Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2019, 08:35 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,906,669 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlongTheI-5 View Post
Trump is in bed with Russia, our most dangerous enemy at this time. Trump is forcing religion on us at gunpoint. Homelessness is soaring under Trump. America is fast becoming a banana republic.
1. Years of intense investigation did not find any connection/collusion between Trump and Russia. If your assertion is true then the Democrats are incredibly incompetent and Trump is incredibly clever.

2. trump is not even religious. He goes through the motions for appearances sake, but he has never been a religious sort. Has he ever attended a church regularly? Held a position in a church that requires an actual time commitment? I do not know the answer to those but would be surprised if it were true. Bill Clinton was more religious than Trump is.

3. The wage gap for minorities is closing. Poor people are doing better than ever. The gap between poor people are the uber wealthy continues to grow, but that is simply following a trend that has existed for fifty years or more. What is growing is mental health problems. I suppose you might blame Trump for some of that because I have seen liberals get so overwhelmed with just pure hate for Trump that they cannot talk or function. I sit near the middle and watch the two sides become complete idiots over their emotion/passion and "I MUST win" life focus. They are in fact driving themselves crazy. Right now it is impacting the left mostly. A few years ago it was the extreme right that was going nuts. Maybe they are becoming homeless?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2019, 08:38 AM

17,716 posts, read 6,967,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
As s lifelong Republican voter, what I saw in Trump on the campaign trail in 2016 was a policy lightweight with no interest in detail, no intellectual curiosity, and no depth. His campaign was underpinned by name-calling and promises that could easily fit into a tweet but could not withstand even a modicum of scrutiny. As such, I could not vote for him.

But when he was elected, I was cautiously optimistic and hoped he would do as promised: act more Presidential than he had on the campaign trail, surround himself with and rely on "the best" intelligent advisors, stop the influence of dark money, reform our tax code to make it simpler and eliminate loopholes, replace the ACA with something better, etc.

Instead he flushed the opportunity to be a transformative President down the toilet by failing to live up to any of his promises and instead focusing on promoting himself, undermining our institutions, and demonizing half of the American populace.
So you voted for Hillary and still can't get over the fact that your gal lost. You fit right in with the sore losers running the Democrat Party, don't you?

Old 12-11-2019, 08:52 AM

30,108 posts, read 18,707,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDproAV View Post
I was a life-long Democrat until 2016 when I voted Trump. I will admit it was a cringe vote for me, but I was bashed by my Democrat family/friends all the same. But they (and many) are missing the whole point. I knew when I voted Trump in 2016, that he did NOT represent politics as usual. Now we know it to be true. In recent history politics hasn't been flipped upside its head the way it has been now.

Just think of what Trump has caused with the public's waning trust in the media, congress, pop culture, even judges. I'm one of the biggest skeptics when it comes to anything, so when everyone pretended things were going hunky dory under Obama when I knew they weren't (hence switching parties), I was worried things would continue on the status quo. We all know politicians are notoriously corrupt, so at least with Trump many are getting exposed for who they are (on both sides) like I've never seen before.

I don't think anyone should fully trust or rely on their government (our founding fathers were correct), and I hope what we have seen continues to burn the flame of skepticism in people towards our government moving forward.

Trump is great, as he is a Washington outsider who brings common sense ideas to the office. The Washington insiders, who have looted the nation for decades, feel as though their cash cow is being threatened, and are thus reacting violently to Trump.

Democrats, who have traditionally used political office as a means of gaining wealth, are particularly threatened by Trump and have reacted violently, as one would expect.

Everyone says they oppose the corrupt, politics as usual government, yet when someone comes along to combat the status quo, they are conditioned by their handlers to oppose such a man.

Old 12-11-2019, 09:08 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,584,853 times
tRump's presidency is BIG.

Buffoonery - marked by twitter tantrums, displays of ignorance, disregard for the national interest and personal weakness

Incompetence - clearly identified by all "the best people in the world" who've had a gutful and left

Gratuitous cruelty - policies aimed at punishing/singling out the most vulnerable among us

don't take my word for it.

Old 12-11-2019, 09:12 AM

27,696 posts, read 16,186,489 times
Refreshing is someone that takes on the pos so called free press, that have been fake news for decades...finally

Old 12-11-2019, 01:43 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,580,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
The greatest President ever... Couldn't have asked for a better person to run this country....
You finally got it right, Obama absolutely was a fantastic President. The loser trump amplifies that fact.

Old 12-11-2019, 01:45 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,580,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Refreshing is someone that takes on the pos so called free press, that have been fake news for decades...finally
lol, loser trump takes on nothing. Whining fake news incessantly isn’t taking on something, it just reveals his mental inferiority.

Old 12-11-2019, 01:50 PM

2,486 posts, read 827,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDproAV View Post
I was a life-long Democrat until 2016 when I voted Trump. I will admit it was a cringe vote for me, but I was bashed by my Democrat family/friends all the same. But they (and many) are missing the whole point. I knew when I voted Trump in 2016, that he did NOT represent politics as usual. Now we know it to be true. In recent history politics hasn't been flipped upside its head the way it has been now.

Just think of what Trump has caused with the public's waning trust in the media, congress, pop culture, even judges. I'm one of the biggest skeptics when it comes to anything, so when everyone pretended things were going hunky dory under Obama when I knew they weren't (hence switching parties), I was worried things would continue on the status quo. We all know politicians are notoriously corrupt, so at least with Trump many are getting exposed for who they are (on both sides) like I've never seen before.

I don't think anyone should fully trust or rely on their government (our founding fathers were correct), and I hope what we have seen continues to burn the flame of skepticism in people towards our government moving forward.

YOU and I and millions of others have come to the same conclusions. As a dues paying Libertarian since 2004, I didn't vote for Trump. I will this time around.

The one thing he has done is expose the corruption of unelected bureaucrats that are the cancer in our government. He will win another term and this time in a landslide.

Nuff said, that's all there is to it.

Old 12-11-2019, 01:58 PM

2,066 posts, read 903,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlongTheI-5 View Post
Trump is in bed with Russia, our most dangerous enemy at this time.

"The 1980's called, they want their foreign policy back" - Bath House Barry

Old 12-11-2019, 01:58 PM

1,117 posts, read 752,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
What Democrat ideals kept you as a lifelong Democrat and what ideals did you see in trump to make you change?
The ideals I saw in Trump I already stated in my original post (that he was the anti-politician, etc.)

As for the ideals that kept me as a lifelong Democrat, first, I'm a minority in a tightly-knit Catholic community (small town New Mexico) and voting Democrat was simply the norm. We didn't question much but were told that Democrats help the minority. I also felt the Democrat ideal of "progression" sounded intriguing, as if Democrats were focused on repairing the ills of society and leading the way in technology and development. Sadly, I did not find this to be the case. Just more politics and feel-good talking points.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies