Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2020, 07:41 AM

20,349 posts, read 19,937,992 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
What you mean to say is, we wouldn't understand unless we were mentally ill. We got it. The left votes to turn their communities into open air mental asylums. Then after doing so, they feel the need to demonstrate and protest non stop, usually tearing up their own communities in the process. And you all think you are the enlightened ones who know what's best...
As long as they sh** in their own nest and stay where they are, let em' be
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2020, 07:46 AM

20,349 posts, read 19,937,992 times
Quote:
=hawkeye2009;Aren't liberals lovely?

If you see someone behaving like an ass in public or destroying property, rest assured it is a liberal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Yeah, I doubt you'll see many MAGA hats. Bernie ones, I wouldn't bet against.
Or Tea Party members

Old 02-01-2020, 07:55 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,765,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Typical liberal thugs. No different than the homeless on the west coast breaking into houses, then demanding ownership, because they're homeless.

If they disagree with the way things are done, they need to work on changing the system. Instead, they ignore that issue, and just want free stuff.
Squatters are everywhere.

Likely, Florida experiences the most squatting incidents due to seasonal occupancy by owners.

Those who make squatting political trend far right sovereign citizen ideology.

No two states have the same laws as it relates to squatters and adverse possession. Most require the owner to obtain a court order for eviction.

Old 02-01-2020, 08:03 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,878,633 times
Not a fan of law enforcement but scumbags like these remind me what a thankless job law enforcement has.

Old 02-01-2020, 08:08 AM

5,112 posts, read 2,054,389 times
How they would like it if we tip to some burglars their locations? I don't think they'll sing the same song after that.

Old 02-01-2020, 08:51 AM

5,955 posts, read 2,883,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
I don't suppose this could possibly be because the fare evaders are disproportionately low income brown people, could it? Nah, that would make way too much sense. Let's just go with the all-purpose cry of "racism."
Guess they need more Diversity.

Old 02-01-2020, 08:57 AM

3,346 posts, read 1,270,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
The purpose of the rally isn't just to randomly protest the police...it is to address what some see as targeted harassment by the police to subway riders.

Seems there has been an increase police presence in the subway and they have been targeting people of color, low income....harassing them. The recent arrests are disproportionately low income brown people.

Seems it is significant enough that there is an official inquiry into the matter.

And like most cases where there might be a reasonable concern --- a bunch of yahoos jump on board and the message gets lost in the chaos.
True patriots fighting back against what they see as excessive government intrusion in their lives.

Old 02-01-2020, 09:04 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,638,146 times
I fail to understand how trashing the subway and jumping g turnstiles has anything to do with public/LE interaction issues. But whatever.

Thing about LE is no amount of "protest " will change a thing. Good cops/bad cops...at the end of the day cops are cops. The whole tired azz blue wall thing. CV code of Silence and all that.

That little establishment pretty much makes all cops part of the machine. "Good" cops know who the "bad "cops are. But they look the other way. Either that or dont be a cop.

Jumping turnstiles sure ain't gonna change anything. Bout the best we regular folks can do is avoid interaction with LE like the plague. Still it's likely to happen anyway.

For one reason or another. LE has always been a for profit profession. To be fair if I were presented with opportunity to pull tens of thousands of dollars in cash off of drug dealers and other flea bags I believe I would do so.

I'd have issue taking payoff money maybe. But highgrading is different. That at least hurts the criminals and doesn't facilitate them.

Just as a citizen I think if I knew 110% that a dealer had duffle bags of cash laying around the thought of jacking the creep would be tempting. Quite.

But alas I am merely a citizen. I dont have a badge to light my way. So I would likely have to make such a hit a wet work project. That...causes complications.

It wouldn't be civilized. Fun yes. But not civilized.

Old 02-01-2020, 09:17 AM

16,560 posts, read 10,643,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
True patriots fighting back against what they see as excessive government intrusion in their lives.
As Col. Potter would have said, "Horse hockey!"

True patriots "pledge our lives, our fortunes, our sacred honor" to their cause. In other words, they accept the very high cost of fighting for their freedom, and they're willing to pay it. These whiny self-important entitled jerks are not patriots. They're not willing to spend a single penny for what they want. They want everything paid for by someone else so that they get it for free. "Free transit!" is their rallying cry. What they mean is, "free for me!" The New York subway system costs a huge amount of money to operate, so someone, somewhere, has to pay for it. But these spoiled brats don't want to contribute their fair share (or "fare share") to do so. They're nothing but "gimme, gimme, gimme."

Calling these selfish idiots "patriots" is spitting on the graves of America's true patriots.

Old 02-01-2020, 09:24 AM

3,346 posts, read 1,270,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
As Col. Potter would have said, "Horse hockey!"

True patriots "pledge our lives, our fortunes, our sacred honor" to their cause. In other words, they accept the very high cost of fighting for their freedom, and they're willing to pay it. These whiny self-important entitled jerks are not patriots. They're not willing to spend a single penny for what they want. They want everything paid for by someone else so that they get it for free. "Free transit!" is their rallying cry. What they mean is, "free for me!" The New York subway system costs a huge amount of money to operate, so someone, somewhere, has to pay for it. But these spoiled brats don't want to contribute their fair share (or "fare share") to do so. They're nothing but "gimme, gimme, gimme."

Calling these selfish idiots "patriots" is spitting on the graves of America's true patriots.
Except the purpose of the rally is to protest excessive police force. Excessive government authority and intrusion in our daily lives. This is American as apple pie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies