Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2020, 04:49 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
This is a conclusion you have reached. It is not a fact. There isn't agreement when personhood begins. If I think that it begins at sentience or viability then that's my conclusion. I wouldn't force that on you and demand you accept my definition. Somehow you feel you have the right to do that to other people.
Biologists agree and biology states that life begins at conception.

You can throw around words like embryo, fetus, clump of cells, and personhood. The are effectively meaningless because ...

Everyone KNOWS for a FACT that when a woman is pregnant she has a baby growing in her womb.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2020, 04:50 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,219,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
-1 Do you know why women have abortions? Mostly it’s the lack of support and the support of the father. There are those who stand up and take responsibility, but the gals normally find no way out of their dilemma.
do you have any data to back up this as the majority cause? After you do, please also notee that I said BOTH parties were responsible.

Quote:
2- If women claim to be on BC and you playing the game, I would not trust it. Make it your responsibility not to impregnate anyone.
I think that's what I said.

Quote:
3- there is much debate about paying taxes for the poor, the so called lazy, the single mom with 4 kids, immigrants and their anchor babies etc. It has been said over and over, they shouldn’t bear the burden of these people.
there's a difference between a woman having A child while attempting to correctly use birth control and the systematic poor, the lazy, the 4 kids from multiple sperm-providers, and illegal immigrants creating "anchor babies" at will.

Quote:
All I am saying is there should be a major push to get that male BC out in the market. They want to revert roe vs wade and right now many states are changing their laws.
They preach abstinence in churches, but I have seen what happens when the girl gets pregnant. Not nice. I rather prevent - but that means males on BC too
There's no requirement for women to take birth control, so if they won't then why would we require men to?

as to Roe v Wade and restrictions on abortions, there's a Federal law that says you have a right to one (presumably up to some point; honestly I couldn't tell you if 3rd trimester abortions are disallowed). There's not a law that says the state has to make it easy or free.

Personally, I oppose the "heartbeat" laws. My state doesn't have them. I wouldn't want my daughters living in states that had them.

Old 02-07-2020, 04:55 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,049,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
False.
FACT:

https://www.medicinenet.com/script/m...iclekey=153902

Quote:
The risk of death associated with a full-term pregnancy and delivery is 8.8 deaths per 100,000, while the risk of death linked to legal abortion is 0.6 deaths per 100,000 women, according to the study. That means a woman carrying a baby to term is 14 times more likely to die than a woman who chooses to have a legal abortion, the study finds.

Old 02-07-2020, 04:57 PM

15,862 posts, read 6,328,434 times
Quote:
Biologists agree and biology states that life begins at conception.

You can throw around words like embryo, fetus, clump of cells, and personhood. The are effectively meaningless because ...

Everyone KNOWS for a FACT that when a woman is pregnant she has a baby growing in her womb.
What do you mean by "life". Lots of things are "alive" that doesn't make them a person. You could take a "living" tissue from my cheek and clone a new person. That doesn't mean that swap has personhood until it has been developed to a certain point. Heck, the sperm is "alive" and so is the egg so "life" starts before conception. What about twins? Is the fertilized egg two "persons" after splits or at the moment of conception.

Yeah, yeah, we all know where babies come from. The point is "when". You say at conception I say at sentience.

You could use that same argument for birth control. You have sex and use contraception so the child that would have been conceived in never conceived therefor what could have been will not be. It's the same outcome as an abortion.

Old 02-07-2020, 05:01 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,023,642 times
[quote=newtovenice;57285469]Then put your big girl panties on and WALK AWAY. No condom, no sex. Easy peasy.

Are women fierce and independent? Or are they pathetic and fragile? Pick one and stick to it.[/QUOTE

Women get to have sex whenever they want, protected or not. Even using bc it can and does fail. Saying yes to sex isn’t saying yes to pregnancy.

Old 02-07-2020, 05:02 PM

11,411 posts, read 7,809,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
It's a lot safer than carrying a pregnancy and giving birth.
Yep. Many times safer. From the link below:

The pregnancy-associated mortality rate among women who delivered live neonates was 8.8 deaths per 100,000 live births. The mortality rate related to induced abortion was 0.6 deaths per 100,000 abortions.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/22270271/

Old 02-07-2020, 05:03 PM

15,862 posts, read 6,328,434 times
[quote=hothulamaui;57285636]
Quote:
Then put your big girl panties on and WALK AWAY. No condom, no sex. Easy peasy.

Are women fierce and independent? Or are they pathetic and fragile? Pick one and stick to it.[/QUOTE

Women get to have sex whenever they want, protected or not. Even using bc it can and does fail. Saying yes to sex isn’t saying yes to pregnancy.
I know quite a few married women that beg the differ.

Old 02-07-2020, 05:09 PM

35,703 posts, read 21,063,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
do you have any data to back up this as the majority cause? After you do, please also notee that I said BOTH parties were responsible.

I think that's what I said.

there's a difference between a woman having A child while attempting to correctly use birth control and the systematic poor, the lazy, the 4 kids from multiple sperm-providers, and illegal immigrants creating "anchor babies" at will.

There's no requirement for women to take birth control, so if they won't then why would we require men to?

as to Roe v Wade and restrictions on abortions, there's a Federal law that says you have a right to one (presumably up to some point; honestly I couldn't tell you if 3rd trimester abortions are disallowed). There's not a law that says the state has to make it easy or free.

Personally, I oppose the "heartbeat" laws. My state doesn't have them. I wouldn't want my daughters living in states that had them.
I am not the one making requirements on anyone. What I would like to see is that option for men ready and available. The push back or ignoring the thought all together is evident as it’s still not at the pharmacy or Drs office. Nobody in DC or those who fight to change laws, is pushing for it. Why? I would think if I were a man, I’d want my own control. Having sex is not going to stop - having unwanted kids can, at least cut the numbers.

I think it would save lives, money, grief, and maybe happiness. Many unwanted children are also unhappy. You seem to understand what I am saying - some posters just don’t even want to entertain it.

Old 02-07-2020, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
Yep. Many times safer. From the link below:

The pregnancy-associated mortality rate among women who delivered live neonates was 8.8 deaths per 100,000 live births. The mortality rate related to induced abortion was 0.6 deaths per 100,000 abortions.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/22270271/
How safe is the baby?

Oh. It's dead. 100% mortality rate. That's not safe at all.

Name another procedure that bases its success rate off of a 100% mortality statistic.

Old 02-07-2020, 05:27 PM

[quote=hothulamaui;57285636]
Quote:
Then put your big girl panties on and WALK AWAY. No condom, no sex. Easy peasy.

It assumes the risk. So yes, it does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies