Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2020, 07:22 AM

586 posts, read 314,890 times

Advertisements

No. None are so blind as he who will not see.

Old 01-09-2020, 08:52 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,092,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
It speaks to the tolerance Jews have for those of other religions.
I was listening to Christian radio back around Hanukkah/Christmas and they had a Jewish (can't recall if they converted to Christianity or not) couple, and from their mouths, they said Jews have a "disgust, a revulsion" when they think about Jesus Christ.

So...how is that tolerance? I mean, if they feel that way about our God, our Christ, how in the world am I to believe they feel about me? Feeling "revulsion and disgust" about my God I can only imagine how they feel about me...and I wouldn't call it tolerant.

Old 01-09-2020, 10:38 AM

10,101 posts, read 6,441,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
I was listening to Christian radio back around Hanukkah/Christmas and they had a Jewish (can't recall if they converted to Christianity or not) couple, and from their mouths, they said Jews have a "disgust, a revulsion" when they think about Jesus Christ.

So...how is that tolerance? I mean, if they feel that way about our God, our Christ, how in the world am I to believe they feel about me? Feeling "revulsion and disgust" about my God I can only imagine how they feel about me...and I wouldn't call it tolerant.
That particular Jewish couple may have made the statement you quote, although I highly doubt it considering it was on a Christian radio source. At any rate, none of the Jews I know feel "disgust or revulsion" about either Christ or Christians. You consider Jesus = G-d; we don't. I do get frustrated with Christians who tell me I'm going to hell if I don't accept Jesus as my personal savior. We don't try and change your beliefs.

Old 01-09-2020, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
That particular Jewish couple may have made the statement you quote, although I highly doubt it considering it was on a Christian radio source. At any rate, none of the Jews I know feel "disgust or revulsion" about either Christ or Christians. You consider Jesus = G-d; we don't. I do get frustrated with Christians who tell me I'm going to hell if I don't accept Jesus as my personal savior. We don't try and change your beliefs.
Not making it up at all. 900 - local Christian station here in the Twin Cities (MN).

It's not like it's hard to find info how Jews feel about Christian/Christ online.

Let's not act like it's a "tolerant" view of the Christian faith.

I wish more Protestants (I am Protestant) knew how Martin Luther felt about the Talmudic. They might just revise how they feel about the situation altogether if they knew his views on the situation.

Old 01-09-2020, 10:50 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,103,478 times
Quote:
Not making it up at all. 900 - local Christian station here in the Twin Cities (MN).

It's not like it's hard to find info how Jews feel about Christian/Christ online.

Let's not act like it's a "tolerant" view of the Christian faith.

I wish more Protestants (I am Protestant) knew how Martin Luther felt about the Talmudic. They might just revise how they feel about the situation altogether if they knew his views on the situation.
Martin Luther was a notorious anti-Semite. If he were alive today he would be railing about the "Zionist Occupied Government" like some of the local CD neo-nazis are fond of doing.

Old 01-09-2020, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Martin Luther was a notorious anti-Semite.

Nope. Wrong. He was not. He was critical of the Temple, but he was not an "anti-semite" (I believe that label is quite disingenuous to begin with, FWIW).

Old 01-09-2020, 11:12 AM

18,472 posts, read 15,262,903 times
Quote:
Nope. Wrong. He was not. He was critical of the Temple, but he was not an "anti-semite" (I believe that label is quite disingenuous to begin with, FWIW).
He spent his life trying to convert Jews, and when he couldn’t, he got frustrated and lashed out at them. He called for their synagogues and homes to be burned, and for them to be forced into slave labor.

His “teachings” gave cover to the Protestant clergy in Germany to justify their acceptance of the Nazi third reich.

Old 01-09-2020, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
He spent his life trying to convert Jews, and when he couldn’t, he got frustrated and lashed out at them. He called for their synagogues and homes to be burned, and for them to be forced into slave labor.

His “teachings” gave cover to the Protestant clergy in Germany to justify their acceptance of the Nazi third reich.
Is that why Jews today have such a "tolerance" for Protestantism?

Old 01-09-2020, 11:26 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,773,354 times
Quote:

One couple does not define all Jewish people.

Speculation on my part, most Jewish people don’t feel one way or another about Jesus, beyond not recognizing him as the Messiah. In contrast, Islam views Jesus as a prophet of God, the Messiah.

Old 01-09-2020, 11:27 AM

18,472 posts, read 15,262,903 times
Quote:
Is that why Jews today have such a "tolerance" for Protestantism?
No. Jews for the most part, are fine with Protestantism. Protestants for the most part, are fine with Jews. In 2020, they live in relative harmony.

I have no doubt that there are a few bad apples on both sides. I think we may have a some of those bad apples here on this forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies