Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2019, 03:06 PM

33,572 posts, read 18,177,840 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Which is not yet the law of the land, despite how much you wish it was.
Of course I wish everyone to come to know Jesus..but you have a choice... you can be as sinful as you want .. it is America.. you can take drugs , you can rape, you can steal and you can kill . And people do.. They are lead around by Satan who would love to put all people in jail to rot . He would love to destroy people who overdose on drugs.. they have that right to kill their unborn babies and now we have a man who said that it is fine for a woman after she gives birth to kill her baby. This came from the governor of Virginia...

One can destroy themselves and many do. Satan gives them many paths to do just that. It is the secular belief to do what you want.

Christians can be sinners but the repent and sometimes they fall as Satan tempts them to stray.. some use God and some God uses..

Not everyone that professes Christ will be welcome into the Kingdom. Jesus will say, Depart from me, I never knew you.

Thank God he sent Jesus and his message ...a message of hope and redemption and power over satan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2019, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
It's all about the Christian Right looking morally up to Trump simply because he claims to be pro-life and will select pro-life judges. As long as Trump does that, he can be as damned well sinful as he feels like. It's enough to make me wonder if the Christian Right could possibly openly support a homosexual president who claimed to be as pro-life as Trump. I kinda doubt it, but you never know.
No one is looking at Trump as a moral leader. It is his ideology that people want. We have our spiritual leaders and Franklin Graham is one of them.

Old 11-28-2019, 03:15 PM

7,132 posts, read 4,773,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Of course I wish everyone to come to know Jesus..but you have a choice...
Thank God he sent Jesus and his message ...a message of hope and redemption and power over satan.
What's your point? There is a Religious forum you know. This is the political forum.

Old 11-28-2019, 03:33 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,436,083 times
Quote:
Name one perfect human being other than Jesus.. there isn't any. God even uses sinners.. like Paul who at one time killed Christians.
Jesus dined with prostitutes and was the light of the world...……..I try to do it and am accused of making thanksgiving dinner 'awkward'.

On a more serious note,I don't understand the extreme paranoia by some on the left of religious people and religious leaders.The Christian right is a part of the republican base but its hardly a majority,not even close.Reading some of the posts on here you'd think the US was a Christian version of Iran. I know A LOT of conservatives,and most of them aren't religious at all.

Some on the left love to scream about right wing Christian intolerance but they are just as intolerant themselves.Both sides say some goofy things.Both sides use issues that they know are here to stay to scare and rally their base.Abortion has been legal for 50 years and the 'right to life amendment to the constitution' that we've been hearing about since Reagan ran in 1980 has never happened and never will.Even if Roe vs Wade ever got overturned abortion would remain legal in almost every state where it is legal now as a practical matter.Gay marriage is the law of the land and gays serve openly in the military.A very high percentage of children are born out of wedlock and no one cares...….cohabitating couples attend churches all over the country..strip bars exist all over the bible belt....recreational weed is legal in 11 states so far... we hardly live in a theocracy

Old 11-28-2019, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
What's your point? There is a Religious forum you know. This is the political forum.
Tell that to the original poster who is bashing Christian leaders..

Old 11-28-2019, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imbobbbb View Post
Jesus dined with prostitutes and was the light of the world...……..I try to do it and am accused of making thanksgiving dinner 'awkward'.

On a more serious note,I don't understand the extreme paranoia by some on the left of religious people and religious leaders.The Christian right is a part of the republican base but its hardly a majority,not even close.Reading some of the posts on here you'd think the US was a Christian version of Iran. I know A LOT of conservatives,and most of them aren't religious at all.

Some on the left love to scream about right wing Christian intolerance but they are just as intolerant themselves.Both sides say some goofy things.Both sides use issues that they know are here to stay to scare and rally their base.Abortion has been legal for 50 years and the 'right to life amendment to the constitution' that we've been hearing about since Reagan ran in 1980 has never happened and never will.Even if Roe vs Wade ever got overturned abortion would remain legal in almost every state where it is legal now as a practical matter.Gay marriage is the law of the land and gays serve openly in the military.A very high percentage of children are born out of wedlock and no one cares...….cohabitating couples attend churches all over the country..strip bars exist all over the bible belt....recreational weed is legal in 11 states so far... we hardly live in a theocracy
Jesus was telling us that no matter the depth of sin , there is redemption.. others who were self righteous , thought they were too righteous to dine with prostitutes.. of course self righteousness didn't get them into heaven.

Old 11-28-2019, 03:45 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,765,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imbobbbb View Post

This is all true.

But given statements like 'democrats are demon-possessed', I'm not about to let my guard drop. I bet if you were privy to the innermost thoughts of our current Vice-president, or a previous US attorney General, you'd find similar sentiments. And the christian record of dealing with people deemed to be 'demon-possessed' is quite clear.

When the day comes that people who think this way are relegated to street corners, I'll relax. But as long as they continue to swing serious weight in our government, with the express desire of influencing US law toward their religious ideas - well, I'm gonna continue to call them out.

To be clear, I'm fine with people holding these beliefs. It's their right to believe whatever they want, just as it is mine. But I don't think that US law should be based on ANYONE'S religion.

Old 11-28-2019, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
This is all true.

But given statements like 'democrats are demon-possessed', I'm not about to let my guard drop. I bet if you were privy to the innermost thoughts of our current Vice-president, or a previous US attorney General, you'd find similar sentiments. And the christian record of dealing with people deemed to be 'demon-possessed' is quite clear.

When the day comes that people who think this way are relegated to street corners, I'll relax. But as long as they continue to swing serious weight in our government - well, I'm gonna continue to call them out.
You have no idea of the spirit world...it is spirit.. we are not just flesh and blood but we are also spiritual beings... the spirit of Anti-Christ is here today. All those who hate Christ have the spirit of Anti-Christ.

Old 11-28-2019, 03:52 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,765,220 times
Quote:
You have no idea of the spirit world...it is spirit.. we are not just flesh and blood but we are also spiritual beings... the spirit of Anti-Christ is here today. All those who hate Christ have the spirit of Anti-Christ.
QED, imbobbbb.

BTW, Taratova, I don't hate Christ. In fact, whoever the biblical character of jesus is based on, I think he had some pretty good stuff to say.

But insofar as this human being has been called god, well...

Old 11-28-2019, 03:53 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,568,864 times
Franklin Graham isn't half the man his father was so what he says means nothing to this Christian.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies