Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2019, 08:27 PM

73,032 posts, read 62,646,469 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
People in rural or exurban areas have to leave the neighborhood to shop for anything. Sometimes life isn't totally convenient and we need to put in effort to do what we need to do. It isn't an excuse to give up because someone else has it easier. Those who live close to grocery stores have that convenience, some of us don't. It isn't convenient to have to drive miles to a grocery store from a far flung exurb, it isn't convenient in an urban area to have to take the bus to another neighborhood to get to a decent grocery store.
Very rural areas perhaps. But I lived in an exurb and I was hardly more than 1.5 miles from any decent grocery. Fresh produce wasn't hard to find. In fact, a gas station near my parents house sells seasonally grown local stuff.

And in some rural areas, many people grow their own food and raise their own meat. Depends on where you are. In many stretches of Appalachia, the nearest stores(with in an economically feasible driving distance) sell little of anything fresh. Some people who have the a land and the know-how grow their own.

I notice in many cities, public transportation is a joke.

It isn't just the inconvenience. It costs alot of money. Gas isn't cheap. I'm not saying bad decisions aren't being made. I'm saying that people go to what's closest.

Some places are taking steps. In some urban areas, urban farms are a thing and are being tried. If more people knew how to grow their own food, that would put a dent in the problem. Certainly more worthwhile than taking the bus all the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2019, 10:59 PM

3,749 posts, read 1,445,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Black women are one of the most hated groups in this country (both inside the black community and in the larger society) so of course there are issues with depression, low self esteem, healthy lifestyle choices and obesity. Black women in America carry the weight of the black community on their backs like mules and this is the fault of BLACK WOMEN. So the woman in the video should stop pointing the finger at white people and place the blame where it really belongs.
The black American woman also carry the black church financially as well. Them pastors don't become millionaires over night. One of the most shocking things I have read is that black female college debt will surpass white male college debt due to many obtaining advanced degrees.

Old 10-19-2019, 07:39 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,541,100 times
Collectively black women need to become more self focused and practice self love. Black women are generally raised to put EVERYONE before themselves and they are repaid with scapegoating, ridicule and resentment...particularly from within the black community. This thread is the perfect example. OP, you (as a black biracial man) purposely created a thread to bash black women purely for your own enjoyment; your posts reveal your true feelings about black women.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkmarkblue View Post
The black American woman also carry the black church financially as well. Them pastors don't become millionaires over night. One of the most shocking things I have read is that black female college debt will surpass white male college debt due to many obtaining advanced degrees.

Old 10-21-2019, 03:18 PM

4,745 posts, read 5,577,110 times
It's sad that so many black people think whites control every aspect of their lives, all the way down to the food they eat. The irony is that now you are mental slaves, not physical ones.

Old 10-21-2019, 03:20 PM

4,745 posts, read 5,577,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Collectively black women need to become more self focused and practice self love. Black women are generally raised to put EVERYONE before themselves and they are repaid with scapegoating, ridicule and resentment...particularly from within the black community. This thread is the perfect example. OP, you (as a black biracial man) purposely created a thread to bash black women purely for your own enjoyment; your posts reveal your true feelings about black women.
You speak as if black women are angels. Many of them are nasty, rude and angry on top of being obese.

Old 10-21-2019, 03:23 PM

4,661 posts, read 1,955,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post
You speak as if black women are angels. Many of them are nasty, rude and angry on top of being obese.
lets be fair with such a comment. you could make that exact some comment about anyone and everygroup. including i am sure your own. its called being human.

Old 10-21-2019, 03:29 PM

13,262 posts, read 8,034,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Just another example of a black person beating that same old drum. All the white people I know are happy to live and let live, and wish people like her would do the same.

Being poor is not an excuse. There are plenty of healthy foods that are cheaper than fried chicken and macaroni and cheese, which is all I ever see black people eat. It might be more of a southern thing though. We are genetically doomed if our ancestors were big heavy set people, but that has nothing to do with race.
How often do you watch black people eat?

Here is one reason you don't see a lot of black women in gyms. Their hair. Unless they have a natural style, they tend to spend a lot of money on their hair, and they don't want to sweat and get their hair messed up. It's a cultural thing.

Old 10-21-2019, 03:53 PM

19,649 posts, read 12,239,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
How often do you watch black people eat?

Here is one reason you don't see a lot of black women in gyms. Their hair. Unless they have a natural style, they tend to spend a lot of money on their hair, and they don't want to sweat and get their hair messed up. It's a cultural thing.
Sacrifice health for a hairstyle?

Old 10-21-2019, 04:31 PM

3,354 posts, read 1,185,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Sacrifice health for a hairstyle?

Nope. Not really true. That's used mostly as an excuse for not wanting to lose weight.

Old 10-21-2019, 08:47 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,541,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post

Your comment actually validates my point. Thank you.

On a different note, there is a growing movement of black women who are focusing on self love, health and wellness, travel and finance....and just generally living their best lives

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWXw4jcpyLc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8FKJEMSNGQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pOVbgtZq0Y
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies