Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2020, 09:42 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,660,176 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post

The blood of every single American soldier that may possibly die in a conflict with Iran is on Trump's hands.
So this hasn't happened. Trump has not started a single war.

So what about the 4 wars that Obama/Biden started. 10s of 1000s are dead. Do you consider their deaths to be blood on Obama's hands?

Of course you don't. If it wasn't for Double Standards, Democrats would have no standards at all. GTFOH
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2020, 09:42 AM

5,863 posts, read 3,302,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
My son is in the military. If he gets deployed he is fully ready and willing to fight for our country. I support Trump. This general was a horrible person who is directly responsible for the deaths of 100's of American soldiers. According to this article he was actively plotting to kill more. https://nypost.com/2020/01/04/qassem...rgets-in-iraq/

Old 01-04-2020, 09:44 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,238,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
One terrorist dead, thousands more inspired to take his place, and an entire nation galvanized against us. Actually, make that two countries, you have to include Iraq.

Trump boasting and taking a victory lap only underscores how utterly clueless Republicans are about the threats we face.

Many if not most of the people in that nation is cheering us because this terrorist mastermind was killing more of them than us. And apparently you are yet another that doesn't think quality of leadership matters. That any warm body can do the job just as effectively.

39,083 posts, read 51,266,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zach_33 View Post
Deference to arbitrary authority is a hallmark of the vapid conservative right.
One really has to do mental contortions to wrap their head around why, just a week ago, the Trumpers were telling everyone how great it was that Trump was against wars, for peace, for non-intervention and that was why they voted for him. Now, they are all rabid neocons leaving one to conclude what we already knew: they voted for Trump not for his non-interventionist policies but singularly because of his policies of white resentment.

3,618 posts, read 3,058,201 times
Whats weird for me - i dislike Trump but i much prefer his PR approach when handling an assassination. Don’t try to act like the US is all innocent and bound by the Geneva convention. Trump wanted a high level terrorist killed, so he did it and he owned it. Its actually kind of refreshing. The results may not be so refreshing, but at least the idea that government should operate its killing machine with some transparency is less insulting than doing everything covertly then acting like we had nothing to do with it.

Old 01-04-2020, 09:46 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,585,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
https://nypost.com/2020/01/04/qassem...rgets-in-iraq/ Well there you go. The man was a menace. He is a enemy of America. Do you think he was in Iraq to look for real estate? He was a bad man that wanted to kill Americans. He is directly attributed to over 600 American soldiers deaths. On top of that how many of our young men and women were seriously injured because of this animal? I am glad he got what he deserved. If I was was Trump if any retaliation happens I would hit them back 100x harder!
Enemy of the state sounds like what they say in communist and other totalitarian states when the state is out to put a hit on someone.

Bringing down the US military helicopters ferrying Islamic State mercenaries and other foreign intelligence officers between Syria, Iraq, and Afghanistan would put a major crimp in the flow of US-backed fighters.

The US attacked the Iraqi border outposts near Qa'im because it sits at a major highway junction where Islamic State mercenaries move back and forth from Deir Ezzor governorate in Syria and Western Anbar province in Iraq where most of the US bases are located. In cooperation with the government of Syria, the Iraqi military were sited on both sides of the border to intercept the flow of insurgents. The only other path for Islamic State is Iraqi Kurdistan where the CIA keeps its hq.

Here is some more background on the situation.

Quote:
Such precarious balance as there ever was in Iraq was upset this last two months when the US and Israelis transported more of their ISIL Sunni jihadists into Iraq, to escape the pincer of the Turkish, Russian and Syrian government forces. The Iranians were naturally not going to stand for this and Iranian militias were successfully destroying the ISIL remnants, which is why General Qassem Suleimani was in Iraq, why a US mercenary assisting ISIL was killed in an Iranian militia rocket attack, and why Syrian military representatives were being welcomed at Baghdad airport.
source: link

Last edited by lchoro; 01-04-2020 at 09:57 AM..

Old 01-04-2020, 09:46 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,238,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
I can't believe the talking point is that he was a bad guy and no one knows what Iran will do in retaliation, but Trump and historians will be able to figure it out in hindsight, after time.

Are we to accept that Trump killed off a leader in the ME, one as powerful as him, and he has no game plan; no go forward plan? Just react like Trump always does?

Buffoons in position of power are not always just funny.

The additional strikes the following night shows there is a game plan. It's not a plan that is going to be shared with you, and certainly not Pelosi.

Old 01-04-2020, 09:47 AM

3,618 posts, read 3,058,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I'm glad that Obama appeasement and apologies to these brutal dictators is over.
Obama appeasment to brutal dictators? Try telling that to Osama Bin Laden.

Old 01-04-2020, 09:48 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,480,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
In where? Iran?
I never heard Obama called a warmonger. Wimp. Weakling. Coward. But never a warmonger.
Obama sent money. That didn't work. Signed an agreement merely so he could claim he signed an agreement. Didn't work, obviously.

Nah. I prefer Trump. A high level terrorist has been killed. Iran really didn't think we would do that.
Will Iran attack US military assets? I dunno. But in the event they do, several responses have already been laid out for us to chose from. We can hit Iran in their country. They cannot hit the US.
What they can do is blow another airliner up Lockerbie style and they certainly can hit the U.S. We have a lot of airliners and a lot of high rise buildings.

Old 01-04-2020, 09:49 AM

39,083 posts, read 51,266,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zach_33 View Post
Whats weird for me - i dislike Trump but i much prefer his PR approach when handling an assassination. Don’t try to act like the US is all innocent and bound by the Geneva convention. Trump wanted a high level terrorist killed, so he did it and he owned it. Its actually kind of refreshing. The results may not be so refreshing, but at least the idea that government should operate its killing machine with some transparency is less insulting than doing everything covertly then acting like we had nothing to do with it.
Soleimani may be a terrorist to us, but he is a hero to Iranians and millions of others in the middle east for, among other things, defeating ISIS in Iraq (which HE not Trump did). To call him a terrorist is on the same plane as calling Patreus a terrorist. Both men kill in the name of their patriotic goals. The distinction is which side you are on.

Last edited by Ponderosa; 01-04-2020 at 10:08 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies