Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2019, 03:29 PM

62,959 posts, read 29,141,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
All these posts and you still don't know what is going on.

If they cancel the program, which they might, then that is one of the obvious issues they would have.

Trump loyalists.........
I'm not a Trump loyalist so go talk to someone who is. How many times do you have to be told that??????

I don't know what's going on? WTH does that even mean? I don't care what the issues are the DACAs need to be deported as they are here illegally and when they turned 18 1/2 they were responsible for their own status in our country, not their parents anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2019, 03:32 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,594,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
We've had 40 years of "Education" on illegals. Why do you think we want the wall? Holy crap can anyone be this much in denial??? I live right on the border and have to deal with this crap on a daily basis. It has to stop.

If you actually pay taxes you should be FORCED to give extra to cover the costs of illegals. Maybe then you'll educate yourself to the spread sheet called illegal immigration. Only a real mushroom doesn't see what the costs actually are. You are either smoking shrooms or have skin in the game. No actual American wants this flood gate of tax payer rip off.
oh that's funny --- hide and watch what happens over the course of the next 20 - 25 years if the u.s. government stays on course. You'll be packing your bags and looking for some other place to be, but here.

Old 11-13-2019, 03:33 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
No, you made the statement now you back it up! What is Trump doing to encourage illegal immigration?
The "buy, while we have it in stock" ads are working miracles, and Trumps importation numbers are hitting new records all the time.

It's like "Obama, the AR15 salesman of the year" where he'd open his mouth and people would rush to the gun store to buy their 3rd, or 4th AR15 thinking its their last chance, but it was not the last chance. The last chance never came, and the same is true with the border. When they try to do one thing, the opposite happens.

Donald Trump, the illegal alien importer of the decade, or just "importer in chief".

18,562 posts, read 7,372,997 times
Quote:
Please be honest. Correcting your misrepresentations is tiresome. I said income tax, and I meant income tax (Federal + State).
Are you telling us that DACA's pay an average of $15,000 per annum in income tax? You need to make $98,000 to incur a $15,000 income tax liability as a single person.

Your claim is preposterous.

25,116 posts, read 16,215,541 times
Quote:
Many households have both spouses working and when Trump eliminates one, then the survivor would probably require public assistance.
oh come on. it is as easy to find this out as it was for you to have found what you took stats from and I had to link for you.

How many households - # or % - have dual incomes
how many have the dominant spouse not making enough so that they'd qualify for assistance? (this one will be hard!)

how many DACA's have children, and are married?
apply the same questions/data as above

and then - remember how you've told us they're so much better than American workers, in their tax contributions (which you still haven't shown is only income tax receipts).

Old 11-13-2019, 03:36 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,215,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
Are you telling us that DACA's pay an average of $15,000 per annum in income tax? You need to make $98,000 to incur a $15,000 income tax liability as a single person.

as per my post below yous, I've been waiting all afternoon for them to verify that one.

Old 11-13-2019, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
a link to the claims. they certainly appeared to come from 1 source. if it takes multiple links, so be it.
But please -- no pictures of the source.

Old 11-13-2019, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post

I corrected that to $11,250, while average American pays $10,500.

Initially I used an incorrect number of DACAs, which gave me $15K.

The numbers in both cases are Federal + State + Local.

Old 11-13-2019, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
as per my post below yous, I've been waiting all afternoon for them to verify that one.
It was clarified around 10AM Florida time, but its nice you hung around all afternoon.

Old 11-13-2019, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Federal + State/Local, compared to average Americans who pay $10,489 each year in federal, state, and local income taxes. It is a fair comparison. So, the DACAs pay more than average Joe.
Quote:
Each year, DACA recipients also make major fiscal contributions to the economy. According to the CAP analysis of ACS microdata, DACA recipients and their households pay $5.7 billion in federal taxes and $3.1 billion in state and local taxes annually. In addition to this, DACA recipients boost Social Security and Medicare through payroll taxes. DACA recipients and their households hold a combined $24.1 billion in spending power—or income remaining after paying taxes—each year. (see Methodology)
The $5.7 billion figure in the box is for ALL taxes (other than FICA/Medicare taxes), not just income taxes, and that number appears to be exaggerated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies