Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe affirmative action is needed anymore
Yes 2 7.14%
No 26 92.86%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2019, 06:07 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,486,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Oh please. A white guy (or an Asian) has to have near-perfect grades and MCAT scores to get into medical school. At the same time, a black or Latino kid with a 3.6 GPA is practically guaranteed a spot, and he even has a decent chance with a lousy 3.2.
Impossible in states that ban Affirmative Action, as is against the law in those states to use race in admission.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2019, 06:11 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
It's both crazy and sad how angry conservative whites are about affirmative action.

"Those damn black kids, they have it so easy!"

News flash: folks can quit it with these veiled comments and threads, complaining about blacks, Hispanics, and gays...we see right through then. We get it, some of you hate minorities. It's a free country, you can think and feel whatever you want. So own it. Own your hatred and intolerance.

First of all, "Affirmative Action" is an Orwellian euphemism used to make Affirmative Action seem less like what it really is, unearned preferential treatment given to blacks and females.

Females receive Affirmative Action because they are both the voting majority and, as a group, selfish enough to demand it.

Blacks receive Affirmative Action because even after half a century of special advantages they continue to come in dead-ass last.

This consistent underperforming by blacks presents a tremendous threat to the white oppressor narrative that all social justice is predicated upon.

Last edited by momonkey; 10-23-2019 at 07:06 AM..

Old 10-23-2019, 06:21 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,503,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Impossible in states that ban Affirmative Action, as is against the law in those states to use race in admission.
The lib medical schools found out a way to get around that in their desperation to get more blacks in. They've come up with this whole "holistic" nonsense. They come up with experiences more common to blacks, and then say they value that in admissions. It's a back door to race-based admissions preferences.

You see the converse, too, in the higher-scoring groups (as a whole). Didn't Harvard come up with some insulting nonsense that Asian students didn't "fit in"? They were too serious, or didn't smile enough, or something like that? Can you imagine if a university said that were going to reduce the number of blacks because they didn't fit in?

Liberals are the biggest racists around. But they're too arrogant to see it.

Old 10-23-2019, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
First of all, "Affirmative Action" is an Orwellian euphemism used to make what Affirmative Action seem less like what it really is, unearned preferential treatment given to blacks and females.

Females receive Affirmative Action because they are both the voting majority and, as a group, selfish enough to demand it.

Blacks receive Affirmative Action because even after half a century of special advantages they continue to come in dead-ass last.

This consistent underperforming by blacks presents a tremendous threat to the white oppressor narrative that all social justice is predicated upon.
Another threat to liberals is how well Jews perform despite millennia of persecution, slavery, expulsions, and attempted extermination (which was half-way accomplished). It shows that with the right life choices and values, one can overcome the absolute worst prejudice.

Old 10-23-2019, 06:31 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,175,095 times
Quote:
Oh please. A white guy (or an Asian) has to have near-perfect grades and MCAT scores to get into medical school. At the same time, a black or Latino kid with a 3.6 GPA is practically guaranteed a spot, and he even has a decent chance with a lousy 3.2.

The AAMC used to report the acceptance rates, by score and grade, and by race, but they stopped. I imagine there was such an uproar that they were pressured by the liberal med schools not to disclose the degree to which they favor blacks over whites.
I see you trying to move the goal post. Overall, what I said is still correct, Abigail Fisher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Exactly. Texas being one of them, which is why Ms. Fisher lost her case.

Old 10-23-2019, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
So you’re now making up things to dispute the facts posted? Lolol...denial.
So you go back to the old liberal habit of calling people liars who point out the true and unfair impact of liberal policies? All that tells me is you have no way of defending the unfair impact.

It is much easier for blacks and Latinos to get into med school than whites or Asians, even with grades far worse. It's simple fact.

Old 10-23-2019, 06:36 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,175,095 times
Quote:
So you go back to the old liberal habit of calling people liars who point out the true and unfair impact of liberal policies? All that tells me is you have no way of defending the unfair impact.

It is much easier for blacks and Latinos to get into med school than whites or Asians, even with grades far worse. It's simple fact.
Fail since I’m not a liberal.

Dispute the statistics posted about MIT. I’m waiting.

Old 10-23-2019, 06:40 AM

Quote:
I see you trying to move the goal post. Overall, what I said is still correct, Abigail Fisher.

Exactly. Texas being one of them, which is why Ms. Fisher lost her case.
Nope, these lib schools are very sneaky. They found a successful way to work around the ban on AA. I should know. I was in the admissions field when the case deciding the ban was passed, and schools were in a panic. They spent an unbelievable amount of time figuring out a way they could could still favor blacks without being in violation. Hence the birth of the "holistic" approach.

Old 10-23-2019, 06:44 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,709,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallbuilder View Post
Liberals like to get outraged over the fact that a tiny percentage of kids were able to pay their way into elite universities. Funny how they get outraged over that and never the fact that thousands upon thousands of Asians with 800/800 Math scores get denied to colleges while "favored" minority groups can get into MIT with a 550/800. That's the real college admissions scandal, in my opinion. Liberals like to pretend they believe in a meritocratic society, but really they want discimination if it's the "right" kind.

Life is more than just a TEST SCORE.

Soon....artificial intelligence will be able to solve any math problem and regurgitate any factoid. Some of these kids have dedicated their childhood to "studying and preparing for test". I would not consider such people "well rounded". Colleges would do well to consider other factors besides test scores.

I think we need more CREATIVE people, than we need people who can memorize formulas, dates, information, etc and have that measured on a test.

Old 10-23-2019, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Fail since I’m not a liberal.

Dispute the statistics posted about MIT. I’m waiting.
What? You posted something from ONE school? (And the schools themselves are liberal and will find a way to lie with statistics to protect their racist policies.) I'm talking about an aggregate of applicants: black students get accepted over whites who have grades and scores as much as 30% higher, and it's far-reaching. A kid with a lousy 3.2 would be laughed out of the admissions process, and a black kid could very well get an acceptance letter.

( And you sure sound like a leftist to me.)

And finally, did YOU work in the admissions field? Did YOU hear the discussions as to how to get more blacks in without violating the ban of racial preferences? Did YOU hear that there are too many Asians and Jews? Were YOU asked to slice-and-dice statistics in such a way that it would hide the big advantage liberals give to blacks in admissions?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies