Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2020, 03:19 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,098,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Sure, he has power. Thankfully so does the House. That's why we now have an impeached Trump.
And the Senate will vote for a quick acquittal. Trump will still have all the powers of president and Dems will be stuck with their awful candidates aNd realize he is looking at a another four years and will probably make at least two more Supreme Court choices. But hey he is impeached so now everything has changed right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2020, 03:23 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
And the Senate will vote for a quick acquittal. Trump will still have all the powers of president and Dems will be stuck with their awful candidates aNd realize he is looking at a another four years and will probably make at least two more Supreme Court choices. But hey he is impeached so now everything has changed right?
I'm fine if impeachment is all we get. It will be with him as long as he lives. You can believe he's hating it. The man can't go a day without tweeting about it.

The Senate may vote to acquit, but I hope they call witnesses like 70% of the country wants them to. If they do or not remains to be seen. More people want him impeached than not. So there is that.

If we get him for another four years, which we very well may, we deserve what we get.

Old 01-20-2020, 03:24 PM

Quote:
I'm fine if impeachment is all we get. It will be with him as long as he lives. You can believe he's hating it. The man can't go a day without tweeting about it.

The Senate may vote to acquit, but I hope they call witnesses like 70% of the country wants them to. If they do or not remains to be seen. More people want him impeached than not. So there is that.

If we get him for another four years, which we very well may, we deserve what we get.
Yes Trump tweets. We know that. That’s all you got out this impeachment. What a waste of time.

Old 01-20-2020, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Yes Trump tweets. We know that. That’s all you got out this impeachment. What a waste of time.
Nope. Got an impeached Trump is what I got. He needed to be called on his abuse of power and was. Thank you Speaker Pelosi.

Trump's the one wasting time. Instead of doing his job, he walks around tweeting about his impeachment all the time. I can waste my time, as I have no place to be.

Old 01-20-2020, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Nope. Got an impeached Trump is what I got. He needed to be called on his abuse of power and was. Thank you Speaker Pelosi.
Again. It makes no difference. Trump had all the power as president. Nothing has changed. Not one thing .

Trump is doing his job. It’s Democrats who have been looking to try and oust him from the beginning. They also know they have poor candidates and know they can’t win any other way

Old 01-20-2020, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Again. It makes no difference. Trump had all the power as president. Nothing has hanged. Not one thing .
Correction. He does not have all the power. I know you and some of his supporters would like to think that, but thankfully the Constitution is holding up so far.

Old 01-20-2020, 03:30 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Quote:
Sure, he has power. Thankfully so does the House. That's why we now have an impeached Trump.
Enjoy your meaningless Pelosi Impeachment.
Trump will wear it like a Badge of Honor as he serves the next 4 years.

His re-election is good enough for the rest of us.

In 2 years tell us all about your Impeachment again and what it means. Most people don't even recall Clinton was also Impeached.

Old 01-20-2020, 03:37 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Never said he'd be removed from office. He did abuse his power though. That's why he's impeached. Impeachment is enough for me. BTW, I don't know anybody else who has said "the end" besides me. Who would I be parroting?
So, it was politically motivated?

Old 01-20-2020, 03:39 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Correction. He does not have all the power. I know you and some of his supporters would like to think that, but thankfully the Constitution is holding up so far.
Trump has proved Democrats cannot run anything but their mouths. America is WOKE alright.

Old 01-20-2020, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Enjoy your meaningless Pelosi Impeachment.
Trump will wear it like a Badge of Honor as he serves the next 4 years.

His re-election is good enough for the rest of us.

In 2 years tell us all about your Impeachment again and what it means. Most people don't even recall Clinton was also Impeached.
Doubt he will wear it as a badge of honor. Shall we take bets on how many times the words "impeachment" comes up at Davos? LOL.

BTW, over half the country would like him to not only be impeached, but also removed. Doubt that will happen, but I'm sure he's not happy with those stats either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies