Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2019, 07:05 PM

45,221 posts, read 26,427,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
well, showing his photo is not a bad idea. I am sure not a lot of people know what he looked like.

I don't know why so many people think showing a photo = honoring. =) ... but then again, I don't over analyze things and I don't get offended often.
Im all about the history of things. You should check him out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2019, 07:07 PM

39,223 posts, read 27,589,701 times
well, someone believed Erwin Rommel is by far the best general who was known as a skilled strategist.
Isoroku Yamamoto was a good one too.

Why not talking about that? what is the big deal? There is a YUGE difference between honoring somebody and simply talking about the history.
General Lee is a good General too, by the way.

Old 12-18-2019, 07:10 PM

6,393 posts, read 4,113,377 times
Ultra Liberal here.

I think there is nothing wrong with using that picture of the nazi.

Old 12-18-2019, 07:15 PM

2,594 posts, read 1,240,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
well, showing his photo is not a bad idea. I am sure not a lot of people know what he looked like.

I don't know why so many people think showing a photo = honoring. =) ... but then again, I don't over analyze things and I don't get offended often.
The purpose of the post was to commemorating the 75th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge that was posted on the Army’s XVIII Airborne Corps Facebook page. You would think a picture of a soldier from the Airborne corp would make far more sense in the context of the post then a glossy close up of a member of the Waffen SS.

The intent of the person who posted it is suspect. If their intentions were not suspect then they are an absolute moron of the highest order.

Old 12-18-2019, 07:18 PM

39,223 posts, read 27,589,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
The purpose of the post was to commemorating the 75th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge that was posted on the Army’s XVIII Airborne Corps Facebook page. You would think a picture of a soldier from the Airborne corp would make far more sense in the context of the post then a glossy close up of a member of the Waffen SS.

The intent of the person who posted it is suspect. If their intentions were not suspect then they are an absolute moron of the highest order.
I doubt the intentions were bad. Maybe slow news day.

If "they" were offended, then the picture should be quickly removed from the website. That's it. It's really not newsworthy.

Old 12-18-2019, 08:19 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,514,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
The Left is so disingenuous. On any other day they would decry the United States as an illegitimate, incorrigibly racist nation and heap hate on the white males of the WWII generation.
Oh please, stuff your white nationalism and Nazi apologia in a sock.

Old 12-18-2019, 08:21 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,514,899 times
I think most of you never heard of Joachim Peiper before this thread, but I know about him, and his nickname was "Blowtorch" for his ravages across Russia.

Now that Trump is President, it seems to be okay to celebrate Nazi war criminals. Just another step toward fascism, which has never seemed more possible than it does today.

Old 12-18-2019, 08:46 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,428,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I think most of you never heard of Joachim Peiper before this thread, but I know about him, and his nickname was "Blowtorch" for his ravages across Russia.

Now that Trump is President, it seems to be okay to celebrate Nazi war criminals. Just another step toward fascism, which has never seemed more possible than it does today.
pssst.......it's not a celebration.

Old 12-18-2019, 08:47 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,428,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Oh please, stuff your white nationalism and Nazi apologia in a sock.
Sees Neon Yahtzees behind every bush and under his bed.

Old 12-18-2019, 08:48 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,367,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
I know, right? Such pictures should be expunged from history books, television documentaries, historical websites, etc.
Right, and Hitler should NEVER be mentioned. Too triggering!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies