Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2019, 11:30 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,526,696 times

Advertisements

Adam Schiff will be called as a witness in any Senate trial, if the House does actually vote to impeach President Trump.

Quote:
Adam Schiff Will be Called as a Witness in Senate Impeachment Trial: Graham

"So if there's a trial in the Senate, one of the witnesses will be Adam Schiff because if he in fact did meet with the whistleblower and coach the guy up, I think that's relevant to the impeachment inquiry itself," Graham continued.

Graham appeared to be referring to a moment during the public impeachment inquiry hearing earlier in the day when Schiff pushed back against an accusation from Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio) that he knew the identity of the whistleblower whose claim is at the center of the House impeachment inquiry.

When Jordan said Schiff was the only member of Congress who knew the whistleblower's identity,
Schiff responded, "As the gentleman knows, that's a false statement. I do not know the identity of the whistleblower."
Of course the President can reasonably call anyone to testify who is reasonably connected to this exercise, and Schiff is, through his collusion with Eric Ciaramella (The "whistleblower") in advance of his leaking his rendition of President Trump's phone call with the President of Ukraine.

Graham also clarified that hearsay would not be allowed:

Quote:
Graham also said he wouldn’t let a trial of Trump be based on hearsay evidence alone. A trial would also not be held if the whistleblower doesn’t testify, he said.

“Let’s say they get 218 votes. Here’s what I promise the country. We’re not going to try the president of the United States based on hearsay. So any resolution setting up a trial in the Senate, I’m going to make sure that hearsay cannot be the basis of an impeachment allegation,” Graham told host Sean Hannity. If you invoke the hearsay rule, what would be left?”
This is really not going very well for the resistance, is it? If they only had confidence in the Democrat left all-star team that is currently running for the Democrat party nomination for president, they would not be so frantic about their efforts to weaponize the impeachment process against their duly elected political adversary.

We are having a presidential election in less than a year, after all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2019, 11:33 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,589,174 times
Look at Graham selling nonsense to low information voters. Knowing full well that the White House is refusing to let firsthand witnesses testify and defying subpoenas for documents, Graham is arguing that no trial will be held unless the House provides them what the White House refuses to disclose. Anyone who buys this crap should come check out my bridge-selling shop.

Old 11-14-2019, 11:34 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,074,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Adam Schiff will be called as a witness in any Senate trial,

I'm sure they will have all kinds of interesting witnesses. I have my doubts the House will ever actually vote on it.

Old 11-14-2019, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
I'm sure they will have all kinds of interesting witnesses. I have my doubts the House will ever actually vote on it.
Agreed.

Old 11-14-2019, 11:37 AM

8,957 posts, read 2,560,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
Look at Graham selling nonsense to low information voters. Knowing full well that the White House is refusing to let firsthand witnesses testify and defying subpoenas for documents, Graham is arguing that no trial will be held unless the House provides them what the White House refuses to disclose. Anyone who buys this crap should come check out my bridge-selling shop.
They can easily prevent a trial in the Senate, it just takes a majority vote and the Republicans have those votes. If anything isn't to their liking, they can throw the partisan impeachment articles in the trash as soon as they receive them. Higher information voters already know this off course.

Old 11-14-2019, 11:41 AM

57,311 posts, read 26,236,916 times
How quickly Graham forgot about his displeasure over the delay in aid, now he is bringing up nonsense. What happened to the angry Graham.

Old 11-14-2019, 11:44 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,074,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
If anything isn't to their liking, they can throw the partisan impeachment articles in the trash as soon as they receive them.

We already know everything Trump did or may have done that could be damaging to him. Let's face it it's unlikely the Senate will convict. If this gets to the Senate it opens the door for the other side of the story, they aren't going to throw anything in the trash but go on the offensive.

Once again I doubt the House will vote on it, it's just political theater. A vote to impeach opens Democrats to a lot of damaging testimony in the Senate.

Old 11-14-2019, 11:45 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,213,992 times
Would love to hear him explain how his staff met with the WB but he never met or knew the name.

Not even Democrats believe his lies.

Old 11-14-2019, 11:46 AM

20,115 posts, read 9,032,117 times
Do any of you believe any Senate Republican will vote to remove Trump from office?

Seriously. So what's the end game here besides a defeat? Anybody?

Old 11-14-2019, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
Do any of you believe any Senate Republican will vote to remove Trump from office?

Seriously. So what's the end game here besides a defeat? Anybody?
There is no "end game".

Their radical left TDS afflicted base is so unhinged that they will take it out on the Democrats in the House if they do not pursue this. That is what is motivating this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies