Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2019, 12:43 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,569,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil75230 View Post
https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...sinner/602569/

In effect, they're saying that if you oppose Trump, then you're demon-influenced, if not demon-possessed.

The Bible says "Beware of false prophets who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly are ravenous wolves". It's right to pray that Franklin and Metaxis come to see the error of their ways, but Christians should not support them. In effect, they're making judgments only God should make.
Who cares what they think? They believe in fairies in the sky they’re completely irrelevant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2019, 12:43 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,820,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post

And a number of 'Christians' on this board want to rule/control what a woman can do with her own body.
And who people can love. And what kind of plant they can grow and use on the privacy of their own homes.

Fundamentalist Christians demand complete control over every aspect of everyone’s private lives and believe they are being “oppressed” if they are denied that control.

Old 11-28-2019, 12:45 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,820,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Who cares what they think? They believe in fairies in the sky they’re completely irrelevant.
But they currently control the public policy of the USA and have the support of 40% of Americans. Right now, I’d say they are the most important people in the entire country.

Old 11-28-2019, 12:49 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,547,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post

Right now, I’d say they are the most important people in the entire country.
No, they just think they are.

Old 11-28-2019, 12:50 PM

33,572 posts, read 18,177,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I wonder how Jesus would feel about how His birthday is celebrated in our times, all the black friday sales, people acting like idiots so they can buy a poorly made tv for huge marked up prices, and how all the retailers 'take advantage' of this holiday for the sake of pure greed? Im sure he would be totally fine with it! LOL

Whoever knew so many big retailers were so religious?!!

The gift giving related to the original Christmas was just one or two very small gifts...what it has morphed into today is nothing but blasphemy, gift giving and receiving has become the number one priority of the holiday, and its not 1 or 2 small gifts being exchanged, its hundreds, even car dealerships trying to justify the gift of a new car as a 'christmas gift'..GEEZ, this is blown totally out of proportion today.

God does see the shallowness of what is happening. Many don't believe in Jesus and still celebrate it . It is putting man's tradition before God's.. I thank God for his goodness. Everything he put in place for us. The trees, the food, the prosperity here. We are so fortunate. We have never had any war here stateside.

Those that grow spoiled don't even know how blessed this country is .. wealth is not evil.. it is the love of money or power that is evil..

If there was no wealth here and freedom to create , we would be a third world country. God made man in his image, and God is the great creator. Our freedom to work hard and enjoy the fruits of our labor is good.

Communism does not work.. there is no freedom .. God knows from beginning to end. He wrote the book.

Old 11-28-2019, 01:14 PM

7,132 posts, read 4,773,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
The bible is the standard .. not ones own conscience. Man can rationalize the worst atrocities in their own mind.
Correction. The bible is "a" standard, and only among Christians. Ultimately the only standard that is enforceable is what is on the law books.

Old 11-28-2019, 01:25 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,765,220 times
Quote:

It is written.
Lots of things are written.

Doesn't mean they are factually correct, coherent, or rational.

Old 11-28-2019, 01:29 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,765,220 times
On the subject of demons and social standards -

“The greater part of what my neighbors call good I believe in my soul to be bad, and if I repent of anything, it is very likely to be my good behavior. What demon possessed me that I behaved so well?”

― Henry David Thoreau, Walden and Other Writings

Old 11-28-2019, 02:02 PM

17,810 posts, read 13,713,201 times
Quote:
Jesus overturned the tables of the money changers who were cheating the people
I wonder if the money changers ever stiffed their lamb, dove and pigeon contractors.

Old 11-28-2019, 02:20 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,655,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
I don't understand how any Christian can support this President. Lying and cheating don't sound like Christian values to me.
It's all about the Christian Right looking morally up to Trump simply because he claims to be pro-life and will select pro-life judges. As long as Trump does that, he can be as damned well sinful as he feels like. It's enough to make me wonder if the Christian Right could possibly openly support a homosexual president who claimed to be as pro-life as Trump. I kinda doubt it, but you never know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies