Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2019, 12:51 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,650,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
There is ample evidence that marijuana messes with your head.

This is why I don’t support legalization.
So does alcohol. Once again, it's amazing how some people actually feel that banned, illegal drugs are some how safer for society than legalized and regulated drugs. Even Portugal's decriminalization of drugs program, while not actually legalization, works much better for that country than back when they regarded people using illegal drugs as a crime problem, rather than a health problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2019, 01:35 AM

5,818 posts, read 2,673,051 times
It'll happen.

Be patient.

That's the one dang thing I miss about living in CA.

Old 11-18-2019, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Really. I got quite a few conductors fired for being stoners. So unlike alcohol, dope remains in the system for far longer.

So you are ok with stoners being airline pilots, bus drivers driving your kids to school, driving mile long oil trains, navigating tankers of oil in restricted waters.

Whatever.
If they're not impaired, what's the problem?

Just like if someone drinks but stays sober to drive....

Marijuana is god-given medicine that grows up from the earth. It serves so many purposes, medically.

You got people fired because they used marijuana outside of work? Really?

Old 11-18-2019, 01:53 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,612,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
It's amazing how some people actually feel that banned, illegal drugs are some how safer for society than legalized and regulated drugs. I don't know of any criminal gangs trying to make big money by selling alcohol and cigarettes. Some states, such as California need to revise their regulations on legal pot.
Yes, once alcohol prohibition ended, the gangs and black market involvement in selling them ended too,its easy to see why, booze was no longer illegal, that means any store can sell it and the alcohol companies can start producing it again.

The criminals, gangs, and cartels are only involved when its lucrative enough, substances being illegal involves risk, this is why street drugs are expensive, when prohibition was in effect, booze was also expensive ,it was due to the risk involved, naturally they couldnt charge the same for alcohol as when it was illegal!

The people that support the war on drugs and even those that want tougher laws on drugs, they prefer to fabricate things, like the theory of the black market continuing once something is legalized, I think they do this, because they do not want to admit they support the drug cartels and drug dealers...however drug dealers and the cartels share the same opinion, they do not want ANY drugs legalized, it would be disastrous for their income.

Old 11-18-2019, 06:06 AM

3,307 posts, read 1,219,968 times
Quote:
Really. I got quite a few conductors fired for being stoners. So unlike alcohol, dope remains in the system for far longer.

So you are ok with stoners being airline pilots, bus drivers driving your kids to school, driving mile long oil trains, navigating tankers of oil in restricted waters.

Whatever.
You do know remaining in your system and being stoned are two different things? THC is stored in fat cells, that is why you can test positive for marijuana for about 30 days if you are a habitual smoker. This does not mean that you are stoned the entire time. You conservatives love impinging on people's freedoms.

Old 11-18-2019, 06:15 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,233,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
If they're not impaired, what's the problem?

Just like if someone drinks but stays sober to drive....

Marijuana is god-given medicine that grows up from the earth. It serves so many purposes, medically.

You got people fired because they used marijuana outside of work? Really?
Medicine? No it isn’t.

Yes. I got people fired because my workplace is zero tolerance.

Old 11-18-2019, 06:16 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,233,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecko_complex24 View Post
You do know remaining in your system and being stoned are two different things? THC is stored in fat cells, that is why you can test positive for marijuana for about 30 days if you are a habitual smoker. This does not mean that you are stoned the entire time. You conservatives love impinging on people's freedoms.
Too bad. My industry is zero tolerance. For good reason.

Old 11-18-2019, 07:25 AM

1,746 posts, read 880,674 times
Quote:

Whatever.

Still not educating yourself I see: https://norml.org/news/2019/11/14/dr...on-performance

Old 11-18-2019, 11:37 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,612,875 times
Quote:
Too bad. My industry is zero tolerance. For good reason.
The bill addresses this aspect, if passed, companies would not be able to hold it against their employees. I bet no matter how strongly they feel about it. they will obey the law of the land.

Old 11-18-2019, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Medicine? No it isn’t.
Tell that to cancer patients, people with arthritis, stomach issues, anxiety, insomnia, epilepsy....the list goes on.

Quote:
Yes. I got people fired because my workplace is zero tolerance.
Right but they weren't high on the job, correct?

Congrats for screwing up peoples' livelihoods, putting them in unemployment lines because of a harmless plant. (that they weren't even using on the job?)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies