Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2019, 09:48 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,117,157 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
You notice this is the new technique of the left? Hillary Clinton proved it with her "Tulsi Gabbard is a Russian agent" garbage.

TRANSLATION: Anyone in America who is against liberalism/progressivism/democrats is a Russian bot/agent. I'm seeing that by the Left all over on this forum now.
Just the stuff you guys post gets folks to think “ah jeez, go get some air or something”..
This whole thread wreaks of some paranoia.

All the problems were created with the help of us, and anyone in power since the war on drugs started. The US, Mexico and other countries further south helped create a monster.

Now it’s all come home..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2019, 06:11 AM

62,970 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Just the stuff you guys post gets folks to think “ah jeez, go get some air or something”..
This whole thread wreaks of some paranoia.

All the problems were created with the help of us, and anyone in power since the war on drugs started. The US, Mexico and other countries further south helped create a monster.

Now it’s all come home..
Typical liberal lefty and ethnocentric response to defend Mexico for creating its own ills.

Old 10-21-2019, 08:10 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,882,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Thank you. We certainly have an issue with illegals coming here. And yes, Mexico is where many of them come from. That isn't the only place. We have people from other countries coming here and overstaying their visas. And there are people from other parts of the Western Hemisphere coming here illegally.

Mexico does not have nukes pointed at us. Mexico isn't trying to drop bombs on America. When I go to bed at night, I don't think "oh man, the Mexican government is going to get us". To me, this is a loony conspiracy theory.
Agreed. They are just a really bad neighbor and we are stuck with them.

Old 10-21-2019, 12:49 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,117,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Typical liberal lefty and ethnocentric response to defend Mexico for creating its own ills.
Not defending the Mexican Government. But not excusing the U.S. either.

Old 10-21-2019, 07:24 PM

567 posts, read 431,684 times
Mexicans have been part of the Southwestern US landscape for hundreds of years. Their history in these lands pre-dates the arrival of the Gringo. Tejas (Texas), California, Nevada, Nuevo Mexico (New Mexico), Colorado, and Arizona are all Spanish named states. Many of our cities, famous landmarks, mountains and mountain ranges, were also named by their ancestors. We share a rich, and at times turbulent history with our southern neighbor, but they're not our enemy.

Old 10-21-2019, 07:30 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,359,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
My #1 issue is female modesty. I totally oppose it. Mexicans do not value female modesty so I love them as a people. In fact Mexican women generally wear sexier clothes than anglo American women do. I see Muslims as our true enemy because they want to fundementally change our culture by installing female modesty and covering up women.
Boy, that sounds awfully creepy of you --- eyeing women like that.

Old 10-21-2019, 08:09 PM

62,970 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelino19 View Post
Mexicans have been part of the Southwestern US landscape for hundreds of years. Their history in these lands pre-dates the arrival of the Gringo. Tejas (Texas), California, Nevada, Nuevo Mexico (New Mexico), Colorado, and Arizona are all Spanish named states. Many of our cities, famous landmarks, mountains and mountain ranges, were also named by their ancestors. We share a rich, and at times turbulent history with our southern neighbor, but they're not our enemy.
Their citizens are our enemy if they come here illegally. One only has a right to be in a country they were born in or naturalized in or were accepted as a legal immigrant in. My ancestry goes back to Germany does that I mean I have to the right to take up residence there without their government's permission even though I was born here? I don't think so!

Old 10-25-2019, 06:45 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,090,187 times
I actually started a thread on this and it got shut down awfully quick: //www.city-data.com/forum/polit...democracy.html

This is what prompted me to start that thread: Mexico is the real threat to our elections, not Russia

Old 10-25-2019, 06:58 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Quote:
Mexico is our true enemy

That's crazy talk.

Old 10-25-2019, 07:56 AM

2,180 posts, read 640,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Love their foods, love their beaches and have very very good loyal mexican friends in my life. They were here in CA before the gringos.

Only 9% of people with Mexican heritage in the US trace their roots back to the SPANISH (turned "Mexican") settlers who were here when the US obtained the territory.

The rest of the 91% of Mexicans that moved here afterwards (and especially the ones STILL IN MEXICO) don't get to base a perpetual claim and "first right" to live in the US because of that. Anymore than we let Spaniards settle in the US without adhering to immigration laws. Despite the fact that THEY were here before the entity known as MEXICO even existed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies