Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2020, 06:44 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,512,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
^^^^This. The DNC and mainstream Democrats have totally embraced anti Semitism. It isn't just a few radicals like Omar and Tlaib. This is purely to Virtue Signal their support and preference for MUSLIMS whom many are anti American, and a force to shift the U.S. to a Totalitarian Regime which they prefer, right along with the Democrats. More and more people, many former Democrats are waking up to this.
Thanks. In the linked article below, published by Tablet (a Jewish publication), the author addresses her fears that the Democrat Party has not merely become tolerant of antisemitism, but has become the “engine” of it. I can only hope that more and more moderate Democrats come to realize it, and switch their votes. The far-left liberals are, of course, a lost cause.

https://www.tabletmag.com/jewish-new...-unsalvageable

Old 01-01-2020, 09:25 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,544,846 times
Meanwhile Trump calls Pastors like Robert Jeffress a 'great faith leaders". He has invited him to speak at the White House.

Here's is what Jeffress has to say about Jews:

Quote:
“Not only do religions like Mormonism, Islam, Judaism, Hinduism, not only do they lead people away from the true God, they lead people to an eternity of separation from God in hell. You know, Jesus was very clear. Hell is not only going to be populated by murderers and drug dealers and child abusers. Hell is going to be filled with good religious people who have rejected the truth of Christ.”
So basically Jeffress says that all Jews are going to hell. AND he is embraced by Trump and the Republican party. I never see conservatives complain about him.

Then, there is the pro-Trump pastor who opines that the 'impeach Trump movement' is a 'Jew Coup". This is from the network TRU NEWS that the Trump administration regularly grants press passes, interviews, etc.

He also states that 'homosexuality is a Jewish value". And he does not mean that as a compliment.

This guy is a real hater. And yet his network gets access. He stated on Tru News that they were invited by the White House to travel to Davos to cover the speech to the 'assembled globalists".

Seems to me that the TRUMP administration is aligning itself with plenty of antisemites. Oh but, hey, as long as they aren't DEMOCRATS it's ok.

Last edited by Ringo1; 01-01-2020 at 09:26 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 01-01-2020, 09:55 AM

18,472 posts, read 15,262,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Meanwhile Trump calls Pastors like Robert Jeffress a 'great faith leaders". He has invited him to speak at the White House.

Here's is what Jeffress has to say about Jews:

So basically Jeffress says that all Jews are going to hell. AND he is embraced by Trump and the Republican party. I never see conservatives complain about him.

Then, there is the pro-Trump pastor who opines that the 'impeach Trump movement' is a 'Jew Coup". This is from the network TRU NEWS that the Trump administration regularly grants press passes, interviews, etc.

He also states that 'homosexuality is a Jewish value". And he does not mean that as a compliment.

This guy is a real hater. And yet his network gets access. He stated on Tru News that they were invited by the White House to travel to Davos to cover the speech to the 'assembled globalists".

Seems to me that the TRUMP administration is aligning itself with plenty of antisemites. Oh but, hey, as long as they aren't DEMOCRATS it's ok.
My whole life I have come across Christians that think Jews (along with all other non-Christians) are going to hell for not accepting Christ. Not just priests of pastors, but regular people. I have never once considered this to be antisemitic. I just consider it to be just one of those religious beliefs that I don't agree with. All religions have these silly (to me) beliefs, including my own religion. Show me a president who has NOT had a Pastor that believes this. It is part of the religious doctrine. Am I supposed to suddenly start considering this to be antisemitic now that it involves Trump.

It is far different than Obama’s pastor who singles out Jews and says vile things about them.

Old 01-01-2020, 10:28 AM

11,185 posts, read 6,512,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I dont think there has been any threads where you have not accused others of being anti-semite. You pull that card every time.
Have you considered that on every thread dealing with Jews or Israel, anti-semites do show up ? What's the problem with calling it as she sees it ? I happen to think she sometimes sees anti-Semitism when there are other explanations, but the same people criticizing her opinions have no problem making accusations of racism, xenophobia, misogyny, homophobia, Islamophobia, White Nationalism, at the drop of a hat. When it comes to anti-Semitism, they want to hear the words, I hate Jews.

On the larger issue of whether or not the Democratic party, the left, and their allies trend toward accepting, tolerating, and sometimes promoting anti-Semitism, she's absolutely correct.

Old 01-01-2020, 10:53 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,715,671 times
Not having known what the term “Semite” in antisemite means, I looked it up. It seems to point to an Afro-Asiatic language group and peoples, not exclusive to the Jewish faith or peoples. I would ask for someone to expand on my understanding of this word, but then again I would essentially be allowing someone else to program my thinking on the subject. A nice objective source of knowledge would be great.

Thus, based upon the definition, is to be antisemetic to be against Afro-Asiatic people and languages and religions, of which Jews and Judaism, as well as Islam inclusive? I have never taken the time to learn much about Jews and terms used in context with Jews. We can make such wrongful acts of violence teachable moments.

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 01-01-2020 at 11:01 AM..

Old 01-01-2020, 11:00 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,773,354 times
Criticize Bloomberg and you are anti- Semitic

Criticize Netanyahu and you are anti- Semitic

Criticize Zionism and you are anti- Semitic

Criticize Epstein and you are anti- Semitic

Criticize Bernie and you are anti- Semitic

Criticize Jared Kushner and you are anti- Semitic :rolleyes

Old 01-01-2020, 11:01 AM

3,354 posts, read 1,186,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Have you considered that on every thread dealing with Jews or Israel, anti-semites do show up ? What's the problem with calling it as she sees it ? I happen to think she sometimes sees anti-Semitism when there are other explanations, but the same people criticizing her opinions have no problem making accusations of racism, xenophobia, misogyny, homophobia, Islamophobia, White Nationalism, at the drop of a hat. When it comes to anti-Semitism, they want to hear the words, I hate Jews.

On the larger issue of whether or not the Democratic party, the left, and their allies trend toward accepting, tolerating, and sometimes promoting anti-Semitism, she's absolutely correct.
It's simply easier pitting people against each other. Works every time, like a charm from all sides.

Old 01-01-2020, 11:10 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,773,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Not having known what the term “Semite” in antisemite means, I looked it up. It seems to point to an Afro-Asiatic language group and peoples, not exclusive to the Jewish faith or peoples. I would ask for someone to expand on my understanding of this word, but then again I would essentially be allowing someone else to program my thinking on the subject. A nice objective source of knowledge would be great.

Thus, based upon the definition, is to be antisemetic to be against Afro-Asiatic people and languages and religions, of which Jews and Judaism, as well as Islam inclusive? I have never taken the time to learn much about Jews and terms used in context with Jews. We can make such wrongful acts of violence teachable moments.
Semitic is a group of languages and those whose mother tongues are one of those languages.

Hebrew is a Semite language. Arabic is the most common Semitic language. Most Muslims are not Arabs.

I have no idea how Semitic came to be perceived as only people of Jewish faith.

Old 01-01-2020, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post

You are correct in the meaning of the term Semite. The term, “antisemitism” has a different meaning, due to it’s origins. It was first coined by a German nationalist in the 1800s. A time when there weren’t any other semites in Germany besides Jews. He actually coined it as a nicer, more palatable, more “scientific” way to say (Judenhass) Jew hatred, because just saying that, is too harsh sounding. He hated Jews, but calling it “Judenhass”, sounded, well, too hateful for him.

So now the word antisemite means hatred of Jews. But if you dont like the term, I don’t think many Jews would mind if you substituted it with the phrase “Jew hatred”. It is six of one, half dozen of the other to them.

Old 01-01-2020, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Criticize Bloomberg and you are anti- Semitic

Criticize Netanyahu and you are anti- Semitic

Criticize Zionism and you are anti- Semitic

Criticize Epstein and you are anti- Semitic

Criticize Bernie and you are anti- Semitic

Criticize Jared Kushner and you are anti- Semitic :rolleyes
Dont forget George Soros.

I disagree about Epstein. I dont think you will find many Jews defending him. Unless, of course, you are trying to somehow equate him with Judaism, in which case they would have a good argument.

And some people do criticize these people due to anti semitism. In the same way you are complaining about blanket complaints of anti semitism, you cant give a blanket pass to people either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies