Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2020, 10:38 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
I didn't know that any reasonably intelligent people believed the ridiculous lies Ford told about Kavanaugh...weird.

Either way, you probably did vote for Kyrsten Sinema and she's also voting against witnesses and is almost certainly voting for acquittal.....so there's that. Just think, your vote helped make the bipartisan acquittal possible!
Source the Sinema comments. I haven't actually heard where she stands at all. I know where McSally stands and I don't agree at all. If Sinema does stand that way too, I wouldn't vote for her either. I work so I can't keep up with all the crap especially from the party over country crowd called the Republican Senators and base.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2020, 10:40 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphfr View Post
Lamar Alexander just announce he will not vote for witnesses. Guess he wants a guaranteed spot at mcconnell's ranch pinochle table. I hear he makes a mean mint julep.
https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/sta...66229285498880

Democrat Manchin too

Old 01-30-2020, 10:44 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
No witnesses....so I guess we'll wait for Bolton's book - speaking tour
I hope the book spills all. The egg on the face of the Republican Party and Trump will be priceless. They are all crooks and corrupt.

Old 01-30-2020, 10:48 PM

8,957 posts, read 2,559,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Source the Sinema comments. I haven't actually heard where she stands at all. I know where McSally stands and I don't agree at all. If Sinema does stand that way too, I wouldn't vote for her either. I work so I can't keep up with all the crap especially from the party over country crowd called the Republican Senators and base.
See, the problem with that theory is that opposition to this process has always been bipartisan, it's never been just Republicans. The impeachment has always been entirely partisan, being driven by the far left wing of the Democrat party.

As to Sinema, we'll find out for sure tomorrow, but she's expected to vote against witnesses and for acquittal and she won't be alone in doing so.

Old 01-30-2020, 10:49 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Do Senators running for POTUS violate the public trust and act in their own personal interest when they seek to remove their chief political rival from office?
If Bernie, Warren, or Klobuchar vote to impeach Trump while they are candidates for 2020 they would be committing the exact same offense they are accusing him of.

Old 01-30-2020, 10:53 PM

6,913 posts, read 3,379,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
McSally is a stupid witch and we didn't want her last time. She is not likable at all unless you are a far right Republican. She is a phony. She didn't believe Ford was raped by Kavanaugh, yet she wants us to believe she got raped. GMAFB. I have never voted for her and I never will, ESPECIALLY for defending an indefensible and unconstitutional act by the most corrupt president ever. She and the rest of the Republicans who are voting to not allow witnesses can go to Hell.
So tell us how you really feel about her. Few believed Ford, many of her details were proven wrong.

The only ones going to hell are those that accuse for political show - (bearing false witness).

Old 01-30-2020, 10:56 PM

1,743 posts, read 1,042,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
I don't think you are blowing smoke, I just think that you are misinformed and you're parroting DNC talking points.

Any impeachment without a criminal basis is inherently invalid. If you can't point to ANY crime yet you still want to impeach, YOU are the one abusing your power and attempting to influence elections illicitly.

Don't worry, I have no doubt that when the shoe is on the other foot and Republicans are the ones attempting to abuse their power by impeaching a Democrat president without any legitimate basis to do so you'll be back here taking the exact opposite position, because blind partisanship. I've seen it far too many times.
Please show me evidence other than YOUR RNC/GOP talking points to prove my assessment is wrong. Also, I'm not partisan. I want my vote to be meaningful in my elections that the Constitution and state laws promise me will be free and fair as should you unless you are not eligible to vote. Are you? The president extorting a FOREIGN power to influence an election IS a High Crime and Misdemeanor. Period.

Old 01-30-2020, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
WOW! Do you realize you've made 441 posts in this topic?

What has made you so vexed about something that was a foregone conclusion before it started?

I'm retired and don't like being lied to. Does that answer your question?

Old 01-30-2020, 11:03 PM

18,022 posts, read 27,468,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
WOW! Do you realize you've made 441 posts in this topic?

What has made you so vexed about something that was a foregone conclusion before it started?
He's trying to bring us to the 11 millionth post.

shhhh… ignore...

Old 01-30-2020, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Molly Hemmingway:

"It is clear he did not commit any impeachable offense. The articles don't even list an impeachable offense."

... " Democrats have botched this impeachment from the beginning, Weird Soviet-style investigation, basement of the house of representatives, no due process for the President and his lawyers, weak pathetic evidence, hearsay witnesses, opinion witnesses, second hand third hand account witnesses, a convoluted series of accusations that were difficult to understand, first- we'll call it quid pro quo, no we'll call it bribery, no we won't mention any of these things in the actual articles...

… The democrats got zero Republican support. Remember, Nancy Pelosi says it has to be bipartisan.

We have the inexplicable one month delay in sending the impeachment to the Senate. If you're gonna be in such a hurry trying to slam these garbage articles of impeachment through, and not found time to subpoena the witnesses you thought you should subpoena, under the name of urgency, you might not want to procrastinate submitting the articles to the Senate because it kind of makes it look like you're lying.

You wanted to drop this to try and screw up President Donald J Trump's Christmas and ours as well, then you still didn't want to hand them over.

We can see why you didn't want to hand them over.

Trump's defense team, doing very well. I'm happy with their work.

House managers have done nothing but insult Senators and we the American People."

The media is along with these idiots, losers the lot of them.

When are you folks going to demand more? When are you going to walk away from this losing bunch of idiots?

What an absolute echo-chamber of sheep. For example, they compare Alan Dershowitz to hitler. Let that sink in for just a moment. This is your team doing this. This is the side you've picked.

I wish President Donald J. Trump could find a way to be more hateful, more repulsive, more insulting, more despicable than y'all assume he has been as he keeps kicking yo ass.

Good day, that is all.
A Federalist political analyst? Really? Might be even less truthful than Hannity. Probably has lint in her hair from being in trump's pocket. Please!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies