Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2020, 01:31 PM

34,232 posts, read 18,584,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
If you read his comment, he sure looks like he is admitting something. I would say there is way more to this case than then there ever was against Kavanaugh.

The evidence in the police report showed bruises on the woman and other evidence of rape I won't post. Kobe admitted he had consensual sex with her, then paid her off to go away. He apologized publicly and to his wife.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2020, 01:35 PM

5,117 posts, read 2,163,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RcHydro View Post
Let the dead rest.

Thank you!

Old 01-27-2020, 01:35 PM

4,178 posts, read 2,649,334 times
It's sad that some people are going harder on this one incident for an UNPROVEN incident where the guy just lost his life and daughter and folks are still focusing on a 17 year old incident that everyone has moved on from.

I've seen more sympathy for Epstein than I've seen for Kobe. Pathetic.

Old 01-27-2020, 01:38 PM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Some people concluded that he is not deserving of any praise, despite his tragic death, due to an alleged rape (think of it as an alleged accusation of racial discrimination by a black person). Yet, what greater praise is there to be exalted to the Presidency of the United States, despite talking about groping women and alleged infidelity?

This is not about Kobe's alleged act. This is really jealousy. Some people just hate the fact that a black man was winning like that....living much better than they can dream of living. Had his own helicopter....lol (like Richie Rich from the comic strip). They are just looking for an excuse to tear him down. Even in an early death, he achieved more than you all will ever achieve....and then some.

I hear my white co-workers talking about hating the NBA because "they are all thugs". But Hockey players...they are good guys....despite the brawls and fighting on ice. Face it.....a lot of white folks just HATE seeing blacks WINNING!!!
Cute story, but once again, just so much BS. White performers are just as trivial and unimportant as black ones. It's not about race-it is over the foolish degree of fawning over celebrities that occurs in this nation. Especially when they are also allegedly rapists... No different than Epstein, who was embraced by power players right until the end. (and in case you missed it-he wasn't black, just rich).

Old 01-27-2020, 01:40 PM

6,346 posts, read 2,900,201 times
It's a lie. It was a shakedown. It's pretty common for women to seduce rich athletes and then try to gouge money out of them. Derrick Rose had that happen, but he didn't settle - he counter sued and his false accuser was ordered to pay him.

And it's extremely low for any news organization to mention this just after his death.

Old 01-27-2020, 01:41 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
The best account of the incident you will get.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28QYy8lrww8

Old 01-27-2020, 01:43 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,709,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Cute story, but once again, just so much BS. White performers are just as trivial and unimportant as black ones. It's not about race-it is over the foolish degree of fawning over celebrities that occurs in this nation. Especially when they are also allegedly rapists... No different than Epstein, who was embraced by power players right until the end. (and in case you missed it-he wasn't black, just rich).
I agree with you about the undeserved degree of adulation of entertainers and athletes. However, a special animus exists for black players due to blacks struggle for equality in America. Black athletes irk many whites because they see them as ungrateful and should not be talking about America as racist when they are making so much money....paid by white people.

Old 01-27-2020, 01:44 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,677,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenniferLB75 View Post
Kobe allegedly raped someone. Do I think he actually did? Probably not, but it was never proven either way and the #Metoo movement mantra is to believe all woman. Now so many in Hollywood call him a hero, a wonder person. Maybe he was. I don’t know much about him. But if you are part of Hollywood and the #Metoo movement, the woman is to be believed, therefore he should be considered a rapist by their stance. Aren’t they being hypocritical?

I'm not sure what you expect here. Do you want people to organize to spit on his grave? I don't know of anyone being hypocritical. People I know who hated him still hate him.

Old 01-27-2020, 01:47 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,750,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mascoma View Post
It's a lie. It was a shakedown. It's pretty common for women to seduce rich athletes and then try to gouge money out of them. Derrick Rose had that happen, but he didn't settle - he counter sued and his false accuser was ordered to pay him.

And it's extremely low for any news organization to mention this just after his death.
This is why women who are raped don’t come forward. Likely the reason why accuser in the Kobe case decided not to testify. Victim blaming is alive and well.

It is known that she came from a wealthy family so it detracts from the theory that she trapped him in order to get a payout. The physical evidence detracts from the claim that it was consensual.

Old 01-27-2020, 01:50 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
The civil case was settled after the statement. He was not found guilty but if he were tried today he’d have the same fate as Bill Cosby.

From 2016:
Kobe Bryant’s Disturbing Rape Case
The civil case was, yes.

I highly doubt drugging and raping 72 women (or whatever the final count was for Cosby) would have Bryant resulting in the same fate.

The statement he read was part of the deal and was mandated by the woman and her attorneys. I don't see that he had a choice unless he wanted to go to trial, which nobody ever wants to do.

To me, there's no certainty of rape here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies