Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2020, 09:56 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,177,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
Oh, believe me, we know ! We know your side doesn't care about truth, ethics, honesty, respect for the Constitution, and all of the things that made America special. But I have to give you credit for your honest answer.
Pursuant to the Constitution, Congress has no authority in Foreign Policy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
1. As I have already pointed out to you elsewhere, since "impachment"="charged with a crime," yes he has been charged with a crime.
Not all violations of federal laws are crimes.

Cite the relevant statute in United States Code showing the penalties for policy decisions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Yet here he is impeached because he abused his power.
No, he was impeached under partisan politics because the Democrats are still angry they lost the 2016 Election and their false allegations of Russian influence failed to materialize.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2020, 12:43 PM

4,336 posts, read 1,556,840 times
Quote:
I wonder if McConnell, GOP, Trump supporters will even care that Trump's withholding Ukraine was illegal? Seems illegality is in the eye of the beholder these days.
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/tru...ffice-n1117031
It wasn't withheld. It was delivered. Get some facts and stop telling your filthy lies.

Old 01-19-2020, 02:48 PM

25,449 posts, read 9,817,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Open-D View Post
It wasn't withheld. It was delivered. Get some facts and stop telling your filthy lies.
I'm not going to go over the facts with you. You can look at them for yourself. He abused his power. He was impeached. The end.

Old 01-19-2020, 02:58 PM

2,264 posts, read 973,126 times
Torture is illegal too but nobody cared.

Old 01-19-2020, 07:29 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,971,833 times
Quote:
I wonder if McConnell, GOP, Trump supporters will even care that Trump's withholding Ukraine was illegal? Seems illegality is in the eye of the beholder these days.
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/tru...ffice-n1117031
I doubt that many Americans give a rat’s behind about Ukraine. I seriously doubt that many Dems cared about the Ukraine... until they could try and use it as a bludgeon against Trump.
I even bet it would take you a while to locate it on a map.

Old 01-19-2020, 08:15 PM

4,021 posts, read 1,801,194 times
Quote:
He abused his power. He was impeached.
No he didn't.
Impeached by a biased bunch of fools that just set a new precedent that the Dems will wish they had never set. Just like Harry Reid. Them stupid Dems just won't/can't learn......

Old 01-20-2020, 12:39 AM

4,336 posts, read 1,556,840 times
Quote:
I'm not going to go over the facts with you. You can look at them for yourself. He abused his power. He was impeached. The end.
The end he opines.

Not so. The President is still in office, the "case" against him is vapid, and no abuse occurred
. Discretion is not abuse. Maybe YOU should review the facts.

Old 01-20-2020, 06:44 AM

18,462 posts, read 7,096,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
If the aid had been held beyond the deadline, there would be a case for it being illegal but when you are claiming something was withheld that arrived before it was due you look..... well, pretty stupid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
Wrong.

“Faithful execution of the law does not permit the President to substitute his own policy priorities for those that Congress has enacted into law,” the decision states. “OMB withheld funds for a policy reason, which is not permitted under the Impoundment Control Act.”

Then what's the point of having a deadline?

Old 01-20-2020, 07:21 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,546,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon998877 View Post
stealing a candy bar would NOT be classified as a high misdemeanor.... smh
SMH...'high misdemeanor' is something you made up. It's not in the Constitution. The Constitution reads "high crimes and misdemeanors".

Old 01-20-2020, 07:23 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,546,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Open-D View Post
The end he opines.

Not so. The President is still in office, the "case" against him is vapid, and no abuse occurred
. Discretion is not abuse. Maybe YOU should review the facts.
The bolded is your opinion, and your opinion doesn't make him any less impeached.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies