I don't see many women wearing burkas. I also live right down the street from a large mosque.

By the way those religious symbols put up on state grounds were largely during the red scare, to combat the Soviet way of thinking. There is a clear separation of Church and State in this country, that needs to be upheld. I repeat the founders did not want a STATE RELIGION. We are a secular country, that recognizes the rights of the people to practice their own religion.
You can't be serious that Christmas isn't now called "Happy Holidays", can you?

If you don't know the differences between the different cultures then you must have been living in a cave. Science and mathematics have nothing to do with culture. If you don't know what American culture is opposed to Hispanic, Asian, Muslim, etc. then I can't help you.

You're wrong if you don't think that Christian religious symbols haven't been a part of this country for hundreds of years and even on government grounds. "In God we Trust" ring a bell? No one is saying that others don't have a right to practice their religious beliefs here but Christianity is being vilified these days in the ways I have already mentioned including making sure that other religions are included by changing a Christian holiday greeting to a different one.

Old 11-17-2019, 11:15 AM

8,518 posts, read 3,757,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
FORCED diversity is destructive. Organic diversity where people learn to assimilate and be a community is very productive. Look at the U.S. during WWII and a few decades after. People learned to be American, work together and achieve the same goals they all wanted.
What the heck is learning to be "American"?

Old 11-17-2019, 11:29 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,596,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
You cite the Indians' experience as part of a pro-immigration argument? Haven't you got it backwards?
It was in reply to an anti-immigrant rant.

Old 11-17-2019, 11:33 AM

3,354 posts, read 1,184,902 times
Quote:
I say it would turn out just the way I think it would. A perfect world for those who want separation, a perfect world for those who don't. In other words, give everyone what they want and all will be happy.

Old 11-17-2019, 11:39 AM

3,354 posts, read 1,184,902 times
Quote:
Why don't you ask those that are advocating for the removal of our flag so as to not offend foreigners? IMO, that's the way it is in today's PC world. When I said abortion on demand I wasn't referring to back alley ones. I meant that anyone who wants one can get one as it's legal. Sorry, but I'm pro-life. IMO, a traditional marriage should be for a male and female not the same sex. A civil union to protect their assets is fine with me. No, it's not just about religious symbols from state grounds. However, no one complained about them before until this new PC agenda started which is mostly based on what foreigners want. Even our businesses are doing so at Christmas and you're supposed say and read signs that say "Happy Holidays" instead of Merry Christmas so as to not offend foreigners who aren't Christians.

I said that all wasn't good back in my early days but overall they were a lot better than the society we have today. It was wrong to discriminate against blacks of course. You don't think it's a clash in our society to see women wearing Burkas, just for one example? Of course it wouldn't want immigrants with a Nazi attitude either.

Where did I say that I don't like any positive contributions by immigrants? I just see more negatives than positives. I doubt that third worlders will ever evolve unless their governments change and I don't see that happening if at any point in time. I see "immigrants" as Americans when they stop flaunting their native cultures and speaking their native tongues in public. Blend in don't stand out! We need to stop importing so many from one ethnic group and make sure that they won't be the poor and dependent who won't contribute to our society but rather be a burden otherwise they will always remain "third world".

As for our culture, have we ever been known as a Hispanic, Asian or Muslim country in identity in the past? We are fast becoming so in certain areas of our country though that never was before. We are hearing more and more foreign languages from third worlders being spoken in public. That's not assimilation to me. I don't like feeling like I'm living in a foreign country everywhere I go. Is that too much to ask? Our language is English.
I really don't get the ongoing opposition to Asians or Hispanics. They are the main contributors, in a positive sense, to American culture, and their cultures are both valuable assets to white society as a whole.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies