Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2020, 05:37 PM

45,235 posts, read 26,464,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tb4000 View Post
Just would like to give the big finger to all those voters who didn't vote for Hillary cause "she's a warmonger". Well done.
We'd be in the same spot now. All Trump had to do was not be Hillary. Presidency fail.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

23,707 posts, read 30,763,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Any young soldier killed is a loss for us!
We who've volunteered to be part of the US Military fully understood our choice's. If we die based on the decision of the POTUS that's a decision we chose. We in the post-draft Military are "not" a group of leftists.

Semper Fi.

2,102 posts, read 1,005,574 times
CNN reporting Iraqi casualties from the attack at Al Asad Airbase.

Old 01-07-2020, 05:38 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,830,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Hard to ignore the Bible being completely accurate with Prophecy
Self fulfilling prophecies by religious nut job zealots!

1,161 posts, read 435,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Wrong.

Do you just make this stuff up?

Tens of thousands of deaths from Trumps attacks on populated areas to "get ISIS"

"In December 2017, the Associated Press estimated that 9,000 to 11,000 civilians had died in the battle" - that's one battle in Iraq for one city.

Just because the DOD is lying to you (they simply say to ask someone else...they don't keep track of civilians dead)...is no reason for you not to understand what is going on there.

"“Every day I was receiving reports of families killed by airstrikes or missiles—at least 20 or 25, sometimes 40 people were killed in one house and this was every day,” he told us."

Let's not play pretend. Tens of thousands of civilians are dying either as the result of our direct munitions (in Yemen also!) or our direct fire.
No one is making anything up.

While I admit that I may not have been incredibly articulate, my point was that Trump is no more a war monger than any other US POTUS in my lifetime. And I was commending him on targeting the leader instead of just dropping a bomb somewhere in Iran. Yes, obviously there have been casualties in the war against terrorist groups, in many countries (including our own)

31,771 posts, read 40,716,602 times
in case anyone doesnt know, the US is the "bad guy" in this conflict.

the empire's storm troopers have no business being in iraq.

Old 01-07-2020, 05:39 PM

996 posts, read 379,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jen5276 View Post
My boyfriend’s son is there. He confirmed the base was hit but he is safe thank God.
Good to hear.

17,645 posts, read 6,923,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumann Koch View Post
CNN reporting Iraqi casualties from the attack at Al Asad Airbase.
How terrible for the left that there are no American deaths being reported, as they are hoping.

23,795 posts, read 13,271,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuele View Post
Not sure if I agree. While it’s extremely unfortunate if Americans lose their lives and are injured, those are the positions those that serve willingly accept.That’s one of the reasons they have my respect and admiration.

But clearly, Iran stands to be severely at a disadvantage.. If it is surface to surface , they have been launched at places that have been under threat before.
Yeah, well we heard a lot about necessary collateral damage in the Iraq War. Calling it collateral damage is a nice way of saying people are dying on both sides. Both civilians and soldiers--it's all the same collateral damage.

Blood will be spilled. If you think this is the end of it, I would disagree.

None of this was necessary. Trump owns every single fatality.

57,314 posts, read 26,236,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumann Koch View Post
I find it highly suspect that Iran took credit for such a limited and low-level attack knowing full well that President Trump has drawn a Red Line.

Hopefully no American died in the attack!
Been reported on several networks that the IRGC took credit, no public announcement yet. The remaining 5000 US troops were in a defensive mode expecting this so hopefully no soldiers injured. So the question is does this escalate and will our troops leave the country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies