Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2020, 02:49 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
The Fed caused the Great Depression. At least that's what Alan Greenspan said.
Primarily the Fed you are correct. Milton Friedman said it too. Immigration policies had nothing to do with the Great Depression not the prosperity before it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2020, 03:16 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Japan is paying a hefty price for disallowing immigrants into their country, as they want to remain Homogenous, 1.2 applicants per job.

When that should happen in the U.S., we'll rip down every wall along the Mexican border! But by then, with Mexico's fertility rate @2.0, there'll be very few to cross the Border.
Yeah, screw the environment, we need to keep our population growing.

I can't wait for the day we hit 1 billion people and our rivers and lakes are disgusting.

Old 01-18-2020, 04:56 AM

4,049 posts, read 2,742,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Time View Post
Close the borders. Deny illegals anything on the taxpayer dime. Deny them food, water, shelter, health care, and their freedom if possible. Illegals are like vermin. Once you cut off their food and water supply they tend to move on. Unleash a beast like the Rat Terrier or a cat to catch and kill them, in this case, our Rat Terrier and cat would be ICE and the ones that aren't caught and killed run for the hills and go back home. A hard-line stance is meant to be cold and ugly. These are the measures that have to be taken. I say 50% to 65% of the country would go along with it too. Especially when they learn that their real-world costs of healthcare, Heath insurance, and car insurance premiums would be lower, their wages would rise and their safety would increase. Close the borders now.

I understand being against illegal immigration but, I am much more fearful of people who think like you and could actually do things that you suggest. How lucky we are to have been born in the US.

Old 01-18-2020, 07:26 AM

62,962 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
If our government was functional, maybe a compromise could be worked out where the DACA people are given amnesty and citizenship in exchange for a multi-year legal immigration moratorium. That's how government used to work, where right and left hashed out a deal with some give and take.
Nope, no DACA deal or any amesty, citizenship deal. We should be able to reduce our legal immigration quotas without that piece of crap.

Old 01-18-2020, 07:40 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,019,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I certainly think we should reduce our annual quotas for legal immigration at this time. We have quite a mess now with millions here illegally to sort out.
We need lots more working age immigrants to pay for all you old farts that didn’t have enough kids to pay your bills.

Old 01-18-2020, 08:13 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,587,882 times
As the population ages and a higher ratio of retirees weighs on the Federal coffers, surely the best move is to artificially reduce the number of legal working-age taxpayers in this country.

Old 01-18-2020, 08:15 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,587,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Yeah, screw the environment, we need to keep our population growing.

I can't wait for the day we hit 1 billion people and our rivers and lakes are disgusting.
Find me a post of yours where you have opposed environmental deregulation. Until then, your concern I’ll-founded concern for the environment due to population growth rings hollow.

Old 01-18-2020, 08:23 AM

27,570 posts, read 28,673,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
Find me a post of yours where you have opposed environmental deregulation. Until then, your concern I’ll-founded concern for the environment due to population growth rings hollow.
Most of the environmental problems in the world are caused by overly populated countries.

Old 01-18-2020, 08:46 AM

8,338 posts, read 2,966,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
We need lots more working age immigrants to pay for all you old farts that didn’t have enough kids to pay your bills.
We don’t need any 3rd world freeloaders. We have plenty of lazy working age living with their parents already. They need to get a job and pay taxes.

Old 01-18-2020, 09:16 AM

8,975 posts, read 10,215,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical_Thinker View Post
I call that a raging success. You ~want~ more jobs than people - that's what keeps wages high and power in the hands of the workers, as opposed to the employers.

Japan would be much, much poorer today if they'd followed America's immigration policy for the past 50 years or so.
Explain Hong Kong and Singapore then please. And the Gulf countries where sometimes 80% of the population are migrant workers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies