Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2020, 03:46 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,635,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
Nah, this circular slave conditioning require some external validation. Job titles are not distributed according to smarts or working hard, even brain dead talk radio fans learn that rather fast in the real life. Secondly, all people value their lives and time the same. Just saying "I am a smart and you owe me" will not cut in the wild. You'll have to prove that with your teeth and claws using ALL means available, so do not whine about unions and do not hide behind titles.
They got the job, and you got your feelings hurt.

Lash out if it helps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2020, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
There was a buddy I hung around with awhile back. No more though.
He owned a trucking company and was ecstatic about trucking under policies passed by NAFTA.
He made millions from it and retired at an early age in some country outside the USA.

I remember him saying though, if anyone in the world, can do your job cheaper, then that person is overpaid.

The problem is, with his kind of thinking, no country would have ever existed to begin with if we can do what we want on the global level to make money.

The USA Government, Military, and so many laws are in my way and charging me for it.
Why am I paying thousands of dollars a year for the welfare of this country if it is only to protect global profiteers at the expense to this country?

If you are costing workers and tax payers jobs and money in the USA, then you should also be charged for that.

Otherwise, we should disband the USA and form a Global Workers Union across the world.
So you agree the government should put US citizens above all others?

Old 02-01-2020, 03:50 PM

6,326 posts, read 6,595,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
They got the job, and you got your feeling hurt.

Lash out if it helps.
As much union beatching as you do, is it something personal? Did union guys, you tried to describe life pecking order to, flushed your head in a toilet or something of that sort? Your ego should have been dry by now.

Old 02-01-2020, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
As much union beatching as you do, is it something personal? Did union guys, you tried to describe life pecking order to, flushed your head in a toilet or something of that sort? Your ego should have been dry by now.
I'm a proponent of freedom.

You are ruled by envy.

Old 02-01-2020, 03:59 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,963,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Worked in two union shops, what I witnessed is the union protected those who would otherwise be fired. I had to lol at the guys who wore jackets, hats and put bumper stickers on their cars all paying homage to the union, as if it were their actual employer.
I negotiated my pay well above and beyond union scale. If you're good or even competent at your skill set the union is an actual hinderance and third party leach (right along side the gov.) on your paycheck.
Unions should only work toward better pay, everything else is favoritism.
I agree that if you suck at the job or **** up, out you go.

Old 02-01-2020, 04:03 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,669,275 times
Quote:
That's the company's choice.

Are you ok with a company that has a union hiring people who don't want to join that union?

If a company wants to only use union people, that's fine with me, but it should be the company's choice? Do you agree?

If they negotiated that specific right in the CBA. If company has a union contract, they agreed to the terms just as the union reps did and both signed on the dotted line. It's binding on both parties.

Old 02-01-2020, 04:07 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,812,829 times
Quote:
Public unions should be illegal. It's a conflict of interest.
I can agree that public sector unions in the present day are nothing more than gaining campaign funds and getting bennies. However there was a time before the unionization of my particular job that employees were subjected to mandatory overtime for days and weeks on end, low pay, no recourse and a hella dangerous job to boot. The union has now become a huge organization that a candidate must bargain with and that is not right for either side.

Old 02-01-2020, 04:11 PM

Quote:
You're free to start a company with the main goal being to hire as many people as possible and paying them as much as possible.

Good luck staying in business.
Except that, that line no longer works.

I mean "Starting your own company" in America today, since most of the leeches are not run by the owners.
They are not run by sweat of your brow people that work with all classes from the ground up, they are run by MBA's and *******s.

The biggest companies that depend on government welfare and military protection, are run by self entitled MBA's.

In old America, Capitalism worked.

An American, salt of the earth, saved money in a bank, invested that in a business and made it grow. He did not borrow from banks and wall street.

He became one of the cherished mom and pop shops.

Lets compare that model then to what we have today.

Today, an MBA comes in, slashes jobs and gets a pay raise and bonus.
In the old days, the owner took a paycut.

A Capitalist Owner has risk to himself, an MBA taking over a company shifts risk to everyone else and gives himself a pay raise. He had no RISK to himself at all.

Old 02-01-2020, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
[/b]

If they negotiated that specific right in the CBA. If company has a union contract, they agreed to the terms just as the union reps did and both signed on the dotted line. It's binding on both parties.
From earlier:

Quote:
If a company wants to only use union people, that's fine with me

Old 02-01-2020, 04:14 PM

Quote:
So you agree the government should put US citizens above all others?
Yea, if you are a business manager working in another country, you should have zero rights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies