Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2020, 05:45 PM

996 posts, read 379,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Yeah, well we heard a lot about necessary collateral damage in the Iraq War. Calling it collateral damage is a nice way of saying people are dying on both sides. Both civilians and soldiers--it's all the same collateral damage.

Blood will be spilled. If you think this is the end of it, I would disagree.

None of this was necessary. Trump owns every single fatality.
Oh stop. This has been building up for decades. This isn’t even a war. It may or may not end up to be one.
We simply can not allow Iran to have a nuclear weapon based on their past behavior.
That’s the underlying principle that we need to adhere to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

9,963 posts, read 18,504,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
14 pages of liberals desperately pining for a retaliatory attack by Iran against U.S. military personnel.

This is why veterans and military personnel appropriately despise liberals.
I’m a Navy vet of operation desert storm JFK67 and Diego Garcia. How about you?

20,702 posts, read 12,542,103 times
The Department of Defense has confirmed: “At approximately 5:30 p.m. (EST) on January 7, Iran launched more than a dozen ballistic missiles against U.S. military and coalition forces in Iraq. It is clear that these missiles were launched from Iran and targeted at least two Iraqi military bases hosting U.S. military and coalition personnel at Al-Assad and Irbil.”
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ates-democrats

89,061 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
For the love of god republicans, can we just go one GOP presidency without. starting. a war? How many trillions of dollars have we wasted in the ME quagmire, with foray after foray into the ME under GOP presidents? It's hilarious how republicans get outraged that some child or a citizen could get healthcare under a government backed plan, yet they have no problems flushing away massive sums of cash down the toilet on never ending escapades in the ME.

Trump ran on a platform of getting the US the hell out of conflict in the ME. What happened?

And hopefully cooler heads will be loud enough to control Trump's impulsiveness, because for now it sounds like Iran is just trying to save face and that there are zero or low casualties. I'd expect Iran to launch rockets with small overall impact, blow up some oil pipelines/tankers, and to shoot down some drones etc., because there's no way the regime would risk doing something that'd cause the US to launch a full-scale invasion. The regime cares about self preservation first and foremost.

Of course that changes if Iran gets a nuclear weapon though...
This is 2020. The US will not invade. This will not be a boots on ground conflict.

1,161 posts, read 435,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
There are literally hundreds, if not thousands, of posts by liberals on this forum since Suleimani was taken out that prove my point.
Okay cool. So it will be easy to prove me wrong..

I will gladly admit that any person you find that proves your point is a heartless idiot. but please, by all means. Show me an example of the hundreds....nah, that's too much work. How about 3 different posters who are sad that no Americans were killed.....

I'll wait....but I bet that *IF* you respond at all it will just be to say something like "I'm not doing your work for you, look for yourself"

12,022 posts, read 11,579,950 times
Trump has raised issue of Iraq paying the US for bases and facilities in oil despite the treaty that the costs are that of the U.S.

link

There is a circularity to aid. When the US spends on aid to Israel or arms for wars, a certain portion of the money goes back into lobbying for more spending. Spending on deployments and arms sales would be lost for each country the US would leave, and the argument is made that influence of Russia increases (in the form of their arms sales).

Old 01-07-2020, 05:46 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,648,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumann Koch View Post
Lt General Mark Hertling just confirmed on CNN that Iran used ballistic missiles in the attack.

So these were not just little unguided rockets!
Dear. A ballistic missile IS an unguided missile.

I recommend that you watch something other than the liars at CNN.

Old 01-07-2020, 05:47 PM

37,224 posts, read 19,225,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Anticipation would be the appropriate answer to my question.

No shame in your game...
How about tell us what you think will happen then, Mr. Prognosticator...?

33,571 posts, read 18,174,016 times
Ever since Obama gave those billions and billions and billions of dollars to Iran they have become super cocky thinking they're going to use all those missiles and fire at our military bases, burn our embassy, take out the Saudi oil and we supposed to do nothing . As I said years ago Obama funded world war 3.

17,645 posts, read 6,923,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RollsRoyce1 View Post
Okay cool. So it will be easy to prove me wrong..

I will gladly admit that any person you find that proves your point is a heartless idiot. but please, by all means. Show me an example of the hundreds....nah, that's too much work. How about 3 different posters who are sad that no Americans were killed.....

I'll wait....but I bet that *IF* you respond at all it will just be to say something like "I'm not doing your work for you, look for yourself"
Just read any thread about Iran for the past few days. They're not difficult to find, but it's not my job to spoonfeed the obvious to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies