Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe race relations are getting worse and we are moving toward racial separatism?
Yes 99 43.42%
No 129 56.58%
Voters: 228. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2019, 05:10 PM

3,307 posts, read 1,217,021 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Yes, but it is kind of late for that now. Those legal immigrants have become citizens and have established roots here, have given birth on our soil and they have changed the face of America forever now. We are a mutt nation like no other and trying to retain our identity is becoming harder to do. I just find it troubling that so many of them haven't assimilated into our society but steadfastidly have embraced their native cultures and languages out in public. They aren't blending in but standing out instead. A cohesive culture is what is important to me not race.
They have been assimilating. Here is a study that has been tracking immigrants and shows the rates of assimilation have been keeping up with the past rates or exceeding them. Immigrants to this day are still assimilating. I have a feeling with someone who refers to the US as a "mutt" nation, I'm speaking to someone who won't listen to reason and is likely motivated by race instead of assimilation.

https://www.americanprogress.org/iss...ilation-today/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2019, 05:32 PM

3,604 posts, read 1,655,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecko_complex24 View Post
They have been assimilating. Here is a study that has been tracking immigrants and shows the rates of assimilation have been keeping up with the past rates or exceeding them. Immigrants to this day are still assimilating. I have a feeling with someone who refers to the US as a "mutt" nation, I'm speaking to someone who won't listen to reason and is likely motivated by race instead of assimilation.

Assimilation doesn't happen overnight...takes a while (at least a generation)...happening now though. Unfortunately, many motivated by race...and they are not providing any constructive ways to continue improving race relations in America. Some here...

https://nnedv.org/latest_update/8-ev...-fight-racism/

Last edited by Fisherman99; 12-15-2019 at 05:40 PM..

Old 12-15-2019, 05:42 PM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:

Sorry, but that site is a far left liberal leaning one. They want you to believe that crap. They also have a tendency to blur the lines between legal and illegal "immigrants". I go by what I hear and see in public. I already said that race means nothing to me so why would you make that accusation? I said a cohesive society bound by a common culture is what is important to me. Mutt simply means mixed so it's not an inappropriate description of our nation today.

Old 12-15-2019, 05:53 PM

3,307 posts, read 1,217,021 times
Quote:
Sorry, but that site is a far left liberal leaning one. They want you to believe that crap. They also have a tendency to blur the lines between legal and illegal "immigrants". I go by what I hear and see in public. I already said that race means nothing to me so why would you make that accusation? I said a cohesive society bound by a common culture is what is important to me. Mutt simply means mixed so it's not an inappropriate description of our nation today.
Right we should all listen to you on the assimilation of immigrants in this country because of what you see and hear. Just ignore any studies that have actually tracked immigrants and measured their progress with assimilation as they have spent more time in the US. That sounds like a good plan.

Old 12-15-2019, 05:54 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,138,210 times
I think things improved somewhat under Obama, but then the backlash appeared when Trump's own bias became apparent.

We can hope that things will improve again once Trump is gone.

Old 12-15-2019, 05:57 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,417,724 times
We have a white supremacist in the White House who hires other white supremacists. People feel that they have the right to come after Jews, Blacks, Muslims, Hispanics, women etc because of Trump and his dog whistles. In fact, Trump encourages violence among his supporters. I don't think race relations have gotten better, they are just different and bolder since Trump has been in office.

Old 12-15-2019, 05:58 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,083,485 times
Quote:
Yes they do, however I don't see any concern on their part. Perhaps it's because the refugees, asylum seekers and "immigrants" are minorities just like they are. Blacks were just as much of a part of early America as whites were, they speak English and contrary to what some say in here I think we share a common culture with them. Not so with many of these foreigners that have come here since 1965. I believe it has impacted the job prospects for blacks also.
Of course. But they have brainwashed to believe 30 million illegals here who they are mostly competing with for middle and lower paying jobs is some how good for them. It's not good for them at all.

Old 12-15-2019, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Right we should all listen to you on the assimilation of immigrants in this country because of what you see and hear. Just ignore any studies that have actually tracked immigrants and measured their progress with assimilation as they have spent more time in the US. That sounds like a good plan.
Eyes and ears don't lie. Slanted/biased statistics do such as from the link you provided.

Old 12-15-2019, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Of course. But they have brainwashed to believe 30 million illegals here who they are mostly competing with for middle and lower paying jobs is some how good for them. It's not good for them at all.
Well, the Democrats keep giving them handout so to many maybe the loss of jobs don't mean anything.

Old 12-15-2019, 06:06 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,083,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
We have a white supremacist in the White House who hires other white supremacists. Peop

If Trump is a white supremacist, he's not a very good one as he married half his children off to Jews.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies