Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2019, 10:00 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,943,676 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by heart84 View Post
You said in an earlier post that all vaccines were completely safe including the MMR vaccine. I provided two separate posts in this thread that discredited your claim from the CDC's own website about potentially severe side effects from specific vaccines (including the MMR vaccine). So there's that, but I would also like you to explain why there is a National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program if they (vaccines) are all so thoroughly tested and safe?

Currently this compensation program has paid out approximately $3,884,371,778.86 to petitioners. Wonder why?
I'll answer:

"The legality of the verdict IN NO WAY supports any evidence that the person was actually harmed.

So the fact that money was given doesn't mean that vaccines are bad. Or that anyone was injured in any way. The vaccine wasn't really the cause -- the parents just think it was -- because the proof wasn't necessary to determine the settlement, since the settlement is just a legal thing not based on medical assessment."

err, something like that. /faceplant/

Old 11-04-2019, 10:05 AM

3,372 posts, read 1,565,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
I'll answer:

"The legality of the verdict IN NO WAY supports any evidence that the person was actually harmed.

So the fact that money was given doesn't mean that vaccines are bad. Or that anyone was injured in any way. The vaccine wasn't really the cause -- the parents just think it was -- because the proof wasn't necessary to determine the settlement, since the settlement is just a legal thing not based on medical assessment."

err, something like that. /faceplant/

LOL yes, this will be the scripted response. We all know how much powerful entities like giving out free money just for the hell of it. Hey our product is completely safe and thoroughly tested, but here is $1.5 million for you anyway because we are just that generous!

Old 11-04-2019, 10:05 AM

16,587 posts, read 8,605,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
I am not understanding your correlation of MMR and DTaP. You can certainly get one without getting the other. There is no evidence that the MMR or any vaccine is unsafe.
WT?

Virtually all vaccines and medications can be unsafe to certain individuals. It is always a Risk vs. Reward decision people must make for themselves and their families.

Only today is it common to hear all the possible side effects medications and vaccines can give you because of the advertising requirement to do so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siMPY5FjlaY

I personally know a man who developed cancer and was essentially given a death sentence. His oncologist suggested he stop taking a particular medication to see if that might have been the genesis of the cancer.
Sure enough with a few months he was in total remission and it never came back.
Yet other people take the same drug and never develop cancer.

For those who are familiar with and/or fans of Glenn Frey of the Eagles, he likely died before his time, and it was because he was taking a medication that knocked his immune system to smithereens. Now some might assume it was a needed medication he would have not been able to live without.
WRONG!
He did suffer from rheumatoid arthritis(RA), but that is not going to kill you. However if you were to research his cause of death, RA is listed #1, then colitis and pneumonia.
Technically he died of pneumonia, but they list RA first because if he were not taking a drug to combat it, he likely would not have suffered and eventually succumbed to the other two causes.
Sure he was a musician and played the guitar, so taking a medication helped him to continue his work with less discomfort made sense. However we get back to that pesky "Risk vs. Reward" dichotomy.

So while I believe many vaccines and medications are necessary, every single one can have unsafe side effects on an individual basis.

`

Old 11-04-2019, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Yep! And peer-reviewed "science" that also said Monsanto's Roundup product was completely safe too. And guess who funded that research lol.
And MDs advertising for cigarettes.

The list is endless ....

Bu bu but vaccine research ONLY shows vaccines are SAFE!!! /eyeroll/ Great for anyone who believes that. Go get 200 vaccine shots today! No one is stopping you. Go for it.

Leave the rest of us alone.

Old 11-04-2019, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
WT?
For those who are familiar with and/or fans of Glenn Frey of the Eagles, he likely died before his time, and it was because he was taking a medication that knocked his immune system to smithereens. Now some might assume it was a needed medication he would have not been able to live without.
WRONG!
He did suffer from rheumatoid arthritis(RA), but that is not going to kill you. However if you were to research his cause of death, RA is listed #1, then colitis and pneumonia.
Technically he died of pneumonia, but they list RA first because if he were not taking a drug to combat it, he likely would not have suffered and eventually succumbed to the other two causes.
Sure he was a musician and played the guitar, so taking a medication helped him to continue his work with less discomfort made sense. However we get back to that pesky "Risk vs. Reward" dichotomy.

So while I believe many vaccines and medications are necessary, every single one can have unsafe side effects on an individual basis.
That's really interesting considering the push to increase number of flu and pneumonia deaths to encourage people to get the vaccine.

But it's a catch-22:

If they list his death as pneumonia, they have to list the death as caused by the immunosuppressant drugs. And that's a big no no for the drug manufacturer.

If they list the cause of death as RA, they ADD to the RA stats which will encourage more people to take the RA drugs.

Pneumonia vaccine lost this round.

It's a strange strange world we live in.

Choose the death, choose which drug gets support.

Old 11-04-2019, 10:45 AM

15,860 posts, read 21,438,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastriver View Post
Nope, no mumps shot. I had mumps the disease. Also chicken pox. We're all still here.

My uncle isn't still here. He died in utero when my grandmother developed measles in the last months of her pregnancy.

An uncle on the other side is still here, but with diminished capacity. He developed brain swelling as a result of his measles and wasn't the same afterward. He and his twin developed normally up until that point (they were both 9 and both got measles), but you could see the stark difference between the two after the measles incident.

Old 11-04-2019, 11:11 AM

9,511 posts, read 6,101,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
If you had mumps and chicken pox, you are part of the herd that protects vulnerable individuals that cannot be or have not yet been vaccinated. If you’re immune, you’re part of the herd!
I'm a non-responder to the Measles vaccine & I will never be able to be immune.

I don't want to be in a vaccinated herd, where I can both transmit & be infected by babies too young to be vaccinated that have no maternal antibodies from their vaxxed moms.

Only the mother having had the Measles will allow a baby to benefit from maternal antibodies.

Quote:
Children of mothers vaccinated against measles and, possibly, rubella have lower concentrations of maternal antibodies and lose protection by maternal antibodies at an earlier age than children of mothers in communities that oppose vaccination. This increases the risk of disease transmission in highly vaccinated populations.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4043230/
I prefer the healthier, unvaccinated population as my herd, as should anybody who is a parent to children too young to be vaccinated. Your vaccinated herd is inferior.

Old 11-04-2019, 11:27 AM

14,400 posts, read 14,303,039 times
Quote:
This post is an advertisement for a product [vaccines]. Nothing else.
That statement is a good reason why no one should pay attention to anything you say.

You refer to an article in the official magazine of the AAAS known as Science about the measles vaccine. The article is full of good information for anyone who has an open mind and wants to take the trouble to learn. I thank Kat for calling this to our attention.

FYI, the AAAS has been around since 1848. Its had presidents of its society that have included: John Wesley Powell; Margaret Mead; Charles Pickering; and Stephen Jay Gould. Much more reputable people than some of the crackpots who oppose vaccination.

I know you think you know more than all those people above know together.

Most of us know otherwise.

Old 11-04-2019, 11:28 AM

9,511 posts, read 6,101,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
That is an interesting point and one more pediatricians should emphasize to their patients parents. All vaccines can be given on an individual basis, and many a MD will do so if asked.

The trouble is far too many people want the convenience of getting a bunch of vaccines in one shot or even one MD visit.
Unlike many a sheep, we never allowed multiple vaccines to be given at once, and took the time to come back a handful of times over a certain period.
We also didn't allow new vaccines to be given until there was adequate examples of safety after X amount of people had taken it over X amount of time.
If others want to be the first to try it, more power to them, as my family benefits from seeing if they were fools to be rushing in.
YES.

Unfortunately, doctors who allow delayed schedules are being smeared by pro-vax nonsense; which is only further alienating skeptical parents.

Old 11-04-2019, 11:35 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
You said in an earlier post that all vaccines were completely safe including the MMR vaccine. I provided two separate posts in this thread that discredited your claim from the CDC's own website about potentially severe side effects from specific vaccines (including the MMR vaccine). So there's that, but I would also like you to explain why there is a National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program if they (vaccines) are all so thoroughly tested and safe?

Currently this compensation program has paid out approximately $3,884,371,778.86 to petitioners. Wonder why?
There's a reason you didn't quote me on the bold, and that is because I never said it. You are deliberately telling an untruth about me. Here are my two posts about vaccine safety:

Quote:
ALL vaccines are orders of magnitude safer than the diseases they prevent.
and:

Quote:
Do you understand the definition of "rarely"?
https://dictionary-cambridge-org.cdn...glish%2Frarely
Response to a post about side effects of MMR vaccine.

If you can't represent my position honestly, I am not going to respond.

Quote:
How is that a "problem"?

People can do what they CHOOSE to do ... RIGHT?

Or are you still for mandatory vaccination of the entire population?
It's a problem because the parents intended to get back but never did before their kid caught the diseases. Do you think congenital rubella syndrome is a good thing? That's what can happen if you get rubella when pregnant because you weren't vaccinated as a child. Do you think hearing loss or male sterility from mumps is a good thing? Do you think the complications of measles are good?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies