Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2020, 01:39 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,627,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Since when was Adultry a crime?
It's amazing how much information you lack.

Perjury is a crime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2020, 01:51 PM

2,828 posts, read 825,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
"Do you think anyone would say that to Trump?"

Trump is a violent and vicious man so I doubt he gets told to his face (unless by his ex-wives). Certainly there are people among his close advisors and top administration who think that Trump is a fool, or worse. Books are already in the stores offering details and opinions. I suspect there will be a glut of tell-all books shortly...everyone will have a story and be looking for a buck and trying to save their reputation.
When has Trump been violent and vicious? Be specific.

Old 01-25-2020, 04:35 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,550,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
That’s all you have is pictures. Get real for a change.

One picture is worth a thousand words.

Try it sometime, T-numbers.

It'll add some zip to those dull posts of yours.

Old 01-25-2020, 05:37 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,435,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
Maybe all presidents should have people - political advisors, lawyers, congressmen - who can be that blunt in scolding them. I don't think Trump has anyone like that in his life, and maybe never has, outside maybe his father.

But that's reportedly what Senator Patrick Leahy said to Bill Clinton at the time to Clinton's impeachment. And it was senators who told Nixon to resign.

Do you think anyone would say that to Trump?

The senator was livid. The president of his own party had gotten himself in so much trouble that he was now facing impeachment. And so when the phone rang one night after dinner and the senator picked up to find the White House on the line, he cursed the commander in chief.
“You’re a fool!” the senator told the president. “You’re a damn, damn, damn fool!”
The senator’s wife was aghast. “That’s the president!” she whispered in horror.
That was 21 years ago. The president was Bill Clinton, and the senator was Patrick J. Leahy of Vermont, who like other Democrats was furious at the position the leader of his party had put them in.

https://twnews.us/us-news/the-trial-...-be-a-template

…….and yet,Senator Leahy didn't ask him to resign and still voted to acquit President Clinton....I guess in the end he wasn't THAT angry.

Old 01-25-2020, 05:45 PM

3,071 posts, read 3,226,030 times
I think that Mr. Trump likes attention (be it good or bad) from the general public. That said, I don't think he would take too kindly to staff that would criticize any actions that he takes. Something tells me that he would not respond well to someone telling him "Sir, that's not a good idea."

Old 01-25-2020, 05:55 PM

38,644 posts, read 26,389,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDWNC View Post
I hated the orange fur ball when the idiot took out a full page ad in the NYTs on the Central Park 5
condemning them to the death penalty for them. The murder investigation was going on. The
prosecutor was known to be corrupt. Living and working in NYC allows a person to learn
a lot about the corrupt and laughing stocks trumps. He (it) was a democrat back then.

In an impeachment, there doesn't need to be a crime. In an impeachment,
there doesn't need to be a crime. In an impeachment, there doesn't need to be a crime.

There are many more sources. When you hear your lie on Fox for the millionth time, you will
ignore it.

https://www.newsweek.com/alan-dersho...erview-1483025

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...mn/2479066001/

But to top it off, he was committed by the GAO of a crime committed against the Ukraine
just as the impeachment show was about to begin. Look it up.

"The President, Vice President and all civil officers of the United States, shall be removed from office on impeachment for, and conviction of, treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors."

https://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution/articleii

Treason and bribery no longer illegal?

Old 01-25-2020, 06:00 PM

4,021 posts, read 1,800,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Since when was Adultry a crime?
C'mon, at least know a little history. Clinton lied to Congress. Not a good idea.

Old 01-25-2020, 06:03 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,548,854 times
I know exactly why nobody would say that to Trump. (I still have a problem putting the "P" word in front of his name) If they said anything like that to him they would be fired on the spot.

Old 01-25-2020, 06:04 PM

4,021 posts, read 1,800,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
It's amazing how much information you lack.

Perjury is a crime.
Ya beat me to it, Pedro.....yes, amazing how much people don't know...! And then to admit it in public. I'm reminded of an old Mark Twain line..."“It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt”

No mods, I'm not calling anyone stupid.....it was Mr Twain.

Old 01-26-2020, 04:33 AM

2,646 posts, read 1,847,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgh guy View Post
When has Trump been violent and vicious? Be specific.
Ordering a hit on a leader of another country, comes to mind. Saying "take her out," is another. Treating people like wild animals at the southern border, another. Well. I could go on, but I think you may get it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies