Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2019, 10:23 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindi Waters View Post
Yes, and another sad thing is that while the economy is said to be up, care and concern for others seems to be down. Yessss, there are caring actions by some, but few are taught the love, caring, and concern necessary for happy family lives. And, as we see, children are neglected and harmed by thoughtless parents. It's pretty easy to have a child. And it's the thing to do with so many who are capable of having children. They just gotta have children.
I can’t think of a single sensational mass shooter who engaged because of economic reasons.

Nothing seems to indicate a lack of love, care and concern.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2019, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
As usual, not getting much nationwide news coverage. If it wasn’t done with an AR15 by a white guy it’s not as newsworthy.
Too funny.

Some believe mass shootings get too much media attention.

Some believe mass shootings do not get enough media attention.

The duration of the shooting, number of victims, age of victims matters.

This was elapsed 13 seconds.

Old 11-17-2019, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindi Waters View Post
I'm figuring if parents look around in their children's rooms, they might have been able to help them. Maybe. But those kids who commit suicide are not well protected or provided for emotionally. I believe parents should be in control at least as to what the children in the household have in their possession. But we know that many parents allow violent video games, drugs and other things. While sad, it's the way things are.
That parents of teens know what’s going on in the lives and head of their teen offspring is an ILLUSION.

It is nearly impossible for a parent to imagine their child would be capable of mass shooting.

Tens of millions of people play violent video games all over the world.

Tens of millions of people engage in recreational drugs.

Most mass shooters are not under the influence. Nor do they have a history of using hard drugs that can cause permanent brain damage with prolonged use.

Old 11-17-2019, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Why do you doubt it? Just by having more people working, the less mischief there is. The more people working the need to steal, to provide, lessons. People do dumb things when their back is to the wall and they have nothing.

Parents depended on each other so they stuck it out. Nowadays they can just leave and have government provide easily. Work 20 hours a week and one can get food stamps. Work 25 hours a week is too much to qualify for the food stamps. The incentive is gone. It happens enough.

Overwhelmingly, able bodied and able minded people should be working instead of being on welfare.
Nothing to do with this or any other sensational mass shooting with high victim counts.

Old 11-17-2019, 10:52 AM

20,757 posts, read 8,579,752 times
I wonder if the kid was taking prescribed mood altering drugs. That seems to be the common denominator in this mass killings.

Old 11-17-2019, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
The only mass shooter in the last 20 years who was possibly schizophrenic was graduate student James Holmes, the Aurora, Colorado movie theater (Batman) shooter. And his parents said they did not know that he was as severely ill as he apparently was.

BTW, Holmes is still alive. As is Jared Loughner, the Tucson (Gabrielle Giffords) shooter, among several others.
Schizophrenia is a spectrum.

Schizophrenia tends to emerge ( symptoms are detected by others) in males during their late teens- early 20’s.
Less obvious symptoms often begin to present with the onset of puberty.

It is extremely challenging to diagnose a teen with a specific form of mental illness, given cognitive and emotional immaturity.

Most who are diagnosed with Schizophrenia are not violent.

Old 11-17-2019, 11:00 AM

29,266 posts, read 16,753,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
Stop the NRA Bash. NRA started out helping black people get guns, then kept the government in line with the 2A. What is so wrong with an inalienable right to bear arms. As many as you want...Only leftys wine about having too many guns..They are tools for different jobs..
And you do know there are more pro 2A groups out there.
No I won't stop the NRA bash, just hearing last night about the family killed by their father in San Diego, 3-4 children, their mother and could be the father killed himself...it was late and I'm sure it will be all over the news today.

The more guns from the NRA, the more family deaths and deaths all over the world.....Sick society.

Old 11-17-2019, 11:02 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Just did, for Austin, and came across this:

https://www.craigslist.org/about/prohibited

Now maybe there is some secret code language about guns but as far as seeing how many ads.....ZILCH!

Even, perhaps, before this notice, there weren't that many. I guess back in 2012, when I had more disposable cash for such, I looked for guns, Uzis, on Craigslist.......and they just weren't there.
Yes, there is ( I figured people knew that), drug dealers have been doing this for years on Craigslist. back in the days I was using, I bought from these guys sometimes and their ads were actually in the tools and hardware section, they word them in a way so users will recognize it (its very simple and effective), it also lets them weed out any 'unwanted' attention, same thing with selling guns this way.

Old 11-17-2019, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
I wonder if the kid was taking prescribed mood altering drugs. That seems to be the common denominator in this mass killings.
While a popular internet theory, it’s not a common denominator.

Old 11-17-2019, 11:14 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,185,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
I believe the gun is the common denominator in these mass shootings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies