Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2019, 07:33 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,074,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
How so?

Because when they make a ruling it will affect a whole lot more things than HS sports. I would presume any school or sporsts organization that is directly or indirectly accepting taxpayer funding.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2019, 07:35 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,546,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
I already addressed the issue.

"In front of the court" *usually* means before the judge/judges. What this girl did was "in front of the courthouse", as in physically in front of the building. It's not a huge deal, just struck me a lazy journalism (maybe intentionally, maybe not) and led to my initial confusion about what case the SCOTUS was actually hearing.

Except a 'soccer star named Grace' obviously isn't an attorney presenting an argument before the SCOTUS.

Old 10-10-2019, 07:40 AM

19,029 posts, read 14,216,690 times
Ah, more joys of compulsory charity, when the good must support the bad, or be chastised by the Thought Police.

Old 10-10-2019, 07:49 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,392,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Except a 'soccer star named Grace' obviously isn't an attorney presenting an argument before the SCOTUS.
No testimony allowed during SCOTUS cases? Serious question, I've never considered it before.

Old 10-10-2019, 07:50 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,392,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Because when they make a ruling it will affect a whole lot more things than HS sports. I would presume any school or sporsts organization that is directly or indirectly accepting taxpayer funding.
Given the case that is actually being heard, I agree with you.

In fact, their decision might not impact HS sports at all.

Old 10-10-2019, 07:54 AM

2,528 posts, read 1,658,201 times
It's so ridiculous. Yes, you may, in some cases, reduce testosterone levels. But you just cannot change height, bone density and lungs capacity. It's biologically impossible.

41,813 posts, read 51,074,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
There are some girls that play on make football teams but they are not allowed to play baseball. There was a girls baseball team on 60 minutes that is pretty successful playing against boys.

If a female can step onto a football field, baseball filed, basketball court or hockey rink and compete at the same level as the men on the field all the power to her. She would have to be some some extraordinary athlete to do that.

Quote:
I don't understand the girls point from the article.

She's competing against athletes that hold a biological advantage. Granted athletes of the same sex hold advantages but they are not inherent in every single one of them. Athletes that were mediocre as males pose a challenge let alone the trans version of Phelps, Jordan or Nolan Ryan.

If this is not ended it's going to destroy girls/women's sports.

27,581 posts, read 28,687,607 times
More and more people every day are finding out that humans have only 2 sexes - male and female. And holy Mother of Christ, they are not the same or innately equal.

What a revelation!

Old 10-10-2019, 08:40 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,217,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Except for the fact that the court wasn't hearing a case about school sports they were hearing a case about employment protections.

Old 10-10-2019, 08:48 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,830,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Grace is no Greta. She'll get little attention.
I've seen her story a lot and I agree with her. I don't have an issue with trans persons identifying as they please, but I don't think they should be able to participate in gender specific sporting leagues/events and especially not in middle/high school.

My old basketball, volley ball, track, and softball coaches are all my "friends" on social media, along with most of my old teammates from all of the above sports and we are mostly center to center left politically and all of us agree that transwomen/girls (girls who were born boys/male) should not be able to participate in female/girl sporting leagues/events.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfAndrewJackson View Post
I will see, women have it coming. I have zero sympathy.
Why would "women have it coming?" Most women probably agree in theory with Grace. Most of the women I know do. I'm a woman and don't feel that transwomen should participate in women's sports since they are genetically men and have an advantage based on biology. The idea that all women want this to occur is pretty silly of you to believe, especially since it is a girl who is challenging it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies