Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2019, 06:21 AM

13,810 posts, read 5,030,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
You can spin it all you want to defend homosexuality but if you believe in God

marriage is covenant between a man and a woman that become one flesh. The marriage of homosexuals and lesbians, men with men and women with women, is an abomination against God and a perversion against nature.

https://www.rollcall.com/news/policy...-households-us
I disagree, as a Christian (follower of Jesus Christ, who never said a bad word about homosexuals) and one who tries to follow the 10 Commandments (nothing in there against homosexuals either).

But this belongs in the Religion Forum. In the US we don't make laws based on religious beliefs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2019, 08:05 AM

27,484 posts, read 13,702,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post

Decline Of America New census data: About 1 million same-sex households in US

You can spin it all you want to defend homosexuality but if you believe in God

marriage is covenant between a man and a woman that become one flesh. The marriage of homosexuals and lesbians, men with men and women with women, is an abomination against God and a perversion against nature.

https://www.rollcall.com/news/policy...-households-us
To be honest I thought there would be more as in 2018, there were 127.59 million households in the United States.

1 million accounts for less than 0.8% of US Households, and of these how many live in cities such as San Francisco or NYC which are often seen as more tolerant.

In other words 99.2% of households in the US aren't gay if your figure of 1 million is correct and this may be even higher in many parts of the US.

Old 11-20-2019, 08:09 AM

34,331 posts, read 18,709,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
To be honest I thought there would be more as in 2018, there were 127.59 million households in the United States.

1 million accounts for less than 0.8% of US Households, and of these how many live in cities such as San Francisco or NYC which are often seen as more tolerant.

In other words 99.2% of households in the US aren't gay if your figure of 1 million is correct and this may be even higher in many parts of the US.

The Media, Entertainment, Education and Social Media over state the number of LGBT in America. Realistically it is around 1% yet if you believed the above institutions, and watch anything on TV, Movies, etc, you think it was about 30% - 40% which is just nuts.

Old 11-20-2019, 08:09 AM

45,794 posts, read 27,436,496 times
Lifestyle of extinction...

Old 11-20-2019, 08:15 AM

4,021 posts, read 1,818,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Just don't try to normalize it to my kids in School, Media, Social Media and Entertainment like they are doing.
This is what gets me too....If they aren't careful they will lose much of the support they have fought so hard to (rightfully) gain over the past few decades......

It's easy, just do your own thing, as long as you're not hurting any one else......but I don't want to hear about it, and most certainly do not want to pay for it....

Old 11-20-2019, 08:38 AM

47,054 posts, read 26,160,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RageX View Post
But try as they might (and they're trying real hard in some places) there is no law that can make us love, praise, worship them and, adopt that as OUR lifestyle.
Whut?

Old 11-20-2019, 08:40 AM

47,054 posts, read 26,160,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
The number of Gays and Lesbians is so small it is insignificant. If it makes them happy, I am fine with it. We're talking about 1% of the population, so who cares what they do? Just don't try to normalize it to my kids in School, Media, Social Media and Entertainment like they are doing.
Kinda funny how the same arguments that completely failed to work against interfaith and interracial marriage are now completely failing to work against gay marriage, isn't it?

Old 11-20-2019, 08:47 AM

5,805 posts, read 5,140,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RageX View Post
Gay people shouldn't be bothered or harrassed. Nobody should be. However, I will not approve turn-table bullying.

There's laws that say I shouldn't not-hire, fire, hit, vandalize the stuff or, yell slurs at people because they gay. That's fine, those are good laws.

But try as they might (and they're trying real hard in some places) there is no law that can make us love, praise, worship them and, adopt that as OUR lifestyle.

The decline, in my not-so-humble opinion, is not the 1 million same sex households, probably about 5 million individuals ...it's more because of the unwieldly influence that 5 million has over the other 345 million.

I don't like that the gay agenda is promoted as normal, even to grade school children. In games, comics now, TV shows, et al...

I don't like that, because it exists in nature, that it is should be considered normal. You know what else exists in nature? ebola, diahrhea(sp?), vomiting. Yea, technically natural but, rare, very gross and, it will not be embraced.

I don't like this:
GAYS: We want want a lack of intrusion in our bedrooms (ok, fine, makes perfect sense)
ALSO GAYS: We want a parade to show everybody what we do in the bedroom (.....)

I have no respect for any group so small, that so petulantly demands the overwhelming majority cater to them.

...and gay or straight, it's hard to respect, on an intellectual level, a person who's defining feature is what type of genitals they like. What about your job? Ever ran a marathon? Or you ever helped anybody on the side of the road? Do you even have a hobby? Were your illustrations put up in a storefront cuz' the proprietor thought they would attract business?

It's my God-given right not to like or adopt the gay lifestyle and, it's my 1st Ammendment right (if that even applies anymore apparently) to say it.
All that you whine and rant about would be justified if gays and lesbians were actually treated like everyone else and not attacked and discriminated against. Then, their "pride" parade would no longer be necessary. But sadly, you and I both know that this is not true. So...until gays are treated equally and fairly, the parades continue. if you dont like gay parades, then dont go to one.

Old 11-20-2019, 08:51 AM

13,810 posts, read 5,030,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody01 View Post

It's easy, just do your own thing, as long as you're not hurting any one else......but I don't want to hear about it,....
Then stick your head in a hole.

I mean, maybe gay people don't want to hear about heterosexual behavior either. Yet there it is, every time you turn on the TV. Men and women hugging, kissing and worse! I tell ya, they are shoving this crap down our throats and indoctrinating our children!!!

Old 11-20-2019, 08:52 AM

8,503 posts, read 4,600,056 times
God doesn't like people who hate and he has no use for the hypocrites who use his name to promote their personal agendas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies