Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2019, 02:45 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,117,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Just curious, but how did you manage to come across "newsthud.com"? Mediabiasfactcheck doesn't even have a rating for it yet. I clicked on the author's link, and it shows a picture of him along with a bio that simply says: "Journalist, researcher, and world champion argument winner."I've traveled the world and won an argument on every continent on the planet." So basically it says nothing.

I then did an image search for his bio picture. Turns out it's a stock photo for a "nerdy guy with glasses", mainly used by on-line eyeglass companies. Here, have a look on this page which is an eyeglass company in the UK. 5th image down. For Guys: How to look stylish in glasses | EyeStyle - Official Blog of SmartBuyGlasses.co.uk

So the author is a fake person.

Another thing about this source. newsthud.com list their Facebook page as this: https://www.facebook.com/NewsThudNews/
But that page no longer exists on Facebook, so apparently they deleted it. You can guess why. But this trustworthy news source of yours just leaves the dead link there expecting their readers not to click on it.

So you are caught red-handed spreading fake news from a propaganda website, most likely Russian.

My question to you is, where did you get this link?
Seriously. This stuff isn't funny. This is our democracy under fire, and you are fanning the flames.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
THAT is too funny. Thanks for looking that up.

Quote:
Thanks. The other main writer for newsthud is one "Author J.C McCallum, Seasoned internet researcher, book worm, and proud conservative." Here's his bio page https://newsthud.com/author/jmccallum/

And here's the shutterstock page where you can buy the picture he used. https://www.shutterstock.com/es/imag...sman-552205105

Seriously, this stuff makes me physically ill. These Trump supporters are now indoctrinated to call every MSM new sources as, "fake news", while their sources are directing them to actual fake news. I really, really want to know where they're getting this stuff.

So, lets just talk about the picture....Does it make what he stated wrong?

And going back to the picture, why would he want to get his butt whipped because he agrees with trump?

People use stock photos all the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2019, 03:28 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,167,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Something I totally don't get and maybe some liberal Democrat can explain this to me. I am such a liberal Democrat but none of my colleagues has a cogent explanation so here goes:
  1. Hunter Biden, to serve on the board of a natural gas company based in Ukraine should have significant expertise in natural gas, Ukraine or both? Right?
  2. And he should be a pretty decent expert to warrant compensation at $600,000 a year while his father is a VP of the U.S., right?
  3. If neither is true, it's certainly possible that there is some influence peddling going on, right?
Now if the U.S., no longer under the control of Hunter Biden's party, wants to investigate this, wouldn't it be natural to ask the government of Ukraine for help? Is there any other way to conduct such an investigation? Or are the people involved immune?

Inquiring minds must wonder. See Hunter Biden Corruption Investigation Starts in Ukraine? Or is he privileged?
It is pretty common to put rich folks on boards and pay them handsomely. I think Hunter Biden has a name, and putting him in a board was probably a political decision. Having him on your board might secure your company an advantage with the US Government, and he probably can pull a few strings from time to time. Board members do not have to have expertise in the industry. But they are usually prominent in business or politics. Being a board member is a great gig if you can get it.

Now, does it look good to have a son of the Vice President on your board? Well, to the Ukranians it probably did. And it was certainly expedient. To us in the US, not so much. Hunter Biden is not known to be an expert in energy, or a truly successful businessman either. So to us it seems unethical.

Old 10-20-2019, 07:58 PM

35,078 posts, read 17,024,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
Now, does it look good to have a son of the Vice President on your board? Well, to the Ukranians it probably did. And it was certainly expedient. To us in the US, not so much. Hunter Biden is not known to be an expert in energy, or a truly successful businessman either. So to us it seems unethical.
Mostly I point it out to show the rank hypocrisy of my Democratic Party. I am an extremist liberal there but ashamed of its hypocrisy.

Old 10-20-2019, 09:46 PM

18,024 posts, read 27,472,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
We'll figure that out after we hire an army of lawyers and spend $40M dollars, just like the Democrats did to Trump with the Mueller fiasco.

By the time the investigation is over, I'm sure we can accuse Biden of obstructing it.
We can start and finish by investigating Joe Biden's big fat mouth, then cram it all down the Blamestream Fakestream Lamestream Mainstream media's throats repeatedly.

Old 10-21-2019, 06:06 AM

57,315 posts, read 26,228,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDann636 View Post
Mick Mulvaney please report to the witness stand.
Let's see if his story stays the same, he already contradicted himself in the press conference and the Chris Wallace interview.

Old 10-21-2019, 06:08 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,389,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Did you even read the PDF you provided? Page 6, first sentence: "Information available as of 29December 2016 was used in the preparation of this product."

So, your own link clearly states this started prior to trump being sworn in.....because they stated a special counsel in May, means nothing....the investigation started prior...
Of course I read it. The dossier wasn't an "investigation" in any official sense. Political opposition research could loosely be called an "investigation", I suppose, if you wanted. It's certainly no "investigation" in the context of law enforcement which is what I was discussing.

Old 10-21-2019, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
I thought it was not started because of trump?

Remember, this is your link hooligan....dated 6 January 2017.....Page 7^^^^^^

Keep moving those goalposts, it won't help.

I said it wasn't an investigation of Trump. Check the tape.

Old 10-21-2019, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Wrong. The Russia collusion hoax set the new standard. You do NOT need "some evidence" prior to starting an investigation.
Another one that thinks there wasn't any evidence to show that Russia was interfering in the 2016 election.

You should tell the NSA and the CIA about it.

Old 10-21-2019, 06:13 AM

46,307 posts, read 27,117,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Keep moving those goalposts, it won't help.

I said it wasn't an investigation of Trump. Check the tape.

There is no goal post being moved. You stated trump was not the investigation, the link that you provided states different....go read your own link....

Old 10-21-2019, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Just curious, but how did you manage to come across "newsthud.com"? Mediabiasfactcheck doesn't even have a rating for it yet. I clicked on the author's link, and it shows a picture of him along with a bio that simply says: "Journalist, researcher, and world champion argument winner."I've traveled the world and won an argument on every continent on the planet." So basically it says nothing.

I then did an image search for his bio picture. Turns out it's a stock photo for a "nerdy guy with glasses", mainly used by on-line eyeglass companies. Here, have a look on this page which is an eyeglass company in the UK. 5th image down. For Guys: How to look stylish in glasses | EyeStyle - Official Blog of SmartBuyGlasses.co.uk

So the author is a fake person.

Another thing about this source. newsthud.com list their Facebook page as this: https://www.facebook.com/NewsThudNews/
But that page no longer exists on Facebook, so apparently they deleted it. You can guess why. But this trustworthy news source of yours just leaves the dead link there expecting their readers not to click on it.

So you are caught red-handed spreading fake news from a propaganda website, most likely Russian.

My question to you is, where did you get this link?
Seriously. This stuff isn't funny. This is our democracy under fire, and you are fanning the flames.
Excellent leg-work!

I'm betting the OP won't answer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies