Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2019, 09:48 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Most of the mass shooters were not raised in single parent households. Rather death or divorce may have rested in a single parent home. .
Incorrect. We know, for a FACT, that children from single parent homes commit crime at a much higher rate but you're saying they don't commit mass shootings at a much higher rate? I'd like to see your proof of this.

Quote:
Most children raised in single family households do not become sensational mass shooters with high victim counts.
It's not about most or whatever you make up to deflect from the point. It's about the truth. Children from single parent families commit a much higher percentage of crime than those raised by 2 parents. Every single study proves this and not one has said otherwise. Not one.

Quote:
Iceland has the highest incidence of single parent households. The offspring do not trend violent, let alone become mass murderers.
LOL you're comparing Iceland? Iceland?
Read up on Iceland and how they view marriage and get back to us.

Again, one more time in hopes you don't deflect from the truth and stop spreading bad information.

Children raised in single parent families commit a much higher rate of crime because one parent cannot raise a child as well as 2 parents can. And that is backed up by every single study. Everyone.

Last edited by Loveshiscountry; 11-17-2019 at 10:10 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2019, 09:50 PM

Quote:
The next sensational mass shooter walks amongst us. Those closest cannot imagine.
Of course one can imagine. Overwhelmingly people will say "it doesn't surprise me" All the signs were there.

Old 11-17-2019, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
It would have the opposite impact, I would think.
That's the thing. you don't think when it comes to policy, which is why you don't discuss policy. And the proof is right here in your silly comment which you can't back up. I wonder if you'll every site a study that actually has merit?

I blame the school system. Too many teachers don't teach kids to think.

Old 11-17-2019, 09:57 PM

Quote:
I am unaware of any sensational mass shooter who came from a home receiving welfare benefits.
LMAO This says everything one needs to know about the minuscule amount of time you've spent looking into this issue.

Quote:
All schools, public and private, have students who have been identified as as being problems which is not the same thing as a threat.
And? So?

Quote:
This shooter was not identified as a problem or a threat.
It's not about this shooter. It's about the norm. That you deflect from that is silly.

Old 11-17-2019, 10:01 PM

Quote:
I can’t think of a single sensational mass shooter who engaged because of economic reasons.
This tells us everything one needs to know about the minuscule amount of time you've researched this. Keep making things up.

Quote:
Nothing seems to indicate a lack of love, care and concern.
You have no idea that children raised in a single parent family are much worse off????

Old 11-17-2019, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Nothing to do with this or any other sensational mass shooting with high victim counts.
Everything to do with this and most mass shooting with high victim counts. That you offered no proof other than "because you said so" tells us everything we need to know about the minuscule time you've spent researching this.

Old 11-17-2019, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindi Waters View Post
When people don't get the basics, they can get more violent. Drugs and immorality play a big part in society.
Exactly and having 2 parents around which allows for more guidance makes a big difference. We know for a fact that children from single parent families are less educated, make less money, and commit a much higher rate of crime than those raised by 2 parents.

Old 11-17-2019, 10:37 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,535,626 times
This shooter is a byproduct of the highly revered and often praised Asian Tiger Mom

Old 11-18-2019, 12:15 AM

11,039 posts, read 16,866,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
This shooter is a byproduct of the highly revered and often praised Asian Tiger Mom
Eh, we don't know that for sure, yet. I do know that a few of his classmates went on the air to say his mom was "the sweetest woman," though of course that doesn't necessarily indicate how things were at home, though family friends said that he leaned on his mom and sister for support after his dad's death so it sounds like it wasn't that bad.

His mom had called the police against the dad for domestic violence before their divorce, which in turn was only a year or so before the dad's death. It sounded like he and the dad had a decent relationship before, though his dad was an alcoholic and obviously had some issues to work through. Sounds like there were a lot of issues and we may never actually know the truth.

One of my best friends took his own life, seemingly out of nowhere, a few years ago. After the fact we were able to dig below the surface and also into the police report and paint a different picture from what we all knew, but there's still no suicide note, no final communique as to why he did what he did. If he had writings, they are on a computer that is now permanently locked and in the posession of his then-gf who, as it turns out, played a role in his demise and would never allow us to try to pay a hacker to access it or anything.

I'm married to an Asian woman who is already showing signs of tiger mom-ness with our three year old daughter, and increasingly shows tiger-wife attitudes towards me... So, it's something that certainly ran through my mind as well. But I don't see any clear indicator at this point that this is the case.

Old 11-18-2019, 02:17 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
Has anyone else wondered why the media seems to be SO concerned with these mass shootings? Just look at the facial expression in the above link (daily show link), he looks like he is about to cry!!

Mass shootings are a freaking gold mine for them in terms of ratings and 'conditioning'...its what they do! They would love it if there was a mass shooting every day of the week!

I guess they have to appear to look worried and concerned, but its so fake and shallow
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies