Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2019, 09:19 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,938,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Because labor unions are extremely weak compared to other countries.

Labor unions democratize society like nothing else does. No unions = no universal health care. Its no coincidence that Social Security and Medicare were implemented at a time of relatively strong union organizing.

The moneyed elite hates labor unions with a passion as it slightly weakens the enormous power of the super rich. But they want it all and nothing for the working class. Their greed is endless. So labor unions must be destroyed and with it any semblance of a public safety net.
Actually, it was the labor unions that solidified employer sponsored HI. Many unions are not too supportive of "Medicare for All".
https://www.griffinbenefits.com/empl...red-healthcare
https://thinkprogress.org/what-union...-2cffd87d7814/

Old 10-18-2019, 09:24 PM

1,503 posts, read 609,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I don't think I'll be taking any tips from someone who believes government lowers cost and the "free market doesn't work for HC".

Of course the government is in the mix. The poly clinic model is simply a better Marxist model than our Marxist hospital model.

The fact that both exist at the same time in history and can be compared, with one being much more cost effective, is something to note.

I'm not endorsing either model. They are both wrong. One is just way way way worse than the other.
I suggest we remove police altogether. Those who can afford it will pay for the police to be there, those who can - would not. Same for firefighters. Same for military. After all, we want a free market, right? I don't see how it's ok to have a free market for HC, and not a free market for the police.

See how great it would be: if you have "police" insurance, then in case a crime against you you'll be covered. If you don't - anyone is ok to rob you, steal from you and kill you. I think it's very good idea. Hail free market!

Oh, and by the way, we also should stop required vaccinations - they are required by govt, and because of that it's bad! It would be so cool to die from some epidemic decease that is spread from those who can't afford HC and is not vaccinated to those who can, but chose not to have any shots since it's a Marxist govt mandate. What a brave new world we will be in!

Last edited by kanonka; 10-18-2019 at 09:33 PM..

Old 10-18-2019, 09:25 PM

8,166 posts, read 3,711,249 times
Quote:
I don't think I'll be taking any tips from someone who believes government lowers cost and the "free market doesn't work for HC".

Of course the government is in the mix. The poly clinic model is simply a better Marxist model than our Marxist hospital model.

The fact that both exist at the same time in history and can be compared, with one being much more cost effective, is something to note.

I'm not endorsing either model. They are both wrong. One is just way way way worse than the other.
The reason free market does not work for HC is that people, for the most part, are averse to dying. So, unless you lack self control, there is no problem, in not to buying the new shiny phone, if you can't afford it, but if you need life saving treatment or surgery you will get it, regardless of the cost.

Btw, to cover seniors priivate insurance would cost several times more than medicare.
Let me know if you have any questions.

Old 10-18-2019, 09:26 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,597,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastriver View Post
Perhaps you post something other than just denials.
Or perhaps you should check your sources before posting?

Old 10-18-2019, 10:03 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,157,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Who cares about cost?

It is morally reprehensible!

Please explain to me the morality of forcing people to pay for your expenses.
Do you think it's moral for people to be forced to pay taxes to pay for police to enforce drug prohibition laws even if they don't agree with it?

Or do you only object to taxpayers funding things that actually help people?

Old 10-18-2019, 10:31 PM

2,495 posts, read 870,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Or perhaps you should check your sources before posting?
My source is factually sound. We're still waiting for yours.

Old 10-19-2019, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastriver View Post
My source is factually sound. We're still waiting for yours.
I'm not the one sourcing the Fraser Institute. You are.

A simple Google, will show you who they are funded by, ( hint Koch Bros ) and how their bias is so obvious, it's like trusting a fox in a hen house.

Again, any thinking person in Canada who is probably MUCH more familiar with years of Fraser Institute studies, would laugh at anyone thinking them a " factually sound " source.

Old 10-19-2019, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Do you think it's moral for people to be forced to pay taxes to pay for police to enforce drug prohibition laws even if they don't agree with it?

Or do you only object to taxpayers funding things that actually help people?
Don't expect a coherent answer. The poster disappears when logical arguments are made.

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...l#post56428836

Old 10-19-2019, 12:45 AM

Quote:
They don't have a "hospital model" to deliver their health care. They use a "polyclinic model". That's his point and he's correct.

He's accurate in saying they are more cost effective...much more. Not nearly perfect, as the government is still in the mix (which automatically means prepare to pay and suffer), but better.
I'm trying to figure out wha this even means?

You go to a clinic, for minor things, you get sent to a hospital for major things. How is this different from most places?

Here in Canada, if I have a minor ailment I'll go to a clinic. If my doctor thinks I need something more involved I'll end up in a hospital.

Either way, I get the appropriate care, at no extra cost to me.

My friends in Europe, don't have much of a different experience. Hospitals are where the big stuff is done...for certain. I can't imagine my Dutch friend having heart surgery in a clinic, although that is where they first suspected issues.

Old 10-19-2019, 05:24 AM

1,705 posts, read 540,076 times
$100 Billion in profit for the Insurance industry each year.
$70 Billion in profit for the drug companies each year.

Spending $1 Billion in lobbying, commercials, disinformation campaigns is chump change... and influences politicians more then your votes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies